One of the most striking ways to demonstrate flexibility is transverse twine. Each girl at least once, but wanted to surprise others and, first of all, herself with a stretch and impress. Twine is used in many types of physical activity – in dances, martial arts, and for rhythmic gymnasts, the twine is longitudinal and transverse and is a mandatory element of the program.
The difficulty lies in the fact that transverse twine is considered the most difficult type of stretching and for many it remains a dream due to lack of perseverance or physique. Practice shows that it is not so difficult to realize a dream, because the main thing is to have a desire and strive to achieve your goal. Are you ready for the fulfillment of desires? Let’s find out how to sit on the transverse twine.
On the way to twine – five basic rules
Of course, the first time you can’t say magic «alle op» – and now you are already sitting in twine. Let’s start with the simple – with the basic rules that will come in handy during the stretching process..
- Always warm up – before sitting on the transverse twine, warm up your body. Thanks to warming up you can avoid injuries and increase your flexibility. It will be enough simple movements – tilting the body forward to the legs and to the sides, running in place, swinging legs and warming up the hip joints.
- Regularity – systematic classes will lead you to success. Twine requires a serious level of flexibility, and to achieve this level can only be done regularly by stretching to the transverse twine. Try to do it every two days (the first time), and when the body gets used to the stress – five days a week.
- Get dressed – exercise in a warm room, wear a T-shirt, sweatpants (even in summer, warm pants will do) and socks. Your body must warm up during training.
- Know the measure – no matter how quickly you try to see the result, do not try to accomplish the feat. Excessive pressure on the muscles can cause injury. Get smart with care – carefully and slowly.
- Find «accomplice» – introduce your friend to the case. Or a person who knows how to sit on the transverse twine and share the intricacies of the process. Even if you don’t do it together, a friend can help you keep the stretching exercise correct and can support you when you get tired and want to give up exercises.
The foundation is stretching
We proceed to the main thing – to stretching to the transverse twine. Performing a simple set of exercises day after day, you will significantly increase your flexibility, which means – get closer to fulfilling your cherished desire. Here are some exercises that will allow you to warm up the muscles and tendons before the longitudinal and transverse twine.
This exercise increases the flexibility of the inguinal tendons and stretches the inside of the thigh.
- Sit on the floor, bend your knees and connect your feet. Try to pull your heels closer to your body, and try to press your knees to the floor.
- Pay attention to your position – when doing the exercise, the back should be straight.
- Pregnant «butterfly» place your hands in front of your feet and lean forward. The knees are pressed to the floor, the back is straight.
This exercise is very effective for stretching the back and inner thighs, as well as the hamstrings..
- Sit on the floor, spread your legs to the side as wide as possible. Keep your legs straight and your toes up..
- Stretch your arms in front of you and lean forward. Your task – «put» chest on the floor so your body is lying, «like a pancake». Stretch in this position for several minutes.
- Then, with your arms extended in front of you, you reach first for the left leg (ideally, the body should rest on your leg, and your arms should clasp your feet), and then to the right.
- Take 5-7 sets of 10 inclines to each leg.
Touch the toes
This exercise focuses on the area under the knee. Stretching on the transverse twine will become possible after you have comprehensively worked on the development of flexibility of the lower body.
- Stand on the floor, legs should be straight, feet – together. Lean to the floor – you have to touch the toes with your fingers. Do not bend your knees, linger on each incline for 40-60 seconds
- You can perform the exercise while sitting. The principle is the same – with your fingers you should touch your feet, your back should be straight and your knees should be even. When you reach level «master» in the process of stretching, you should be able to wrap your arms around your feet.
Stretch your elbows to the floor
This is also a very important exercise, it can be done just before you sit on the transverse twine.
- In standing position, put your feet shoulder width apart. Lean forward (legs straight) and try to reach with your hands to the floor. Your task «maximum» – put your elbows on the floor.
- In a standing position (legs shoulder width apart), try to grab your ankles. Lean first to your right ankle, then to your left. Do this exercise 5 sets of 10 times.
We sit on the twine
Now that you have completed all the exercises, you can finally try to sit on the transverse twine.
- Squat, put your hands on the floor in front of you. Now slowly spread your legs apart, trying to straighten them completely.
- Stay in this position for as long as possible, then return to the starting position squatting. Give your muscles a break and do the splits again. Repeat exercise 5-7 times.
Regular stretching to the transverse twine will allow you to increase muscle flexibility, strengthen hip joints and increase the overall tone of the body.