- Causes of bags under the eyes
- Prevention of bags under the eyes
- Folk remedies against bags under the eyes
- Masks against bags under the eyes
- Eye Care Tips to Avoid Bags Under the Eyes
If every morning you wake up with bags under your eyes, then it’s time to think that masking them with foundation is not the best solution. The skin of the eyelids is very thin, and if there are any problems in the body, then all of them are reflected on your face. Follow our tips and you will learn how to quickly remove puffiness and permanently get rid of bags under the eyes at home.
In fact, bags under the eyes are an occasion to consult a doctor. Permanent swollen eyelids can be both a consequence of an improper lifestyle, and a sign of various pathologies in the body. Thus, determining the cause of puffiness of the eyelids, you can directly affect the problem.
Causes of bags under the eyes
- Chronic kidney disease. If bags under the eyes bother not only in the morning, but also during the day, this is one of the signs that the kidneys are not functioning properly. They are responsible for the water-salt metabolism in the body and if they can not cope with their task, then the concentration of sodium in the tissues increases, as a result of which bags under the eyes appear.
- Chronic rhinitis and sinusitis. The maxillary sinuses are located directly under the eyes and with inflammation they can affect nearby tissues, which often leads to the appearance of bags under the eyes.
- Pathology of the thyroid gland. Fluid retention in the body may be associated with a decrease in thyroid hormone levels. As in previous cases, only a doctor can identify the cause.
- Lifestyle. Chronic lack of sleep, alcohol abuse, the use of salty foods and plenty of water, especially before bedtime, lead to the formation of bags under the eyes, which subside only in the evening.
- Fluid retention due to weather changes. When you dramatically change the climate and fall into hot countries, a protective reaction is triggered in the body, as a result of which tissues accumulate additional fluid.
- Genetic predisposition. In rare cases, bags under the eyes are genetically determined and are not associated with any pathologies and lifestyle. In this case, you have to constantly fight with bags under the eyes.
- Age-related changes. With age, the skin loses elasticity and begins to sag. In some cases, there is a hernia of the lower eyelid (bulging under the eyes of subcutaneous fat). In this case, bags under the eyes can only be removed surgically..
Prevention of bags under the eyes
The appearance of bags is better to prevent, especially if everything is in order with your health. Follow our advice and you will forever forget that you once had swelling and swelling under your eyes.
- Go to bed no later than eleven o’clock in the evening. It is proved that the body rests and restores strength at certain hours – from 23.00 to 3.00.
- Your dream should be at least six hours, or better, all eight. If for some reason you didn’t get enough sleep, try the next day to make up for the lack of sleep and sleep longer.
- The higher your head will be during sleep, the more likely it is that in the morning bags will not appear under the eyes. If you have a flat pillow, then buy a pillow higher or put a second one. Thus, fluid will not accumulate in the eye area..
- Try not to sleep on your back. The “on the side” or “on the stomach” position is the most advantageous in the fight against a tired face.
- Follow the diet, eat at least five times a day, dividing food into small portions. Large amounts of food eaten at a time can lead to bags under the eyes..
- Try to cook at home and take with you in containers. Foods prepared in fast food establishments often contain excessive amounts of salt, which can negatively affect the appearance of your face. Try not to buy convenience foods, such food is comparable to food in fast food restaurants.
- Drink at least two liters of drinking water every day. The main thing is that the water is still and without additives. But keep in mind that drinking lots of water at once is also harmful. Spread the daily rate evenly throughout the day.
- Do not eat salty or spicy foods before bedtime. Salt retains water in the body, as a result, in the morning the face swells.
Massage against bags under the eyes
Stagnant fluid under the skin of the eyelids is due to a violation of lymph outflow. The best way to remove bags under the eyes at home is to do lymphatic drainage massage daily in the morning..
Before the massage, do a contrast wash, alternating hot and cold water. Lubricate your eyelids with face cosmetic oil or nourishing cream. Perform massage with the tip of the ring finger (it is the weakest on the arm and will not injure the delicate skin of the eyelids), gently pressing on the eyelid region, in the following sequence:
- 10 circular movements (on the bone), starting from the outer corner of the eye to the inner along the lower eyelid and from the inner to the outer – along the upper eyelid;
- 3 pressures of 10 seconds on the inner corner of the eye;
- 3 pressures of 10 seconds on the outer corner of the eye;
- 3 pressures of 10 seconds per area above the eyebrow in the middle;
- 2 minutes of light pats of the skin of the eyelids from the temples to the bridge of the nose on the lower eyelid and from the bridge of the nose to the temples on the upper eyelid.
Exercises Against Bags Under the Eyes
After the massage, perform special gymnastics, which is for various parts of the face: the area around the eyes, forehead, lips, cheekbones and chin. Against the bags helps the following set of exercises.
- Squint, and then open your eyes wide. Repeat exercise 10 times.
- Without turning your head, look left-right, down-up. Repeat 10 times.
- Close your eyes, relax, then sharply open them and blink at a fast pace.
- With closed eyes, make a few rotational movements first to the left, then to the right.
Folk remedies against bags under the eyes
There are many ways to get rid of bags under the eyes at home using folk remedies: from tea bags and fresh cucumber to cosmetic ice.
Potato compress. Take one fresh potato and grate it on a coarse grater. Put this pulp in several layers of gauze. The main thing is do not wring, you just need potato juice. Put potato compresses on your eyelids. After half an hour, remove them and rinse your face with cool water. Traces of bags should disappear. If you are in a hurry, you can just cut the potatoes in half and attach to the eyelids, try to sit with it for at least 10 minutes.
Fresh cucumber is another ingredient in dealing with bags under the eyes. Take the cucumber from the refrigerator, cut a couple of circles and attach them to the eyelids. The main thing is that the cucumber is cold. The cold helps relieve swelling, and the water and trace elements contained in the cucumber provide maximum skin care..
Tea compresses are one of the old and proven ways to eliminate puffiness. Tea is useful not only against bags under the eyes, it also helps relieve fatigue and eliminate inflammation. Brew strong black or green tea, dip a couple of cotton pads into the tea leaves, squeeze a little and apply them for centuries. You can also use tea bags, squeeze them a little and apply for each eyelid for 10-15 minutes.
Cosmetic ice. You can buy ice in a pharmacy or make it yourself at home. To do this, use a decoction of herbs, aloe juice, parsley or cucumber. Use these ingredients individually or combine them in any proportions convenient for you. When the ice hardens (prepare several cubes in advance at once), wrap a piece of ice with a bandage and apply to your tired eyelids. You can do a massage. To do this, take an ice cube and make several circular movements from the temple to the bridge of the nose along the lower eyelid, and from the bridge of the nose to the temples along the upper eyelid. You don’t need to wash after such a procedure, just blot your face with a napkin.
Aloe leaves. If you have very sensitive skin that responds to cold, take aloe leaves, cut them in half and apply for 10-15 minutes to the eyelids. You can also use a juicer or grater. Wrap the resulting slurry in several layers of gauze and apply to the eyelids.
Masks against bags under the eyes
In addition to the lymphatic drainage effect that can be achieved by using alternative methods, try to give more nutrition and hydration for the skin of the eyelids. Homemade masks against bags will help you with this..
Coffee mask. Make coffee and take the remaining thick (it should be a little wet). Put it in a cup, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a little mashed avocado. Mix all the ingredients and lay them on a thin layer of gauze, wrap. Put compresses on your eyelids. After 15 minutes, remove them and wash your face with clean water. Thanks to the tannin and antioxidants contained in coffee, such a mask can very quickly restore vigor to your tired eyelids, and olive oil and avocados moisturize and nourish the skin with useful substances.
Honey mask. This is the simplest, but at the same time, multifunctional mask. You need to take a little honey, soften it between the fingers and apply on the skin of the eyelids. If there is time, then go with this mask longer, preferably an hour. After you wash off honey, you will be very surprised how soft and silky your skin will become..
Mask of greens. This is one of the highest vitamin masks for the skin of the eyelids. It helps not only remove bags under the eyes, but also saturate the skin with useful substances. Take a bunch of parsley, a little basil, a leaf of aloe and chop it all in a blender – you should get a liquid slurry. Add one tablespoon of sour cream and carefully move. Use a bandage compress to fix the mask over the eyelids.
Eye Care Tips to Avoid Bags Under the Eyes
- Wash your face with cold water. Splash water on your face, and do not rub it. Thus, you will restore the correct blood flow in the eyelids.
- Use mineral water for washing. Normal tap water contains chlorine, which greatly dries the skin, as a result, it loses elasticity, becomes thinner and bags under the eyes form. Instead of mineral water, you can use micellar water or ordinary filtered.
- Do not go to bed without rinsing your makeup. This not only provokes swelling of the eyelids, but also leads to premature aging of the skin..
- Use milk. When you quickly need to put your appearance in order, moisten cotton swabs in milk and apply it to your eyelids, wait 10 minutes and wash yourself with clean water. Milk will quickly restore the skin of the eyelids.
- Massage with cold spoons is an emergency way to save from bags under the eyes and swelling. While washing, put 2 tablespoons in the freezer. Once they cool, apply them for centuries. Instant result provided.
- Daytime sleep. Lie to the brain! If you have bags under your eyes in the middle of the day, then just take a nap for 15 minutes. The brain will think that he slept all night and will give an update signal to your whole body, including centuries.
- Keep patches on hand. If you don’t have time to make masks or use recipes of folk wisdom, stock up on packing special patches. Attach them to the ages. After 15 minutes your eyes will freshen.
- Use a concealer. If the bags under the eyes have not completely disappeared, take a little concealer and apply it on the eyelids (remember that regular foundation should not be applied on the eyelids).
Now you know many ways to remove bags under the eyes at home. But first determine the cause of their appearance, and perhaps this problem will go away by itself.