Our eyes are very susceptible to external factors, consequently and care for them should be more thorough, follow the simple rules of eye care, and they will always shine!
How to care for your eyes important rules
1. Never sleep with your face in a pillow – this ensures the formation of wrinkles around the eyes, so sleep on your back or side. Take a soothing bath at night (coniferous, with a decoction of chamomile, linden blossom, valerian root, mint), drink a glass of warm water or milk with a spoon of honey.
2. Too high a pillow can disrupt venous outflow in the skin of the eyelids and lead to the appearance of “bags” under the eyes. Thin pillow is ideal. But it’s better to put a special roller or make an orthopedic pillow for sleeping.
3. Waking up in the morning, do not rub your eyes – this also contributes to the appearance of wrinkles. In the morning, you need to massage the eyelids and the whole face with a cube of frozen decoction of useful herbs: chamomile, St. John’s wort, mint, and then moisturize the eyelids with a special cream for the eyes, and the itching will pass.
4. On sunny days, do not forget to wear sunglasses. This not only protects the eyesight, but also the delicate skin around the eyes. Choose glasses carefully, they should not only fit your face, but also protect your eyes with quality.
5. Be sure to do such procedures in the morning and evening. Pour in a special bath (you can buy in pharmacies) a weak infusion (one tablespoon per liter of water) of chamomile, bring the bath to open eyes and blink them in liquid. The temperature of the infusion should be 36 ° C. Do not be afraid, it is completely harmless, and even vice versa – it is very useful for the eyes, because washing them well.
6. Use only high-quality cosmetic products. Every product that you put on your eyes should be labeled “passed the ophthalmological control,” whether it’s mascara, eye shadow, creams, or anything else. If the product says “avoid the area around the eyes”, then you must carefully follow this rule.
7. Remember also: no matter how wonderful the day (moisturizing, nourishing, tonic, softening, restoring) cream is, it is not able to solve specific problems of the skin around the eyes, and in addition, sensitive skin can react poorly to its effects. Apply and distribute creams with the ring finger very carefully from the outer edge of the eye to the inside, without stretching the skin that is thin and sensitive to any mechanical impact. For a better penetration of the cream, easily pat your lower eyelid with your fingertips. Be careful and careful that the procedures bring pleasure and benefit.
8. Pay special attention to cleaning: put a cleansing gel or eye lotion on a wet swab and remove makeup and dirt with gentle movements from the bottom up, as if you would like to emphasize the curvature of the eyelashes. Do not rub your eyes with force, it’s better to just squeeze a cotton pad or swab for a couple of seconds so that the mascara and dirt dissolve with the product and remain on the cotton, not on the eyes.
9. “Bags” under the eyes may be the result of a violation of water-salt metabolism, diseases of the heart, kidneys, chronic fatigue. If you have them or have appeared recently, limit salt intake in your diet and consult your doctor.
Compresses from infusion of sage and chamomile help well from bags. A teaspoon of any herb should be filled with 1.5 cups of hot water and cover for 15 minutes. Ready to infusion strain. Put two cotton swabs in a bowl with infusion. Lie down, relax, put moist tampons on your eyes and eyelids and lie down for a while.
In about 10 minutes you will already feel completely rested and refreshed. Store the infusion in the refrigerator. It can be used for two days, but no more. After it should be made fresh. Also, special masks well remove fatigue from the eyes.
10. If you have several problems, for example circles and “bags” under the eyes, use two special means: in the morning – from circles, in the evening – from “bags”, or vice versa.
11. From the “bags” and edema, make lymphatic drainage, which will help stimulate lymphatic circulation, relieve swelling of the eyelids. This is quite simple: take a few deep breaths and press the pads of the index or middle finger at the active points between the inner corners of the eye and the nose 5-7 times. A gentle massage of the eyelids will also help: from the middle of the upper and lower eyelids to the corners of the eye. Remember: this massage should be light, do not press hard and do not pull the skin.
12. When removing makeup, you also need to follow a few rules: you need to remove it with gel or lotion that does not leave a greasy film; give preference to creamy shadows, do not use mascara containing fibers; be sure to remove the lenses if you wear them before cleaning your face.
13. When white “grains” appear along the edge of the eyelashes (cysts of sebum – sebum), do not try to get rid of them yourself. They may disappear on their own, but if the process drags on, consult a doctor who will eliminate them. You don’t need to do anything on your own – you can infect and get big problems with eye and skin diseases instead of a small speck.
14. Each time, having returned from the beach, put cucumber circles on your eyes for 15-20 minutes. A piece of cotton wool soaked in cucumber juice is also suitable. This will soothe the skin and pleasantly cool it. On the beach and in the solarium do not forget about glasses!
15. Apple pectins and enzymes quickly relieve swelling.