The disease begins to appear quite imperceptibly, the destruction process can last quite a long time, sometimes ten years. But when varicose veins have already appeared, a person experiences serious problems depending on the degree of the disease: swelling, pain in the lower leg, discomfort during sleep, violation of the skin, the formation of trophic ulcers. Subsequently, an equally terrible disease develops – thrombophlebitis (the walls of the veins become inflamed, blood clots form, which can tear off over time and, moving through the circulatory system, clog the arteries, which can even lead to death of a person).
Varicose veins are quite difficult to treat, most often without medication, in some cases even surgery can not be dispensed with. But if the disease is detected in the early stages, then treatment is possible at home. At whatever stage of the disease, any doctor will insist on a set of measures to prevent its development. It is possible to treat varicose veins at home using gymnastic exercises, wearing special tights, underwear, ointments and infusions.
Preventive measures for varicose veins
- wearing shoes with heels, not higher than 5 cm;
- daily walks (2-3 km), walking on toes around the house and stairs;
- decrease in time of standing and sitting.
Gymnastic exercises for the treatment of varicose veins
- Sit on the floor, put your hands behind your back. Bend one leg at the knee, and the second in the upright position slowly lift from the floor 15-20 times. Change legs and repeat exercise.
- Put your feet shoulder width apart, stretch your arms forward. Squat slowly, but not completely, but to the level of your knees. Start 10-15 times, gradually increase the number of repetitions.
- Hands hold the back of the chair, legs wide apart. Now sit down a little, trying to stand on toes. Do not linger for a long time in the upper position. Repeat 15-20 times.
- Get on your toes, then drop abruptly. Repeat several times.
- As often as possible, become in the pose of “birch” (hands support the back, legs as straight as possible raised up).
Folk remedies for the treatment of varicose veins
- Warm clay compresses: apply a layer of clay, wrap with gauze and leave for a couple of hours.
- Get arnica and hazel bark at the pharmacy. For infusion, you need two tablespoons of one and the other ingredient. Pour 600 mg of boiled water, leave to infuse for 12 hours. Take 3/4 cup three times a day.
- Cabbage leaves will help to treat the inflammatory process of varicose veins. Lubricate them with honey and apply to sore spots, wrapping your legs in polyethylene. Change as the sheets become sluggish (approximately 2 hours).
- Cleaning your blood at home can help with varicose veins. Take 250 g of garlic, 350 g of honey, mix thoroughly and leave in a dark place for two weeks. Take 1 teaspoon half an hour before meals.
Treatment of varicose veins and its prevention at home should still be carried out under the supervision and on the recommendation of a qualified doctor. An important role will be played by diet and a mood for a positive result..