The etiology of such a disease can be very diverse: parasitic, viral, bacterial. And the first one you need to contact is a gastroenterologist. If there are problems with the small intestine, he will establish the cause and prescribe a course of procedures that will help to avoid severe complications, as well as a chronic form of the course of the disease. But pain in the navel can be caused by other causes..
What can be associated with abdominal pain?
- Appendicitis attack. Constant pain in the navel or upper abdomen. Sometimes it spreads throughout the abdomen or in the right iliac region. A visit to a doctor is mandatory, since appendicitis poses a direct threat to life if the condition is neglected..
- Small intestine inversion. It is manifested by sudden sharp pains observed in the navel, less often in the lower or in the right half of the abdomen. Also an early sign of gut twisting is vomiting..
- Intestinal colic. Spilled abdominal pain without clear localization that occurs shortly after eating.
- Aortic aneurysm. Deep, aching pain occurs in the abdomen, accompanied by discomfort and pulsation. Possible spread to other areas (chest, sides, lower back).
- Umbilical hernia. Abdominal pain that occurs during exercise or coughing. Accompanied by a protrusion of the navel, sometimes nausea and vomiting.
- Small intestine cancer. At the initial stage, the disease manifests itself as colicky pain in the navel, bloating, bowel disorder (constipation or diarrhea), nausea, vomiting. This is a fatal disease and should not be delayed with an appeal to a specialist. Timely detection of small bowel cancer is treatable.
- Abdominal migraine. Most susceptible are children, usually of preschool age. The disease is manifested by severe paroxysmal pain in the navel, as well as nausea, vomiting, flatulence, bloating, diarrhea.
Any pain that appears in the abdomen in the navel area is a kind of body signal about the course of the disease. Do not self-medicate and take all kinds of painkillers, a medical examination is necessary here.