- How to quickly raise hemoglobin in the blood
- Folk remedies for increasing hemoglobin
- Medications to increase hemoglobin
The life of every cell in our body is impossible without oxygen. But just breathing is not enough. Oxygen must be delivered to each cell. Hemoglobin, which delivers oxygen from the lungs to the cells, is responsible for this process, and then the carbon dioxide formed is transferred back to the lungs, where it is then exhaled.
When the hemoglobin level drops, the cells begin to experience oxygen starvation. For a woman, the norm is 120-150 g / l, for a man – 130-170 g / l.
A drop in hemoglobin to 100 g / l is hazardous to health, to 80 g / l and below is life threatening.
A decrease in hemoglobin level is usually associated with insufficient intake of iron-containing products, as well as a deficiency in the body of vitamin B12 and folic acid, which are responsible for the synthesis of hemoglobin.
Signs of low hemoglobin:
- from the cardiovascular system: palpitations, weakness, dizziness, headaches, fainting.
- external signs: brittle and stratified nails, pale, dry skin, cracks in the corners of the mouth, severe hair loss, early gray hair.
- on the part of taste and smell: desire to eat inedible substances (clay, lime, earth) and raw foods (cereals, pasta, dough); people with low hemoglobin often like the smell of acetone, gasoline, paint, etc..
Every 6 months, take a general blood test, which will allow you to detect a decrease in hemoglobin level in time.
How to quickly raise hemoglobin in the blood
To raise the level of hemoglobin, you need to follow the following recommendations of doctors:
- include in the diet products that increase hemoglobin;
- add folic acid-rich foods (lettuce, parsley, spinach, nuts, seeds) to the menu;
- consume recommended foods with fruits and vegetables that contain a lot of vitamin C (iron absorption is doubled);
- exclude drinks containing tannin and polyphenols during treatment, which interfere with the absorption of iron (tea, coffee, cola);
- dairy products should be consumed separately from iron-containing products (the time difference should be at least 2 hours);
- moderate use of heat treatment of products, since at high temperatures trace elements are destroyed, ideally cook in a double boiler.
Earlier, doctors advised to include more pomegranates, apples and buckwheat in the diet to increase the level of hemoglobin in the blood, but now they recommend “leaning” on meat products and seafood.
From animal products, the body absorbs up to 20% of iron, from plant foods – not more than 7%.
Folk remedies for increasing hemoglobin
You can increase the level of hemoglobin in the blood in two ways – by taking iron-containing drugs and folk, built on a balanced diet. If the first is prescribed only by a doctor and with a strong drop in hemoglobin level, then you can prescribe the second method yourself. We chose the best folk remedies for correcting hemoglobin levels at home, the effectiveness of which is confirmed by doctors.
Sprouted wheat. 50 grams of wheat seedlings almost completely covers the daily requirement for iron and folic acid. Start consuming seedlings with 2 teaspoons. per day, gradually increasing the daily serving to 3-4 tablespoons.
Vitamin Blend. Take in equal amounts walnuts, dried apricots, raisins, prunes – all these products contain a lot of iron, which means they increase hemoglobin. Grind everything with a blender along with half a lemon, add honey to taste, mix. Keep the mixture in the refrigerator, consuming 2 tablespoons three times a day.
Vegetable juice. A good folk remedy with reduced hemoglobin is the daily intake of fresh squeezed juice from beets and carrots. However, he does not completely cover the daily requirement for iron.
Rosehip drink. To make a drink, grind 1.5 tbsp. l dry rose hips, place the mixture in a thermos, pour a glass of boiling water and leave to insist for the night. Strain the drink in the morning, add honey and lemon juice to taste. Drink 1 glass every morning before breakfast.
Medications to increase hemoglobin
One of the available pharmacy drugs is the hematogen. It actually increases hemoglobin in the blood, but the iron content in it is no more than in a serving of beef liver. The remaining drugs are prescribed when the hemoglobin level falls below 100 g / l and only by a doctor. These include: Irovit, Kheferol, Ferrogradumet, Sideral and others.
Never prescribe medications to yourself. Only a doctor will choose the right drug and its dosage.
At home, on your own, you can increase your hemoglobin level with foods rich in iron. Eat properly and balanced, and after a couple of months you will notice that the hair will stop falling out, the nails will become strong, the general condition will improve, and the face will shine with health.