- Why are heels cracking
- Recommendations for the treatment of cracks at home
- Pharmacy treatment
- How to get rid of cracks in the heels folk remedies
Over 60% of the adult population faces this problem. First, under the influence of various factors, the skin on the heels coarsens, and then painful defects appear on it, which can become inflamed and abscess. Knowing how to treat cracked heels at home, you can quickly put your feet in order, without taking it to extremes. To achieve this, you need to know what pharmaceuticals to use and be able to use folk remedies. In the continuation of the article, all aspects of the topic of cracks in the feet are fully disclosed..
Why are heels cracking
Before you begin to be treated, you need to eliminate the factors that have become the causes of the problem and contribute to its development. The following describes why cracks appear on the heels:
- wearing low-quality synthetic socks;
- tight / uncomfortable shoes;
- endocrine dysfunction;
- mineral deficiency in the body;
- non-compliance with foot hygiene;
- dry skin of the legs;
- foot fungus;
- vitamin deficiency A and E;
- uneven skin tension associated with changing seasons.
Recommendations for the treatment of cracks at home
If you know for sure that the problem of cracked heels is not associated with impaired functions of the internal organs or the endocrine system, nothing prevents you from dealing with it yourself. Everyone will choose the treatment method at their discretion, however, a number of rules can be distinguished that will be relevant for absolutely everyone:
- Systematic treatment. If you began to deal with the problem of cracks in the heels, follow the prescribed procedures strictly on schedule. Everyday worries are not a cause for delay.
- Moderate use of medicines for cracks. Do not be guided by the blind principle of “the more the better.” Use the selected medicine in recommended volumes
- Observe foot hygiene, avoid factors that cause cracks in the heels. For the treatment to give the expected result, monitor the condition of the legs.
Any pharmacy shop will offer you an extensive selection of medications that can effectively heal cracked heels. The following list describes the most effective of them:
- Cream “Healing against cracks in the legs.” This tool contains essential oils of ebony and fir, so it has amazing healing properties. The cream has a mild anti-inflammatory effect, destroys bacteria, moisturizes the skin.
- Pine crack cream on the heels of Allga San. The composition of this drug includes mountain pine oil, allantoin (a substance that promotes the renewal of epidermal cells), chamomile extract, turpentine (helps improve blood circulation and blood flow in the capillaries). With the help of the presented means, you can remove cracks on the heels at home and completely restore the structure of the skin. With Allga San, your feet will become soft and supple in a matter of days..
- Ointment “Radevit”. A serious drug with a high content of vitamins A, E, 2. The product has a powerful therapeutic and cosmetic effect for any skin damage associated with a deficiency of beneficial components in the body..
- Gel “911 Zazhivin”. Highly effective drug that has a disinfecting and wound healing effect. The gel gently cares for the skin of the heels, promoting cell regeneration and healing of cracks. It contains milk thistle and tea tree oil, sage extract and vitamin F.
- Foot Cream “Healing Cracks”. A unique product based on the extract of sea buckthorn berries is widely used to care for dry and rough skin. The delicate effect of the cream prevents the formation of corns, cracks, corns on the heels. Immediately after application to the damaged areas, a painkiller effect is felt..
How to get rid of cracks in the heels folk remedies
The main advantage of grandmother’s products is that they contain nothing but natural ingredients, from which there will never be allergies and side effects. On top of that, folk remedies are not affordable. All the necessary components for the healing of cracks in the heels are found on the farm. They can also be bought at an affordable price in the market. If you are interested, write down some simple and useful recipes for yourself..
- Tetracycline ointment plus apple cider vinegar. A unique remedy for traditional medicine, with which you can treat heels from corns and cracks at home. Before a night’s sleep, steam the skin of the legs in a hot bath, wipe with a towel, apply a tetracycline ointment, wrap the lower legs with cling film. Having woken up in the morning, remove cellophane and put on bandage bandages soaked in apple cider vinegar. After 12 hours, hardened and cracked skin can easily be removed with a pumice stone..
- Yolk ointment. An excellent tool for self-repairing cracks and corns on the skin of the heels in everyday conditions. To cook it, you will need a yolk of one chicken egg, 20 grams of sunflower oil and 10 grams of vinegar. Thoroughly mix the ingredients and apply the resulting ointment on the legs previously steamed in a hot bath. Wrap the feet with cellophane. So that the skin has time to absorb nutrients, do it before bedtime.
- Onion ointment. Heat 200 grams of unrefined sunflower oil in a pan. Add two finely chopped onions to it and fry until golden brown. Strain the contents of the pan through cheesecloth, add a little beeswax, refrigerate. After each bath, use this ointment to eliminate painful cracks in the heels..
- Honey compress. Before a night’s sleep, apply honey on a cracked foot, wrap it tightly with a plastic wrap (food grade is optimal), put on top warm cotton socks. In the morning, remove the remnants of honey with a sponge and wash your foot thoroughly. Repeat the described procedure every evening, and after 5 days you will forget about the problem of painful cracks on the heels.
- Compress against cracks with vegetable oil. A simple folk remedy that provides quick healing of cracks on the soles. According to numerous reviews, the effect is doubled if olive oil is used instead of vegetable oil. Soak wool socks with oil, put them on, wrap feet with cling film. Remove the compress no earlier than 4 hours. All this time you will feel uncomfortable, but for the sake of saving the skin of the heels it is worth to be patient.
- Compress with a cabbage leaf. Apply a thin layer of honey on the heels, attach a sheet of cabbage on top. Lock with a bandage. A natural medicine will help against cracks and calluses. After 2-3 weeks, all defects will disappear.
- Mask of zucchini. Only natural natural remedies can provide delicate heel care at home. Using a mask from a vegetable marrow, you personally will be convinced of it. To cook it, you need 15 grams of grated zucchini and 8 grams of olive / corn oil. Combine these components, spread the thick mixture on gauze swabs. Apply heels to the skin, wrap with cling film, put on socks. After a quarter of an hour, remove the mask and wash your feet with cool water. In order to consolidate the effect, apply a nourishing cosmetic product to the damaged areas. For this purpose, the healer cream is best suited..
- Mask of apricots. Using a fork, knead a few ripe berries, add a third of a dessert spoon of olive oil, place the mixture in a water bath. After 5 minutes, apply the product to the cracks located on the skin of the heels. After 20 minutes, remove the mask, wash your feet and treat them with a nourishing cream.
- Mask of oranges. A wonderful tool that allows you to effectively treat heels from painful cracks at home. Finely chop the flesh of one small orange, add a couple drops of olive / corn oil, evenly distribute along the cracks on the heels. Put polyethylene on your lower legs and record a quarter of an hour. After 15 minutes, the mask must be removed.
- Tea tree oil. A couple of drops added to the heated water prepared for the bath will help accelerate the healing process of cracks on the heels.
- Marjoram oil. Add a small amount of this substance to an ointment made at home, and you can quickly remove hardened skin on the heels..
- Eucalyptus oil. The secret component with which the treatment of heels for painful cracks is significantly increased. Add a few drops of eucalyptus oil to the warm water prepared for the bath, and immediately feel relief.
- Bath with starch. A simple effective tool to eliminate cracks in the skin of the heels in a domestic environment. Heat a liter of water to a temperature of 70 °, add 30 grams of dry potato starch to it. Dip your feet in the water, spot half an hour. Add hot water periodically so that the temperature does not drop. At the end of the procedure, dry your feet with a soft cloth towel, treat with a nourishing cream, put on socks made of any natural material (most importantly, not synthetic). Experts recommend doing this before bedtime. Continue to take care of your heels for at least two weeks and can handle the deepest cracks.
- Nettle bath. Pour two tablespoons of dried nettle with a liter of boiling water. Let her brew for 4 hours. When the water takes on a cloudy tint, lower your feet into the bath and spot a quarter of an hour. After that, wipe your feet with a towel and treat your feet with a moisturizer. For such purposes, the cream “Gevol.” Carry out such procedures systematically. After 2 weeks, you will have soft, smooth heels without a hint of cracks..
- Bath with soda. A universal remedy for treating the skin of the legs, applicable in almost any situation. In one and a half lira of warm water, dilute 25 grams of baking soda. Lower your feet into the basin for a quarter of an hour. Wipe your feet and moisturize them when finished..