- What is contained in bananas
- Bananas – benefits and harm to the body
- The benefits of bananas for women
- The benefits of bananas for men
- The benefits of bananas for children
- How many bananas can you eat per day
- Banana peel – beneficial properties
The fact that eating fruit has a beneficial effect on the body is known to almost everyone. One of the most affordable exotic fruits is bananas, they are sold all year round, do not cause allergies, many people like them. It is worth telling in more detail about how this product affects the health.
What is contained in bananas
It’s hard to believe, but this plant is not a fruit, but a berry. Are bananas good for your health? Yes, because they contain many vitamins, minerals, trace elements necessary for the normal functioning of the human body. Bananas contain:
- amino acids;
- Apple acid;
- vitamin C;
- carbohydrates, proteins and fats;
- vitamin C (protects against infections);
- thiamine (vitamin B1 contributes to the digestibility of carbohydrates);
- vitamin PP (good effect on the brain, central nervous system);
- carotene (positive effect on eyesight, skin, hair, nails);
- Vitamin B2 (helps wounds heal faster, has a good effect on the digestive system);
- magnesium (useful for the brain, nervous system, blood vessels);
- pyridoxine (vitamin B6 promotes the production of gastric juice, strengthens nerves, stimulates the production of serotonin);
- potassium (beneficial effect on the cardiovascular system, removes excess fluid);
- folic acid (beneficial for female genital organs).
Bananas – benefits and harm to the body
First of all, it is worth noting that it is recommended to eat only fresh fruits. Overripe is dangerous, and unripe are overfilled with starch. What are the benefits and harms of bananas for the body? The list of positive properties that they possess:
- beneficial effect on the digestive system;
- help with weight loss (in combination with sour cream, cottage cheese);
- remove excess fluid;
- together with milk and herbs help to cure bronchitis;
- increase muscle tissue growth;
- make vessels stronger and more elastic;
- reduce blood viscosity;
- beneficial for the intestines, liver;
- give energy;
- help relieve constipation;
- normalize the intestinal-alkaline balance;
- strengthen the nervous system;
- remove harmful substances.
It is impossible to say that bananas are harmful, but they have a number of contraindications. It is better to refuse them to those people who have diabetes mellitus, thrombophlebitis, ischemia, increased blood coagulation, dysentery. It is advisable not to eat them for babies younger than one year old, and for mothers who breastfeed the babies. The specific list of positive and negative properties of the fruit depends on its variety and processing method..
Green bananas – benefits and harms
The fruits of this variety are large. They have a slightly astringent taste, so they are more suitable for making stews, mashed potatoes, chips. They have a very positive effect on the digestive system. The benefits and harms of green bananas are due to the presence of indigestible starch in their composition. Thanks to him, a person feels full longer. The regular use of green bananas significantly reduces the rice development of stomach ulcers and facilitates the course of this disease in those people who already suffer from it. In addition, the fruit acts very well on the cardiovascular system.
Dried bananas – benefits and harms
Dried fruits have more calories than fresh ones. The benefits and harms of dried bananas must be carefully weighed before they are consumed. It is better to refuse such fruits to people who are prone to obesity, patients with diabetes mellitus, those who have recently experienced a stroke or heart attack. They are forbidden with dispersion and increased flatulence. Their benefits are as follows:
- positively affect the digestive system;
- help in the fight against constipation;
- prevent anemia;
- normalize the menstrual cycle.
Boiled bananas – benefits and harms
With heat treatment, the fruits become sweeter, but lose some of the nutrients. In general, boiled bananas have the same properties as fresh or dried. However, only a very small number of them and extremely rarely allowed to use for people suffering from diabetes. Some of the sugar leaves them, although it affects the taste in a positive way.
The benefits of bananas for women
Women should definitely include this fruit in their diet. Useful properties of banana for women:
- When consumed, toxins are eliminated from the body, it is cleansed at the cellular level.
- Women who eat one banana every day have very beautiful skin. She looks young and fit.
- Bananas help with depression, relieve PMS, and reduce abdominal pain during menstruation..
- These fruits are useful for the prevention of cancer due to the carotene and vitamin B they contain..
- Fruits are useful for preventing migraines. They reduce headache intensity.
- When fruits are consumed, more oxytocin is produced in the body..
- If during pregnancy a woman eats this fruit, she will stop vomiting. They do not need to be abused, this causes bloating.
The benefits of bananas for men
Not only the female body is beneficial for the use of this fruit. The benefits of banana for men:
- Fruits positively affect the potency and health of the genital organs as a whole due to the tryptophan contained in them. They increase sperm motility, which is very useful for couples who have problems conceiving.
- Fruits give energy. This is especially important for men who play sports or engage in physical labor..
- Fruits help restore muscle tissue.
- Fruits lower blood pressure. This is very important for men because they are more prone to hypertension. They reduce the risk of blood clots.
The benefits of bananas for children
Many parents argue about whether to introduce these fruits into the diet of their babies. You can give it from 6 months, but it is better to wait a year. A child is unlikely to refuse such a treat. If the baby begins to swell or a rash appears, then temporarily exclude this product from his diet, and then reintroduce gradually, in small portions. The benefits of bananas for children:
- Eating fruit increases concentration, relieves fatigue.
- Fruits have a restorative effect, improve sleep.
- They help to form bone tissue, muscles.
- Stimulate brain function.
How many bananas can you eat per day
This question is very relevant for all lovers of sweet fruit. You can eat bananas every day, but not more than two or three pieces. Of this amount, the daily norm of vitamins and nutrients enters the body. As for children, they, depending on age, can be given from a quarter to two fruits per day. Girls who are on a strict diet or prone to overweight, it is better to refuse bananas. If you wish, you can eat a small piece, but very rarely and only on an empty stomach for breakfast.
Banana peel – beneficial properties
Not only the pulp of the fruit is the application. The benefits of a banana peel are as follows:
- Crust is rich in minerals, antioxidants, wax, macronutrients, oils.
- It is included in the composition of masks for the skin of the face, body. Relieves irritation.
- The skin is used in medicine to combat psoriasis, warts, blackheads.
- Used for teeth whitening.