- Causes of lipomas on the body
- Modern methods of treating wen
- How to get rid of wen folk remedies
- How do subcutaneous adipose tissue look like on the body – photo
Moving tubercles on the body do not cause discomfort, but for many they become an unpleasant cosmetic problem. Their medical name is lipoma. People say, “wen on the body: how to get rid?”. There are many ways: traditional and alternative. The first methods allow you to forget about the lipoma forever, the second in most cases only eliminate visible manifestations.
Causes of lipomas on the body
The risk group consists mainly of women aged 30 to 50 years. Young children may also be affected by the disease, but they cannot be removed for no good reason. From what wen appear on the body, scientists have not fully figured out. There is a hypothesis: in the affected area, innervation is disrupted, which leads to intensive reproduction and growth of fat cells. Education switches to autonomous control, ceasing to obey the nervous system.
It is worth highlighting several more causes of subcutaneous adipose tissue:
- hormonal changes;
- malnutrition (excess of junk food, imbalance of nutrients);
- disturbances in the work of the liver, gall bladder and genitourinary system;
- genetic predisposition;
- sedentary lifestyle;
- adverse environmental conditions.
Modern methods of treating wen
Specialists of traditional medicine believe that it is possible to get rid of lipoma forever only by surgery. This method is resorted to if the wen has grown more than 1 cm in half a year, or the size of the formation has reached 5 cm. Intervention will be required when the lipoma is located on the area of the body that is prone to injuries and causes pain. In other cases, treatment with folk remedies is allowed.
It is possible to bring out a lipoma with the help of drugs when it is still small – no more than 2-3 cm. Today the method is considered ineffective, because it gives side effects and does not always have a positive result. The patient is examined, then sent to the hospital. In sterile conditions, the doctor makes a puncture of the wen with a thin needle and injects a special solution there.
A common drug is Diprospan. The drug locally breaks down cells of adipose tissue. The procedure for introducing the substance is repeated several times, and the final result is achieved 2-3 months after the injection course. Treatment is successful in 78-82% of cases, but it does not guarantee that wen will stop appearing. An improperly selected dosage of the drug can provoke digestive failures, neurosis, depression, weight gain.
Fat on the body: how to permanently get rid of these unpleasant formations? Surgeons give a definite answer – in order to remove a lipoma (or a lot of lipomas), it is necessary to resort to surgery. There are such ways:
- Traditional. A radical method that involves excising a wen with a capsule. An incision is made along the entire length, then the tumor and capsule are husked. The last step is suturing. The method gives a high probability that there will be no re-appearance of lipoma. Scar Remains After Surgery.
- Liposuction Minimally invasive method that treats subcutaneous adipose tissue on the body. Its essence is the vacuum suction of cystic cells. An incision up to 5 mm is made on the lipoma, a vacuum lipoaspirator is inserted into it and the contents of the wen are extracted. The procedure almost does not leave a scar, but does not guarantee the absence of relapse.
- Endoscopic method. It belongs to the group of minimally invasive interventions. The skin incision length is up to 1 cm. The specialist inserts endoscopic instruments into the hole, destroys and removes the wen. Next, using a miniendoscope, checks whether all tissue is removed. The capsule of formation remains in place, which does not exclude the risk of re-occurrence of lipoma.
These are not all modern ways to remove wen on the body. Laser therapy is very effective, which does not leave scars and completely eliminates the risk of re-occurrence of the tumor. The algorithm of actions is the same as for traditional excision, only a laser beam is used as a scalpel. The laser is used to remove lipomas whose size does not exceed 5-6 cm. If this is your case, the question “wen on the body: how to completely get rid” will no longer arise.
How to get rid of wen folk remedies
Most patients resort to alternative medicine before contacting a surgeon. Adherents of traditional therapy argue that such actions can lead to accelerated growth of lipomas. In practice, the treatment of wen folk remedies has a certain percentage of success. However, you must be completely sure that the subcutaneous formation is a lipoma..
How to remove a wen at home? Five effective recipes:
- Compresses with ichthyol ointment or Vishnevsky ointment. Apply the substance to cotton wool or bandage, attach to the formation and fix. Leave the compress for 10-12 hours, then make a new one. Procedures spend three days, then take a break for 1-2 days. Repeat course if necessary.
- Kalanchoe. Tear off a fresh leaf, rinse well. Carefully cut it along, attach the side with the pulp to the lipoma and fix it with a band-aid. Change the compress daily, the result will be visible in a month.
- Iodine and vinegar. Take 1 tbsp. l natural apple cider vinegar and the same amount of iodine. With this mixture, lubricate the wen once a day until it disappears completely..
- Golden mustache. Suitable for treatment even better than ointment from wen. Wash the leaf of the plant and mash. Put it on a lipoma, fix it with polyethylene and a dense bandage made of natural fibers. Change the compress after 12 hours. Duration of treatment – 7-10 days.
- Onion and soap. Bake a small onion in the oven, make gruel from it and mix with crushed soap in a 1: 1 ratio. Every day, apply the product for 5-6 hours until the tumor disappears completely.
How do subcutaneous adipose tissue look like on the body – photo
Lipoma has the shape of an oval or round tubercle protruding above the surface of the skin. The boundaries are clear. With slight pressure, the inner contents move. Sizes range from very small, invisible to the eye, to very large. In the latter case, cystic formation interferes with normal life and poses a threat to health.