- How to draw on coffee – basic techniques
- How to draw a heart on your coffee
- How to draw a chocolate flower on your coffee
A cup of familiar coffee can be made a work of art. There are various techniques for applying a pattern to the surface of a coffee. To produce such a masterpiece, you need to know the subtleties of drawing on coffee, which we will reveal in this article.
How to draw on coffee – basic techniques
You can draw on milk foam using various techniques, namely:
Pitching. This drawing technique involves the use of a pitcher, it is a jug with a sharp nose, with the help of which the air foam is infused and applied at the same time..
Etching. A thin, sharp stick is needed for this technique, a toothpick is ideal. It must be immersed through the milk foam so that the tip of the toothpick comes in contact with coffee. Then, the barista applies the drawing, combining the whipped foam and black coffee.
Mixed. When using pitching and sketching when creating a coffee drawing.
Screen. This technique of drawing a pattern on coffee is considered the easiest and most affordable for a beginner barista. To do this, you need to purchase a stencil or cut it out of paper, attach it to a cup of coffee and sprinkle chocolate, cinnamon or cocoa on top of milk froth.
3D. Various three-dimensional thick foam figures are created on the surface of the coffee.
Engraving. For this technique, it is necessary to purchase syrup, which is applied to the surface of the foam inscription or drawing.
How to draw a heart on your coffee
To draw a heart on coffee you need:
1. to froth chilled pasteurized milk using a steam tube of a coffee maker or to beat heated pasteurized milk in a French press;
2. make espresso;
3. Sprinkle brewed coffee with cocoa or cinnamon, this will become a contrasting background to the picture;
4. with the help of a pitcher, start pouring frothed milk into the center of the mug at a distance of 5 cm from the surface of the coffee;
5. when the white circle reaches the desired heart size, you need to bring the pitcher’s sharp nose 2 cm from the surface of the coffee and draw it sharply down. This is necessary so that a sharp tip of the heart is formed, as well as a hollow.
Coffee decorated with a heart is ready!
You can also create a heart on the surface of the coffee using other techniques, they look beautiful and spectacular.
How to draw a chocolate flower on your coffee
To create a chocolate flower for coffee you need:
1. to froth pasteurized chilled milk using a steam tube of the coffee maker, at the rate of 3 parts of milk for 1 part of coffee;
2. make coffee;
3. prepare a tall glass, set aside a spoonful of milk froth and pour milk into it;
4. in the center of the glass, into the milk, we begin to pour coffee, after this manipulation two mugs appear in the glass;
5. in the center of the glass, lay out the deferred spoon of foam;
6. with melted chocolate we make the outline of a smaller and larger circle;
7. using a toothpick, we move from center to edge, then from edge to center, where they didn’t draw.
Coffee decorated with a chocolate flower is ready!
According to this scheme, you can create various flowers, for this it is necessary to change the direction of the toothbrush on the foam.
How to draw on coffee using a stencil
The easiest way to apply a picture to coffee is screen printing. To create coffee with a pattern on the surface, using a stencil, you must:
1. beat milk in one of the above ways;
2. make coffee;
3. combine coffee with milk;
4. to purchase or make a stencil with your own drawing, inscription;
5. place the stencil over the cup and sprinkle it with cocoa, cinnamon, grated chocolate or ground nuts.
Coffee decorated through a stencil is ready!
To achieve a successful result, practice is absolutely necessary. Try the basic coffee drawing techniques and choose the one that suits you best. Try, experiment, please yourself and loved ones!