- The main components of beautiful eye makeup
- How to color eyes with shadows
- How to draw eyes with a pencil
- How to color your eyes with eyeliner
- How to paint eyes with mascara
- How to color your eyes according to their shape
- How to choose eye shadow
- Options for beautiful eye makeup
- Useful Tips
You must have carefully studied your appearance more than once, you know your strengths and weaknesses. At the same time, makeup artists are sure that even flaws can be turned into advantages, you just need to know how to work with them. Based on the advice of professionals, we have compiled a step-by-step guide on how to beautifully make up your eyes, given their cut, shape and color.
Also from what you read, you will learn about the possible nuances that you may encounter during the makeup process. And the advice of makeup artists will let you know how to deal with them..
The main components of beautiful eye makeup
1. Cleansing the skin. The first mandatory stage, from which any makeup begins. There are several options for cleansing the skin – deep and superficial. If time permits, use special means: scrub or exfoliant. They will rid the skin of dead cells, and make-up will be better “lying”. If time is short, just wipe your face with tonic or micellar water (provided that there is no makeup on your face). Otherwise, pre-use a special makeup remover.
2. Moisturize the skin. On cleansed skin, apply a moisturizer that suits your skin type. After this procedure, wait a couple of minutes for the cream to absorb..
Useful advice: if your face looks tired, and in the morning puffiness appears under your eyes, use cosmetic ice. It can be bought or made independently from boiled, mineral water or from a herbal decoction..
3. The choice of color. First of all, makeup should be as comfortable as possible for you. It is not necessary to blindly follow all established rules. Conventionally, the entire color scheme is divided into two types: “cold” and “warm” shades. “Cold” – blue, purple and their shades. “Warm” – red, yellow and their shades. It is worth remembering that mixing them is undesirable.
4. Application of the base. Before you start eye makeup, you need to apply a foundation. On the eye area, apply a concealer that disguises the vasculature, redness and bruising. Cover the rest of the face with foundation and fix with powder. If there are large defects on your face, such as wrinkles or acne marks, use a special makeup base before applying the topcoat (foundation and powder). If your skin is in perfect condition, then applying the base is optional.
5. Apply makeup. When the face is completely ready, proceed to eye makeup. But for starters (even before the skin cleansing stage), practice the technique of applying shadows, pencil (eyeliner) and mascara. These are three basic subjects, without which in creating a beautiful eye makeup can not do.
How to color eyes with shadows
In order to beautifully color your eyes with shadows, you will need good applicators or brushes for eye makeup, preferably professional ones. Not only is it more convenient to work with them, but also touching the skin will be more pleasant. To begin, consider the classic version of eye makeup using eye shadow, which consists of the following steps:
Step 1. In the area under the eyebrow and on the inner corner of the upper eyelid, apply the lightest of the shades used.
Step 2. Next, apply shadows to the area of the moving eyelid, the color of which is one tone darker than the previous.
Step 3. The darkest of the available colors stands out the outer corner of the eye. Now use a brush or applicator to blend the borders. It is important to pay maximum attention to the places of transition of one color to another. The border should be smooth and not striking.
Step 4. You can also make up the lower eyelid. In this case, you should use a special small applicator or even resort to a cotton swab.
Step 5. Carefully shade the border of the shadows. The main rule when processing the lower eyelid – there should be few shadows.
When using shadows, you can experiment with both shades and methods of application. It is not necessary to limit the application of a dark shade to the outer corner of the eye. Looks very nice option when the shadows are applied along the entire contour of the eye. Or you can try to apply them from the middle of the moving eyelid to the outer edge.
If you plan to do evening makeup with the shadows, you can play with their intensity and brightness. To do this, apply the shadow with a damp brush. So you highlight the main shade that will be in perfect harmony with your outfit and eye color.
How to draw eyes with a pencil
If you are still not too sure of the firmness of your hand, makeup artists advise to put your eyes down with a pencil. When choosing it, the main parameter is important – rigidity.
There are three degrees of rigidity for eyeliner:
- Soft – easy to apply, bright enough. But there is a possibility that such a pencil will easily break and crumble. Plus, it may not be very persistent, makeup will constantly have to be corrected..
- Hard – more resistant. But with the help of a hard pencil it is much easier to bring your eyes correctly, to draw a clear and even line. When buying a hard pencil, always check it on your skin. It may turn out to be too stiff and damage the delicate skin of the eyes..
- Medium hardness – the “golden mean”. This type of pencil combines the advantages of the two previous types. Choose it.
Eyeliner pencil technique:
Step 1. When drawing the arrow with a pencil, it is important to try to draw one solid line. If you will constantly tear off your hand, then the arrow will come out uneven. Do not be afraid to go beyond the boundaries of the mobile century to the outer corner – this will give the makeup a little piquancy.
Step 2. Blend the line using a separate clean applicator (the line from the pencil, unlike the eyeliner, must be shaded).
Step 3. You can also draw a line of the lower eyelid. It can begin both from the very beginning of the inner eyelid and end at the outer corner of the eye, and only be drawn at the outer border.
Step 4. To give a deeper look, paint the bottom line of the inner eyelid with a pencil.
How to color your eyes with eyeliner
Correctly and beautifully applying eyeliner is much more difficult, but it has a number of indisputable advantages compared to using a pencil:
- arrow drawn with eyeliner, brighter, clearer. All makeup, in general, looks more intense;
- any eyeliner is more stable than a pencil, regardless of its degree of rigidity.
The main stages of applying eyeliner:
Step 1. Stand in the most comfortable position. The working hand should have a reliable support, for example, a table or a chest of drawers. Try to draw a line as close to the eyelash line as possible. This option is the most accurate and beautiful..
Step 2. In contrast to the technique of working with a pencil, when working with eyeliner, it is better not to draw a solid line immediately. Remember the drawing lessons at school. The easiest and most convenient way is to first put a few points, then connect them together, thereby you get a ready outline for the future arrow. And already along the contour you can easily draw an arrow with one movement of your hand.
Step 3. Determine the location of the arrow tip. To do this, attach a pencil to the line of the outer corner of the lower eyelid – the arrow should continue this line.
Step 4. Paint the tip of the arrow using eyeliner and smoothly connect it to the main line.
It is not necessary to dwell on the “classic” black eyeliner. They are represented by a whole tint palette. Below you will find out which colors are right for you..
How to paint eyes with mascara
It’s hard to imagine a beautiful finished eye makeup without using mascara. It would seem that any girl knows how to properly paint her eyes with mascara, but there are several points that makeup artists always take into account when applying it:
Step 1. Apply mascara initially from the line of eyelash growth to the tips. At the first stage, it is important not to overdo it; a few swings will be enough. To get rid of excess mascara, use a special comb for eyelashes or a washed brush from an old mascara.
Step 2. Different girls have different direction of eyelash growth. For some, they are more bent up, while for others they are lowered down. The use of curling irons will help to correct the position of the eyelashes and make the look more expressive. Use them before applying a second coat of mascara.
Step 3. After that, you need to tint the tips a little. Make-up artists advise you to do this as follows: put a brush with mascara under the eyelashes and blink slightly several times – so you will not apply excess mascara.
Step 4. But the eyelashes on the lower eyelid are better left unpainted and draw the lower eyelid with a pencil. If you are used to dyeing lower eyelashes, then apply mascara in one layer. And a couple of swings will be enough.
To achieve the volume that you would like to see on the upper eyelashes, you can use the phased application of several layers of mascara with simultaneous combing.
How to color your eyes according to their shape
It is impossible to give the correct advice on how to beautifully make-up your eyes without first considering what makeup is suitable for a girl with one or another eye shape. With the help of the correct make-up, you can completely transform the whole image of a girl, radically change facial features, including the cut of eyes.
You already know how to use makeup using eye shadow, pencil, eyeliner and mascara. It remains to understand how to correctly apply this technique, taking into account the shape of your eyes.
You can visually enlarge your eyes by choosing the lightest shade of shadows from a suitable tint palette. Apply it over the entire eyelid from the eyelash line to the very eyebrows. Underline the inner corner of the eye with white shadows, and the outer – dark. It is better to use a pencil instead of eyeliner to hold the arrow. The line should be thin and well shaded..
The main task in makeup with large eyes is to visually reduce them with the help of dark shadows and give a “wide open” look with the help of bright ones. To do this, we apply light shadows under the eyebrows, and dark ones from the beginning of the moving eyelid to the edges. Smoothly blend the border of the transition from dark to light shade. For dyeing eyelashes, it is better to limit yourself to several layers of mascara.
Round eyes need to be visually “extended” to bring them closer to the almond shape. To do this, take darker shades and carefully paint the border between the mobile and the rest of the eyelid. Shade the lighter eyelids with a shade of lighter shades. Apply eyeliner along the line of eyelash growth, starting from the inner corner and gradually expanding the contour to the outer corner. When applying mascara, pay special attention to the eyelashes at the outer corner of the eye, which will create the effect of “wide open eyes”.
Deep set eyes
For the makeup of deep-set eyes, use only shades of light shades: both matte and mother of pearl. Light colors increase the space between the upper eyelid and the eyebrow, and the look becomes more open. With deep-set eyes, it is better to forget about eyeliner and arrows, as well as applying mascara in several layers (no more than two), otherwise you will risk further aggravating the gravity of your gaze.
Eyes wide apart
At the inner corner of the eye on the movable eyelid from the beginning of eyelash growth to the eyebrow line, apply the most bright and saturated color, pay attention to careful shading. Apply the shadows of lighter shades to the rest of the century. Carefully dye your eyelashes in the middle of the eyelid.
Close set eyes
In makeup for closely spaced eyes, it is important to maintain the right gradient. Choose the most natural and light shade and apply it on the inside of the moving eyelid. Then move on the outside, gradually dimming the shade. The outer corner of the eye can be further emphasized with a pencil. When applying mascara, it is enough to walk along the eyelashes located at the outer corners of the eyes.
In this case, all actions are performed only on the upper eyelid. Draw a thin neat arrow and carefully color your eyelashes – this will be enough. You can use the shadows that are applied to the border between the mobile and the rest of the eyelid. Just choose opaque shadows of dark shades without gloss and carefully shade them.
The main purpose of overhanging makeup is to raise the corner of the eye, thus making the problem less noticeable. To do this, under the eyebrow, starting from its middle to the tip, you need to apply the shadow of the lightest shade. In this case, the eyebrows should be perfect: plucked and combed. Then you need to paint over the middle of the outer eyelid (that is, in the place of sagging) with matte shadows of a more saturated shade. The contour smoothly shades to the eyebrows. Mascara is applied only to the upper eyelid, paying special attention to eyelashes in the outer corners of the eyes.
Makeup with overhanging eyelids uses only matte shadows. Mother of pearl and shimmer further emphasize the problem.
How to choose eye shadow
In order to create beautiful makeup at the level of a professional makeup artist, it’s not enough to master the technique, you still need to be able to choose the right shades that will be in harmony with the color of your eyes and skin tone.
For brown eyes
Peach, pale pink, purple, purple, olive, black and all shades of brown will do. When choosing the color of the shadows, consider the shade of the skin. Pink and peach color is suitable only for swarthy girls. Choose “classic” black mascara and eyeliner.
For gray eyes
This eye color is considered universal, because it allows you to create beautiful makeup in almost any shade range. But most of all, gray eyes love gray and all its shades, including silver. At the same time, choose shades of shadows more intensively than eye color, for example, pearlescent or with a shimmer. Avoid all shades of matte. Black eyeliner and mascara will additionally emphasize the eyes.
For green eyes
This eye color requires special makeup. Colors from the palette of brown and green, including swamp green and olive shades with a copper or golden tint, are suitable for you. Also with green eyes, evening make-up in violet shades looks good: lilac, lilac, plum, lavender color. An ideal choice would be brown eyeliner and mascara in the same color.
For blue eyes
Makeup in pink, turquoise and blue colors is right for you. Also with blue eyes, shades in lilac, charcoal black, silver and gray are well combined. Choose an intense eyeliner, black or gray. Shadows do not always have to be bright and conspicuous. Natural shades can perfectly match your eye color..
Options for beautiful eye makeup
According to all the canons, daytime makeup should be more calm and restrained. But when doing evening makeup, you can not restrain and let go of the imagination. You can even use glitter and shimmer. The main thing is not to overdo it. Below are some popular makeup options..
The nude style was invented for virtually all women. Its main task is to mask imperfections, for example, circles under the eyes or an uneven complexion and give it a fresh, rested look. When choosing this technique there are no restrictions on the shape and color of the eyes. Nude style makeup can be chosen by a very young girl or an older woman.
Easy daytime makeup
Based on the name of the technique, we understand that such makeup should look as natural as possible precisely in daylight. Make it a rule to apply light daytime makeup with a natural light source, best by the window. In any case, artificial light is capable of distorting the picture as a whole. You can transfer everything you need to the windowsill or balcony and do makeup there.
When imagining a sophisticated evening make-up, you should give preference to saturated shades suitable to the color of your eyes. Coloring eyelashes, focus on their volume. If you have dark hair, choose eyeliner and a black pencil. For fair hair, give preference to brown and gray.
Makeup Smoky eyes
This makeup option is quite complicated in execution. Initially, you need to decide whether you will pick up a palette yourself, or buy a ready-made version. The basic idea behind smoky eyes makeup is the perfect transition from light to dark. It is believed that this option is suitable only “exit”, but it is not. There is a daily option, in more detail how to make Smokey Ice makeup, we described in this article.
Makeup Cat eyes
Modern makeup artists attribute this type of makeup to one of the most beautiful. Properly executed technique will give the eyes expressiveness, and their shape will take on a more oblong look. The cat eyes makeup technique is detailed here..
- When choosing a decoction of herbs for ice cubes, it is important to consider the type of skin. Dill will help owners of excessively oily skin. Chamomile is ideal for the normal type, and mint for the dry type. If you have combination skin, you can use cucumber and lemon.
- When choosing cosmetics, especially products for the eye area, always opt for natural ingredients. So you will avoid the appearance of redness and allergies.
- Based on the same considerations, always throw away spoiled cosmetics with an expired date of use. Even if it is very expensive and it seems to you that the funds are still quite suitable.
- When applying makeup, it is worth remembering about the age, and not just about the shape and color of the eyes. For older women, a more restrained make-up is suitable.
- In eye makeup, you should pay attention to eyebrows, give them the right shape. They are able to spoil the whole picture, and give additional grace. If you are the owner of thick dark eyebrows, then just comb them and secure with a special tool. But owners of light eyebrows should use a pencil a couple of shades darker to emphasize their line.
- To extend the life of makeup will help colorless powder. Applied over the shadows, it will give them extra durability.
- Do not forget that by focusing on the eyes, you should make your lips more relaxed..
- When applying cosmetics, remember skin color. Dark skin loves richer colors, while light skin likes calmer ones..
A lot has been said about eye makeup. After reading our material, you should learn how to choose the right shades suitable for the color of your eyes, as well as beautifully paint them without any help. Experiment, do not get hung up on strict frameworks and rules. In the end, the first results will be available only to you. I want to think that we were able to help you find your own personality..