Advertising of many products, cosmetics, medicines contains such a thing as antioxidants. Find out what these substances are, how antioxidants and radicals affect the human body. Are there any better antioxidants and which foods contain them? Do they really help keep the body youthful? Understand the differences, the dangers and benefits of antioxidants.
What are antioxidants??
In the human body, oxidative processes constantly occur in which cells are destroyed. Blame free radicals, weakening the immune system, accelerating the aging process of organs and tissues. To combat them, and need antioxidants. These substances:
- actively inhibit the oxidative process in the body;
- prevent cell membrane destruction.
With a lack of antioxidants, the body ceases to function normally: first, malaise appears, and then various diseases develop. Over time, the amount of these substances increases: the aging process accelerates, a person feels worse and worse. The negative effects of free radicals in the body are many.
Types of Antioxidants
Antioxidants are vital for people. The main source of their production are products of plant origin (natural antioxidants). Another type is artificial antioxidants. These include specially designed dietary supplements, drugs, nutritional supplements. If you take the best antioxidants, they will become a good help to the immune system, but they will not be able to completely replace natural products..
Contains antioxidants in foods:
- Among the berries, leaders in their content: cranberries, blackberries, blueberries.
- Other useful substances are in raspberries, apples, banana, strawberries, rose hips, cherries, cherries, garden currants.
- Red varieties of potatoes and tomatoes are rich in antioxidants. Valuable are garlic, artichoke, carrots, beans, broccoli, onions, garlic.
- Among the nuts, hazelnuts, walnuts, pecans, and pistachios are leading..
- In addition to these products, antioxidants contain ginger, cocoa, butter, milk, liver, heart, chocolate, eggs.
Important: drinks also contain antioxidants. They are found in all freshly squeezed fruit juices, especially in pomegranate, grape, orange, tangerine, apple. A powerful antioxidant that fights cancer cells in the body is apple juice. Many antioxidants contain:
- tea (green, freshly brewed black);
- Red wine;
- cognac, beer;
- coffee (ground has an antioxidant effect).
Even if you eat completely plant foods, drink only natural drinks, it is impossible to completely make up for the lack of antioxidants in the body. Multivitamins, dietary supplements, vitamins, and medicines sold in pharmacies will come to the rescue. The list of the most common anti-radical drugs includes Ginkgo biloba, Vitrum antioxidant, Lipin, Synergin, Selen-forte, Glutargin. Application Features:
- Acceptance of drugs is mandatory for those working with hazardous factors, living in places with an unfavorable environment, smokers and those over 40 years old.
- Dosage according to instructions. Many of the existing drugs are recommended to take one tablet. The course of admission is at least 1-2 months before or after a meal. Weight loss, rejuvenation, body cleansing are possible only if the dosage of the drug is observed.
- Contraindications: pregnancy, breast-feeding, individual intolerance to the components.
- When choosing a drug, you must consider the season. Indirect antioxidants are recommended in summer and autumn, direct effects in spring and winter.
- Even when taking the best antioxidant pills, side effects are possible: anxiety, excessive nervousness, sleep problems. Sometimes cause vomiting.
Antioxidants in medicine are sold in the form of drops, tablets, capsules. Before you buy anything at the pharmacy, you should study the composition in detail, read reviews. There are worthy companies on the Russian market that produce effective drugs to fight radicals in the body, so you can buy them. Let’s talk about pharmacy antioxidants on the example of Bifidum and Resveratrol:
- Bifidum with antibiotics is useful for the correction of intestinal microflora, the qualitative assimilation of nutrients in the body. It contains dihydroquercetin – a powerful antioxidant, thanks to which the metabolism is normalized at the cellular level, capillaries work, the body slows down, and oxidative processes are inhibited. The antioxidant activity of Bifidum is higher than, for example, in vitamin C.
- Resveratrol is a popular drug with lots of rave reviews. It was developed in 2003. A positive effect on the human body is achieved due to the content of three geroprotectors: resveratol, catechins and quartzetine. The drug is effective for the prevention, treatment of diabetes mellitus, cancer, nervous disorders, cardiovascular diseases. It fights free radicals in the body, improves the psycho-emotional state. It has a pronounced antioxidant activity..
Everyone knows the names of drugs with an antioxidant effect – Complivit Radiance, vitamins with beta-carotene Vitrum, Vitrum Antioxidant:
- Complivit is available in tablet form. It contains calcium, copper, manganese, lipoic acid and a host of other beneficial substances. The drug is recommended to stimulate the immune system, improve metabolism, brain functions, improve the functioning of the nervous, cardiovascular system. Helps remove toxins from the body. Thanks to the extract of green tea, it has a pronounced antioxidant effect.
- Vitrum Antioxidant – a complex of minerals, vitamins with powerful antioxidant activity. Indications for use: period after illness, hypovitaminosis, lack of minerals. The complex helps to stabilize metabolic processes, remove toxic substances, increase the body’s defenses. Strengthens hair and nails.
Antioxidants are widely used in Librederm products. For example, they contain a cream-antioxidant Libriderm for the face with vitamin E. Due to the content of lecithin and tocopherol, the product slows down the aging of the skin, perfectly moisturizes, protects against ultraviolet rays, normalizes lipid metabolism. A powerful antioxidant complex is found in creams, CORA gels. All products help prevent premature aging, wrinkles. When used, the skin becomes velvety, smooth.
If it is not possible to adhere to proper nutrition, there is no desire to drink overestimated pills, dietary supplements with a fatty acid content can be used:
- One of the best antioxidants (according to reviews) from this group is Mega Supplements. It contains omega-3 fatty acids necessary for the normal functioning of the whole body. Supplements normalize blood pressure, reduce the risk of strokes, and help prevent drying out. Improves skin condition, fights inflammatory processes in the human body.
- Another popular dietary supplement is Life formula. The drug compensates for the lack of minerals and vitamins in the body, provides immune protection. Supplements support the reproductive system of women and men, have a positive effect on the production of hormones, improve vision, give energy, and have a general tonic and antitumor effect. It is undesirable to give the drug to a child.
about the benefits and harms of antioxidants
Are antioxidants helpful? Yes, they are necessary for us, as they help to preserve youth. There are a huge number of these substances in food, medicines, but you always need to know the measure. Uncontrolled intake of antioxidants can result in significant health problems. Do not take large quantities of preparations with vitamin E, A or C.
The best antioxidants are natural foods. Include vegetables, berries, fruits of bright colors (green, orange, red, blue, black) in the diet. Most plants have a powerful antioxidant effect. These are: Chinese magnolia vine, hibiscus, rosemary. Find out in the video how, using 7 servings of plant foods of different colors daily, you can make up for the lack of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants in the body.
Due to smoking, stress, poor ecology, poor quality water, the use of preservatives in products, and a lack of vitamins in humans, the number of free radicals increases. They act and alter healthy cells. The damage done by free radicals to the body only accumulates with age.