- Symptoms of ringworm in humans
- Treatment of ringworm in humans
- How to treat ringworm in children
Pet lovers know the many diseases that pets are prone to. Not all diseases can be infected from cats and dogs, but there is one that can be transmitted to humans. It causes a lot of trouble, and getting rid of it is not an easy task. This is ringworm in humans. How is the disease transmitted? Through household contact with sick people or pets. What is dangerous ringworm for a person? It can easily lead to baldness, leave ugly scars on the skin and lead to death.
Symptoms of ringworm in humans
This fungal disease has two types – affecting the scalp and not affecting them. The incubation period of ringworm is 5-45 days. At the initial stage of ringworm, a red or pink spot appears on the skin, which begins to itch over time. Redness grows and grows around the edges with a roller of small bubbles. Itching intensifies, and new foci appear around the spot.
Symptoms in all people are the same. Ringworm in children, due to their greater tendency to allergies, often takes an erimatous-edematous form. She is of a character with strong inflammatory processes, foci peel off, spots are very itchy and itchy. The form is accompanied by an increase in lymph nodes, edema. Let’s see how lichen looks in a person in the photo.
On the head
On the scalp appears a single focus of ringworm. A round spot 1-10 cm in size is surrounded by rollers from vesicles with a yellow liquid and have an uneven shape. Inside, a second pale pink spot appears, which is covered with small scales. When the causative agent of ringworm penetrates into the deep layers of the epidermis, the structure of the hair follicle is destroyed, and the hair breaks or falls out. In place of the foci of lichen, “trimmed”, bald patches of skin appear.
On the body
On the skin, the favorite places of location of the foci of ringworm are the chest, shoulders, arms, legs, groin. The deep form is characterized by small subcutaneous nodules up to 3 cm in size. Strong edema, pus secretion are possible. The lichen on the palms and feet looks like corns. If the disease affects the nails, then this is expressed by the appearance of a dull spot along the edge, after the plate is destroyed.
On the face
Often, the disease takes on a papular-squamous variety. The boundaries of the foci are formed in strongly protruding hillocks. Lichen ringworm in an adult on the face is manifested by crimson spots, which are covered with scales of a whitish hue and itch severely. The foci can be single or cover up to 75% of the surface of the face. If you do not cure lichen on time, then the likelihood of acquiring a chronic form is high.
Treatment of ringworm in humans
We upset you, but you can’t cure ringworm quickly. Noticing the first lichen symptoms, immediately consult a doctor. Only a qualified dermatologist will answer you the question of how to treat the disease effectively. If the diagnosis is confirmed, be sure to isolate the patient and direct all efforts so that a single disease does not turn into an epidemic.
- Sulfur-salicylic. Effective and cheap remedy. Lichen stains are smeared twice a day for 2-3 weeks..
- Ringworm Ointment “Exoderil”. The daily norm is 1 time for 2–8 weeks. A sign that ringworm is passing is the reduction of spots in size and volume. The skin is covered with scales and begins to peel off. When, having passed a hand over a spot, you did not notice anything, then the lichen disappeared.
- Sulfur-tar, tar, sulfur ointment. The sequence is as follows: in the morning the foci should be treated with iodine, and in the evening with the drug. Therapy lasts 2-3 weeks. After about a month, the spots continue to be smeared with iodine..
- “Ketoconazole.” The daily norm for adults is 1-2 tablets. For children less than 30 kg, the drug is dosed in proportions of 4-8 mg / kg per day. Contraindicated in pregnant women, lactating women and children under 3 years of age.
- “Griseofulvin.” Ringworm in an adult is treated with this medicine 4 tablets per day. For children, 21–22 mg per kg of weight is prescribed. After the first negative analysis, the medicine is drunk with the same dosage for another 14 days every other day, and the next 2 weeks every 2 days.
- Orungal. Available in capsules. The drug is drunk in a weekly course of 1 tablet per day. The medicine with special care is prescribed to women in position and nursing mothers.
The ointment from freshly squeezed plantain juice (1 cup), birch bark ash (1 tbsp.) And medical alcohol (1 tsp) is brilliant. This mixture is lubricated foci of ringworm daily 4–5 times. A week later, the disease recedes. Well helps infusion of chamomile, which is rubbed into the affected surface in the morning, afternoon and evening for a week. Another effective folk remedy is propolis tincture, which is sold in any pharmacy. Within a week, the areas of ringworm are lubricated with a moistened swab 5 times daily.
How to treat ringworm in children
Algorithm of actions:
- Isolate the child from others.
- Visit a dermatologist for diagnosis.
- In accordance with the doctor’s recommendations, use local remedies for ringworm – ointments, creams, sprays. For example, Cyclopirox.
- If ringworm affects the head, then the dermatologist prescribes Griseofulvin: 0-3 years, 0.5 tablets three times a day, 4-7 years, one 2 times a day, 8-15 years, 1 3 times / day. Reception lasts 2-3 weeks, followed by analysis of the fungus. If it is negative, the course is continued for another 2 weeks daily and another 14 days with admission every other day.
- It is recommended in conjunction with antifungal therapy to carry out immunostimulating. Give your child Echinacea extract, Immunal, etc..
- It takes 1.5–2 months to be treated. Observe hygiene at this time. Wash infected clothes separately, disinfect household items.
Find out other remedies and methods for treating depriving a person at home.
The main cause of infection is contact with an infected object. Keep your child away from homeless animals. If you have a pet in your home, get him vaccinated against microsporia. Observe hygiene rules: when coming from the street, wash your hands, use only personal household items (towels, combs). After visiting the pool or bath, wash your swimsuit and all accessories with powder. After the session, be sure to take a hot shower with soap..