- The causes of the disease
- The main signs and symptoms
- Diagnostic Methods
- How and how to treat pityriasis versicolor in humans
- Disease prevention
- What does the pityriasis versicolor versicolor look like in people – photo
It is known that pityriasis versicolor is a lesion of the horny epidermis of a fungal nature. With this disease, the skin is covered with colored spots, scales. If you encounter it, then you must definitely figure out how to treat pityriasis versicolor at home. This disease affects mainly young people, but can occur in old people, even in a child. More often it is found in hot countries. Lichen is also called sunny, beach, color..
The causes of the disease
Pityriasis versicolor has an infectious origin. It appears due to oval, round or mycelial mushrooms in the form of pathogens. Infection is transmitted from one person to another through personal contact. One who has weakened immunity can become infected with pityriasis deprivation, there are chronic diseases. As a rule, the disease gradually spreads among all family members through hygiene items. It’s possible to catch an infection in a public place.
You are at risk of becoming infected with pityriasis if:
- Genetically predisposed.
- You have excessive sweating or oily skin.
- You have problems with the endocrine system, diabetes, obesity.
- Your immunity is reduced due to infectious lesions of the internal organs, tuberculosis.
- You have a vegetovascular dystonia.
- You suffer from diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, pancreas, respiratory system.
The main signs and symptoms
Pityriasis versicolor manifests itself in spots of different sizes. As a rule, they are located on the upper part of the torso. May appear on the head, neck, stomach, armpits, groin. The spots on the skin are scattered asymmetrically, they are round or irregular in shape. With progression, they merge into large foci. The color of the spots with pityriasis versicolor can be different: from tan to bright pink. The skin begins to peel, but it does not itch, it does not hurt. Areas that have or have been deprived will no longer sunbathe.
To make an accurate diagnosis, the following measures are taken:
- Wood lamp check. With it, pityriasis spots change color to green-golden or pink.
- Iodine solution 2%. If you grease them with spots that are poorly visible, they will turn dark brown.
- Laboratory analysis. Skin flakes are examined under a microscope. If a specialist there sees round or oblong disputes with a double contour, then the pityriasis versicolor will be confirmed.
- Cultural analysis. Olive oil is applied to Saburo’s medium. About a week later, yellow colonies with bypass cells should grow in it..
- Differential diagnosis. Check for concomitant skin diseases.
How and how to treat pityriasis versicolor in humans
If the diagnosis confirms that the person is infected, then appropriate measures must be taken. The optimal treatment regimen is selected individually by a specialist. In the fight against lichen, both taking various drugs and folk recipes are effective. When treating, it is imperative that you follow the rules of personal hygiene and diet, and change bed sheets daily. If a problem like pityriasis versicolor touches you, you should know how to deal with it..
It implies the use of local effects and antifungal medications. The first serve to exfoliate and soften the affected skin of the lichen. Such drugs include creams, lotions, ointments, shampoos, tinctures and solutions. And antifungal drugs are used to fight the infection from the inside. In mild forms of the disease, it is sometimes possible to do without them..
Try these methods to cure lichen:
- If the scalp is damaged, use special treatment shampoos. A good option is Nizoral.
- Lubricate the stains with 60% sodium thiosulfate first and then with a 6% hydrochloric acid solution once a day for a week.
- Apply a thin layer of skin with 10% sulfur-salicylic ointment. Do it twice a day.
- Apply a 2% alcohol solution of iodine to the stains. It is advisable to use at least once a day. The disadvantage of this method is that the drug will stain the skin. If lichen in prominent areas of the body, then it is impractical to apply.
- Rub a solution of 20% benzyl benzoate into damaged skin. Perform the procedure until the stains disappear..
- Use “Mycoseptin” – an ointment with zinc. It has a calming effect on the skin..
These drugs for local and internal use help get rid of the fungus that spreads lichen:
- Mycosoral. It can be used in the form of tablets, cream, ointments, suppositories, shampoo. Quickly removes pityriasis versicolor. Be sure to undergo a full course of therapy. “Mycozoral” cannot be used during pregnancy. Combine with other medicines carefully.
- “Clotrimazole.” There is an ointment, lotion, spray and solution on sale. Used twice a day. Ointment not only kills the fungus, but also fights against germs. It can not be used while breastfeeding..
- Fungoterbin. Ointment smeared with lichen. The course lasts two weeks, but the symptoms of the disease disappear earlier, according to reviews. Do not use for children under the age of two.
- “Rumikoz”. Effective pills for fungus. They need to drink two pieces once a day a week. The medicine is contraindicated in women during pregnancy and lactation..
- “Miconazole.” An ointment that kills fungal microorganisms.
- “Mifungar.” Antifungal cream, which is used once a day for sites affected by pityriasis versicolor.
Effective folk remedies
Try using these recipes for lichen at home:
- Take 1 tbsp. l fine dried fragrant rue and 5 tbsp. l fatty butter. Prepare the ointment and treat the affected skin until the lichen completely disappears..
- A tablespoon of dried hypericum pour a glass of boiling water. Insist in a dark place for five days, then strain. Rinse them with lichen twice a day.
- Pass the onion through the meat grinder. Apply the resulting puree to lichen for the night. If this is not possible, then wipe infected skin with onion juice several times a day..
- Make sorrel gruel with a blender. Apply it to the fabric and add a little sulfuric ointment. Make a compress for a few hours.
- Take 20 hop cones, 3 tbsp. l burdock root in crushed form and 15 calendula flowers. Pour 400 ml of water and cook over low heat for 25 minutes. Then strain, add 150 grams of Vaseline to the liquid. Use the ointment daily.
- Leaves of eucalyptus and a series of pour in a ratio of 1: 1 boiling water. Boil in a water bath for half an hour, strain. Wipe the pityriasis versicolor with the resulting liquid or make compresses. Keep the infusion in the dark.
- Crush the berries of cranberries or viburnum and smear the pulp on lichen. Such mashed potatoes can be used in combination with boric and salicylic acids. Of these components, you can make homemade ointment for pityriasis versicolor.
- Apply 3% vinegar diluted with water to infected skin. When it dries, treat the lichen with lemon oil.
In order to prevent recurrence or infection, the pityriasis versicolor, take such measures:
- Do not wear synthetics that are overly tight. Because of this, sweat accumulates on the skin, and in it bacteria multiply at a double speed.
- Take a shower more often.
- Do not use other people’s towels, washcloths, bedding, or other personal items..
- Wash your hair with ketoconazole shampoo.
- Temper. It helps boost immunity..
What does the pityriasis versicolor versicolor look like in people – photo
From the textual descriptions, it is difficult to determine how such a fungus externally differs from other skin diseases. Therefore, you better see a selection of photos. You will see examples of lesions stripping different parts of the body. See what spots can be in shape and color. After viewing the photographs, you will be able to understand whether the lichen has a pityriasis or other problem.
- Atopic dermatitis in children – treatment with folk remedies and medications. Causes and symptoms of atopic dermatitis in a child, video and photo
- Swollen lip – what to do at home. Causes of the appearance of the tumor and how to remove folk remedies
- How to treat eczema on the hands at home. Eczema on the hands – treatment at the initial stage