- Causes of the appearance of age spots on the face
- Effective cosmetic pigmentation removal treatments
- Pigmentation Prevention
Every woman wants her skin to be smooth, beautiful, and healthy. But this desired perfection is not easy for everyone, so it is important to figure out how to remove age spots on the face. After all, this cosmetic defect not only spoils the woman’s appearance, but also causes certain psychological complexes. If you decide to start treatment for such spots, first find out the reason for their appearance.
Causes of the appearance of age spots on the face
There are many factors contributing to the appearance of pigments on the face, but the main ones are:
- Pregnancy. Often spots appear during the bearing of a child, they have the wrong shape, can be of different sizes. Enhanced pigmentation may persist after pregnancy..
- Lack of folic acid in the body. Shortage of this substance causes serious problems in the human immune and circulatory system..
- The harmful effects of the sun. Ultraviolet sunlight is a common cause of increased pigmentation on the skin. The most dangerous sun – from mid-spring and summer.
- Perfumes, personal hygiene products and base cosmetics. With the composition of cheap low-quality cosmetic products, eau de toilette may include chemical elements that are harmful to the skin, which have a detrimental effect on the condition of the skin, provoke pigmentation.
- Hormones and antibiotics. These medications can cause disturbances in the functioning of the body and hormonal levels, causing the appearance of pigmentation on the face.
- Strong tan. After prolonged exposure to the sun, spots may appear on the face. Special anti-tanning creams in some cases will not help, but rather can cause pigmentation.
- Age spots. Elderly people (over the age of 40) often have “senile spots” (lentigo), which are formed on the places of freckles or areas exposed to intense sun exposure.
Effective cosmetic pigmentation removal treatments
Depending on the cause of the spots, different options for dealing with them are possible. If pigmentation is superficial, bleaching creams, scrubs, infusions, compresses give a positive effect. If the stain has appeared a long time ago, it is necessary to resort to radical measures – cosmetic procedures. Chemical peeling of the face also gives a good result, many people like folk remedies to combat pigmentation. Choose the best way for yourself.
A modern and effective method of combating pigmented formations is phototherapy. The result after the procedure is visible instantly and is long-term. The essence of the procedure is as follows: flashbulbs heat the coloring pigment melanin, as a result of which it is destroyed and exfoliated.
The benefits of phototherapy:
- Safety. During the procedure, skin tissues are not damaged, there is no risk of infection and scarring.
- Painlessness. During the session, only a slight tingling may occur..
- Fast recovery period.
- High efficiency. Using this procedure permanently eliminates stains..
Patients should refuse phototherapy:
- with increased photosensitivity;
- with herpes;
- having skin diseases;
- sick with diabetes;
- who have poor blood coagulability;
- with scars on the skin.
This method is widely used in cosmetology. Special chemicals are applied to the skin, which exfoliate a layer of dead cells. Chemical peeling is of three types:
- Superficial – the most gentle peeling method. The procedure is performed 4 to 10 times every 10 days.
- Median – a more effective type of peeling. The effect is noticeable after the first procedure. Can be done once a month.
- Deep – the most effective peeling, done 1 time for half a year.
Consequences and sensations after chemical peeling:
- Burning. The degree of burning depends on the type of peeling, the duration of sensations varies from 15 minutes to a day.
- Redness. This is a normal skin reaction. It lasts from 2 hours to a day. With more intense peeling, redness will completely disappear after 2 weeks.
- Individual characteristics. In women with hypersensitive skin, peeling sometimes causes blisters, scars.
The best and safest of modern techniques is laser stain removal. The laser acts only on the desired skin areas, choosing cells in which there is a large amount of melanin. At the same time, healthy areas of the skin are not damaged. After the procedure, the pigment spots on the treated area of the skin begin to exfoliate and disappear within two weeks. The advantages of laser removal over other methods:
- 1-2 procedures are enough.
Laser removal of age spots is better to postpone for pregnant, breastfeeding mothers, and if there is:
- fresh tan on the face;
- inflammation in the treated area of the skin;
- oncological disease.
To eliminate pigmentation, a huge number of cosmetic and pharmacological agents have been developed that successfully cope with the problem, these are peels, masks, creams, lotions. They are designed for different types of skin and have a whitening and exfoliating effect: The most common:
- Cream Achromin. It has good lightening characteristics. Protects from the negative effects of sunlight, preventing the appearance of age spots.
- Vichy Cream. An excellent remedy that copes with dark age spots, freckles, senile pigmentation.
- Clotrimazole. It contains a large number of active substances that solve complex skin problems, including pigmentation.
- Mask of cosmetic white clay. Sold in any pharmacy, when mixed with lemon juice it has an excellent effect on problem areas of the skin..
- Trampoline is the best way to eliminate age spots, the main element of which is silica. It is part of various gels, creams and acts as an exfoliating agent..
Removing age spots with folk remedies
Some people do not have the opportunity to apply cosmetic peeling procedures, so they use folk remedies. The effect of such recipes is individual for each individual case. The most common home remedies for removing age spots are:
- Lemon juice. Due to the content of vitamin C in this citrus, lemon juice can lighten dark spots on the face. To get rid of pigmentation, moisten a cotton pad in lemon juice, and carefully wipe the affected areas of the skin. When the juice stains dry out, rinse them with water. Perform the procedure for two weeks.
- Kefir. This dairy product has a brightening and anti-inflammatory agent. To make a compress, you need to mix 4 teaspoons of kefir with two teaspoons of tomato juice. Soak cotton swabs with a mixture, apply for 15 minutes to the affected areas.
- A solution of milk and honey. This mixture is good for pigmentation. Apply the solution for 10 minutes.
- Parsley. To brighten the skin, a tincture is prepared: a bunch of parsley is crushed and poured with a liter of boiling water, it is insisted for 3 hours. Wipe your face with the finished mixture in the morning and evening. The juice of fresh parsley or other herbs, mixed with sour cream, in a ratio of 1: 1, proved to be excellent.
- Potatoes. Thinly sliced potatoes help remove pigmentation. Apply to damaged areas for 3-4 minutes, after – wash with warm water.
To prevent the appearance of pigmentation, you must:
- Use products to protect from sunlight and ultraviolet radiation. Wear a hat and sunglasses in summer. Avoid intense tanning..
- Eat properly.
- Drink plenty of mineral-rich water.
Olga, 28 years old: During pregnancy, age spots began to appear. I even had to change the haircut so that they were not so noticeable. After the birth, the spots remained, I tried folk remedies, but there was especially no time to do the procedures every day. I agreed to laser peeling. Expensive, but the result was impressive. From spots and no trace left.
Anastasia, 25 years old: Every summer, freckles spread throughout my face. Stains smear with lemon juice, always helps. The main thing is it is inexpensive and effective. If you feel a strong pinching during the procedure, try to do as I do – dilute the lemon juice with water. The effect of this will not get worse, but you will get rid of sharp unpleasant sensations for sure.
Katerina, 30 years old: After a spring walk in the sun, I got some terrible brown spots on my face. The next morning they became even darker. I tried folk remedies, pigmentation became a little lighter, but did not completely disappear. I tried phototherapy. The result completely satisfied me. The whole procedure took about 10 minutes. After the event, I had to sit at the weekend, the spots darkened, and then they began to exfoliate and disappeared.