- The causes of the disease
- Scheme of treatment of facial demodicosis
- Effective folk remedies for home treatment
- Subcutaneous tick preventative measures
- Reviews on the results of treatment
Demodecosis or the so-called glandular acne is an infectious skin lesion that causes a microscopic mite Demodex. Outwardly, it manifests itself in the form of itching, acne, blackheads. Treatment of demodicosis on the face includes following a diet, certain rules of hygiene, the use of specific drugs, medical and cosmetic procedures and folk methods.
The causes of the disease
The facial tick is able to dwell for a long time in the skin in a passive form, without causing harm. However, when certain conditions appear, the parasite activates, begins to multiply and causes infectious lesions of the skin of the face or eyelids, which requires special complex treatment. The following factors are identified that provoke the development of demodicosis on the face:
- long-term treatment with hormonal drugs;
- endocrine disorders;
- increased activity of the sebaceous glands;
- decreased immunity;
- chronic diseases;
- depression, stress;
- solarium abuse;
- smoking, regular drinking.
An infectious disease is transmitted through direct contact with the carrier of the parasite, through hygiene items, bedding, towels. The treatment regimen for demodicosis depends on its form – it can be dermatological or ophthalmic. The first is manifested in the form of redness, vasodilation (rosacea), small rash, rosacea, pustular rashes. Demodecosis of the eyelids causes swelling and inflammation of the eyes, itching, loss of eyelashes and eyebrows.
Scheme of treatment of facial demodicosis
Treatment of a subcutaneous tick in humans is aimed at eliminating the infection, normalizing the functions of the protective barrier of the skin, and eliminating metabolic and hormonal disorders. It is impossible to recognize a parasitic microorganism by one of the external symptoms. Before prescribing a specific treatment for demodicosis, the doctor must carry out laboratory diagnostics by examining the scraping from the affected areas of the face.
Treatment of demodicosis on the face requires careful observance of certain hygiene standards. During the fight against the disease, hot baths, any warming procedures, a sauna, a solarium, a pool are prohibited. Bed linen and towels need to be changed more often, and ironed well before use, preferably with an iron with steam treatment function. It is recommended to wash pillows and bed linen with special antiparasitic additives (for example, with Allergoff and Akaril products). It is also very important to adhere to the following hygiene principles:
- Refuse scrubs, oily creams, decorative cosmetics.
- Use cleansers that do not irritate the skin when washing. They are recommended to be selected together with a dermatologist.
- Conduct thorough washing in the morning, evening and before each application of local remedies for the treatment of demodicosis.
- Wipe your face not with an ordinary towel, but with high-quality disposable napkins. Do not apply medication to wet skin.
- Before going out, use a good sunscreen.
When treating demodicosis on the face, it is important to adhere to a dietary nutritional system. It will reduce the load on the intestine, regulate its work, cleanse itself of toxins and toxic pollution of the body. During therapy, you should completely get rid of alcohol, packaged food with chemical components, dishes with a lot of salt, sugar and animal fats.
Demodecosis Prohibited Products
Recommended products for demodicosis
Harmful and heavy food:
- salty, fatty foods;
- fried food;
- smoked meats, marinades, canned goods;
- semi-finished products;
- fast food;
- products with preservatives or flavorings.
Foods high in fiber:
- buckwheat and oatmeal;
- Brown rice;
- grain bread;
Products with high allergic activity (completely eliminate or limit to a minimum):
- eggs, milk.
- fermented baked milk;
- natural yogurt;
- low-fat cottage cheese.
Hard cheese, rennet, fatty meat and fish.
Low-fat meats, poultry and fish in limited quantities.
Sweet carbonated drinks, coffee, packaged juices, compotes or fruit drinks.
Green tea, still water, fresh juices.
Baking, flour, sweets:
- White bread;
- bakery products;
- chocolate, cocoa;
- sugar, sugar products.
Nuts, dried fruits:
- dried apricots.
The subcutaneous tick on the face is treated using a number of effective cosmetic methods. They help to eliminate the manifestations of the disease, but at the same time they are considered only auxiliary methods of therapy, and they are always selected individually. Modern procedures prescribed for the treatment of facial demodicosis are presented in the following list:
- microdermabrasion – mechanical peeling;
- laser photocoagulation – treatment of areas affected by demodicosis with pulsed light, a laser is used;
- ozone therapy – treatment of demodicosis with oxygen-ozone mixtures;
- cryomassage – exposure to the skin with cold (liquid nitrogen).
The use of local drugs to destroy the demodex tick
For the treatment of demodicosis on the face or eyelids, ointments, eye drops and creams for local treatment are necessarily used.
- Ointment with benzyl benzoate. To get rid of demodicosis, rub three times throughout the day. You can increase the frequency of lubrication up to 5 times. Treatment of demodicosis with benzyl benzoate is contraindicated in pust infection.
- Permethrin ointment. Apply overnight. Duration of treatment – 14 days.
- Cream “Demazol”. Rub forever 2 times a day. The duration of treatment for demodicosis of the eyelids with this cream is 1.5 months.
- Gel “Baziron”. Lubricate the skin 1-2 times a day for 3 months.
- Erythromycin ointment. 1-2 times a day no more than 14 days.
- Eye drops “Tafazol.” Optimal weekly course, 1 drop 1-3 times a day.
In the treatment of facial demodicosis, several categories of systemic drugs are used.
Antibiotics and antiparasitic drugs:
- Tablets “Metronidazole”. 500 mg twice daily. The period of treatment for demodicosis with this potent drug is established by a specialist.
- Capsules “Doxycycline”. 200 mg 2 times a day for the period prescribed by the doctor.
- Tablets Tavegil. 1 mg 2 times a day until the signs of allergy are stopped.
Immunomodulating agents, sorbents:
- Immunomodulator “Detox”. 1 capsule 2 times a day. The optimal period of admission in the treatment of demodicosis is 3 months.
- Sorbent “Rekitsen”. 1 tablespoon 3 times a day, breeding in a glass of kefir. Treatment involves taking the powder for a month.
Effective folk remedies for home treatment
The complex treatment of demodicosis allows the use of alternative methods, but it is impossible to be limited only to them. It is impossible to defeat a parasite without specific drugs, so alternative recipes are allowed to be used only in combination with prescribed medications, but not instead of them. The three best anti-demodicosis drugs with proven effectiveness include:
- Birch tar. It must be mixed in half with sulfuric ointment and rubbed daily into areas of the face damaged by demodicosis. The duration of treatment is 2-4 weeks. If necessary, repeat the course.
- Tar soap. The product should wash your face thoroughly for a month after waking up and before bedtime, rubbing soap suds well into the skin.
- Tincture of calendula. After normal cleaning procedures, wipe the face with a ready-made pharmacy solution. Treatment with this agent should be continued for at least 40 days..
Subcutaneous tick preventative measures
To get rid of demodicosis and forget about it forever, patients who have achieved stable remission are advised to adhere to proper nutrition, monitor hygiene, and eliminate bad habits. In spring and autumn, you need to eat more plant foods, take multivitamin preparations, and undergo preventive laser treatment.
For any skin changes that resemble the beginning manifestations of demodicosis, you should immediately contact a specialist and take the appropriate tests. Symptoms can be long-term acne, acne, rash, redness, inflammation, “stars”. When re-infection is confirmed, the doctor will prescribe a sparing, simpler and shorter demodicosis therapy program than with advanced cases.
Reviews on the results of treatment
Maria, 29 years old: To cure demodicosis, I had to give up cosmetics for 2 months, but in general it took 4 months to treat. Boiled bed and towels, ironed with steam. She washed herself with tar soap, smeared her face with a talker: 100 g of Dimexidum, 10 tablets of Trichopolum and Chloramphenicol dissolved in a bottle of water (100 ml distilled from the pharmacy).
Laura, 34 years: I suffered from demodicosis for about 2 years, started treatment late. Assigned a course of antibiotic, ozone therapy. She herself wiped her face alternately with boron alcohol, a decoction of herbs. She took tincture of echinacea. After treatment, small scars and irregularities remained on the cheeks, and rosacea was found on the nose. On the recommendation of a beautician, I’m going to clean it all with a laser.
Anna, 24 years: The treatment of demodicosis took me six months. Smeared with “Rosamet”, inside took metronidazole. I did not use any makeup until my face began to look normal. After treatment, I don’t go to the sauna and public pools, manically I monitor the cleanliness. I process all sponges and brushes with boiling water, and I wipe myself with disposable towels.