- highlighter for face – what is it
- How to choose a highlighter for the face
- types of highlighter
- How to apply highlighter on the face correctly
- How to choose a brush for highlighter
- Rating of the best highlighter for face
- Highlighter recommendations and secrets from professionals
In this article we will discuss the technique, strobing and the means intended for this. To do this, we need to understand what a highlighter is, what types and shades are, and how to use it correctly..
The main goal in using highlighter is to give your face freshness, as if you had just returned from a vacation. To achieve this effect, try to figure out how to use highlighter for the face.
highlighter for face – what is it
The technology of face correction with highlighter is called strobe, it focuses all attention on your face, gives it a slight radiance and “sculpturality”. Most often, highlighter is a mineral product that contains ingredients such as:
- mineral mica – gives radiance and velvety skin;
- zinc oxide;
highlighter and concealer – what’s the difference
highlighter gives your skin a glow effect, concealer conceals skin imperfections, such as: rashes, dark circles under the eyes. The concealer is similar to a foundation, but this tool is much more effective, since it has a lot of pigment, is easily applied to the skin, evens out complexion.
What is highlighter in makeup for?
highlighter gives a natural glow to the skin, increases the volume of lips. When applied improperly, highlighter is able to emphasize wrinkles and skin defects..
How to choose a highlighter for the face
There are three main parameters that you need to pay special attention to when choosing a highlighter for your face:
- the brand.
types of highlighter
- liquid – involves spot application for a denser coating, most often used to highlight the lip line and shape of the eyebrows. A very convenient format, which most often comes with a brush;
- cream – also involves spotting. Suitable for dry skin..
- loose and compact powders are a mineral-based highlighter. It is this texture that is the easiest to apply, is used in creating natural makeup.
How to choose highlighter color
neutral – the most unobtrusive, has a delicate pearl shine that can be used for daytime makeup;
peach – looks best on the skin, making it more youthful and fresh;
golden and bronze – blends perfectly with dark skin. When applying such a highlighter, the skin takes on a fresher look;
pink and lilac colors – suitable for creating a glamorous look for girls with reddish skin. This highlighter color visually reduces redness and gives the face freshness.
How to choose a highlighter – better trust your favorite manufacturer. Professional makeup artists are advised to pay attention to such brands as: MAC, Bobbi Brown, L’oreal, Maybelline, BECCA, Benefit and Catrice. later in the article we will discuss their advantages and disadvantages.
How to apply highlighter on the face correctly
- In the center of the forehead – corrects the shape of the face;
- Under and above the eyebrows – emphasizes the shape of the eyebrows;
- To the inner corners of the eyes – hides dark circles, makes the look more fresh and open;
- The highest points of the cheekbones – will make the contours of the face more expressive;
- On the back of the nose – makes it more neat and miniature;
- In the center above the upper lip – gives volume;
- In the center of the chin – visually lengthens the shape of the face.
Step-by-step instructions on how to use highlighter for face
Step 1. We cleanse the face with a tonic or lotion. Moisturize the face with cream.
Step 2. Apply foundation.
Step 3. Hide the imperfections (redness, circles under the eyes, etc.) – concealer.
Step 4. Make perfect – apply highlighter.
Highlighter application for face shape correction
The round shape of the face can be easily adjusted, for this you need to pay special attention to the cheekbones and the area under the eyes, highlighting them in the shape of a triangle. Highlighter must be centered on the forehead..
The square shape of the face: when contouring the square type of the face, you must avoid horizontal lines and strive to ensure that they acquire a vertical direction.
Close set eyes. To do this, apply highlighter on the inner corners of the eyes.
Wide-set eyes can also be adjusted. To do this, apply highlighter on the nose bridge.
A small nose can be visually lengthened by applying a highlighter to the sides of the nose.
A long and wide nose can be reduced by lightening the area between the nose bridge and the tip of the nose..
How to choose a brush for highlighter
There are three types of brushes – duofiber, kabuki and fan brush
Use a fan brush and duofiber for a powdery highlighter, for a liquid, a kabuki brush is ideal.
Rating of the best highlighter for face
Now consider the benefits of branded strobing products. We ranked the most popular and best highlighters.
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact – shimmer in the form of a compact powder, which includes five shades.
Catrice High Glow Mineral – a baked highlighter with small reflective particles, created on a mineral basis. Despite the fact that the product belongs to the mass market, it has worked well. highlighter comes in one shade
The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer – 3 in 1 – eye shadow, shimmer and highlighter. It has a soft velvety texture. Presented in a universal radiant shade of champagne, which is suitable even for very light skin color.
BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector – liquid highlighter with a large selection of shades.
Benefit High Beam – liquid highlighter, visually has a pink tint, when applied it acquires a silver tint, with small particles of sparkles. It is recommended to apply it with a brush or fingers..
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish – Baked Powder- highlighter.
L’oreal Alliance Perfect is a fairly fluid consistency. Easily merges with skin color, highlighting the necessary zones. It is recommended to apply with a sponge.
Maybelline Master Strobing Stick – made in two shades: for light and dark skin. Shimmer does not crumble, has good durability, convenient to use, made in the form of a pencil.
Highlighter recommendations and secrets from professionals
If you learn to keep proportions, then highlighter will become an indispensable assistant in creating a fashionable and natural look..
- Only liquid highlighter is applied to the liquid foundation. .
- When sculpting a face, pay special attention to the areas of the face to which you need to add volume.
- highlighter can emphasize deep wrinkles and skin imperfections such as redness, inflammation, acne marks.
- to refresh the tone of the face, apply the foundation and highlighter in the proportion of 70% to 30%.
Shine bright like a diamond! Good luck!