- What is scabies
- How does scabies manifest
- How to identify scabies of various types
- How does scabies manifest under a microscope
- Photo: scabies mite in humans
When itching and rash occur on the body, many people begin to assume that they have started scabies. Such a disease can infect any person, regardless of gender or age. The main thing, when a similar ailment appears, notice the first signs in time and start treatment.
What is scabies
Today, scabies is a common infectious skin disease. This disease is manifested by a lesion of human skin with an itchy itch or a tick, which, when examined closely, looks like a small white or yellow dot. The latent period is approximately 2 weeks. The spread of the disease occurs within 15 minutes, the tick during this time is able to penetrate the epidermis.
How does scabies manifest
Many people are often interested in the question, what does scabies look like? The manifestation of an infectious disease does not have clear time periods. It all depends on the age characteristics of individuals and the stage of infection. If an adult parasite has penetrated the skin, then a rash may occur after a few hours. In other cases, latent infection is possible, then the manifestation of the first signs may occur in a week.
The first signs of scabies
How does scabies begin? The very first symptom of a disease that should alert a person is considered itching, which can intensify at night. You can still find subtle strokes of ticks that look like thin strips protruding above the skin; they can go straight or zigzag. Symptoms of the disease are:
- polymorphism (the appearance of papules, vesicles, erosion);
- the presence of red spots;
- rash in the abdomen, interdigital folds, buttocks, genitals in men, mammary glands in women.
Signs of scabies in adults
In an adult, an infectious disease affects the entire body except the face and hair. The disease spreads rapidly, the patient becomes the reason for it, combing the affected areas, moves ticks over the body. Repeatedly worn clothing is a further source of the spread of the disease. The main symptoms of scabies in adults:
- Itchy skin. This is the reaction of the human body to the appearance of parasites.
- The formation of scabies. In appearance, they look like swollen thin strips.
- Dry cracks, crusts, itchy vesicles.
Scabies in a child
Symptoms of an infectious disease in children are similar to those in adults. A childhood illness is often complicated by the addition of another infection. So in a baby, along with scabies, paronychia often occurs, a vesiculo-urticarial rash is found that looks like urticaria, psoriasis or eczema. The main signs of scabies in children:
- the presence of small bubbles;
- impetigo pyoderma;
- poor sleep of the child due to intense itching;
- allergic dermatitis;
- lymphangitis, leukocytosis may appear.
How to identify scabies of various types
A parasitic disease caused by scabies mite is widespread throughout the world. In this practice, doctors of all specialties meet with this disease. The external manifestations of a parasitic ailment may differ slightly, therefore there is a special classification of the types of disease that helps to adequately analyze the disease and prescribe the right treatment. Here is what scabies of different types looks like:
- Nodular. Itchy reddish nodules appear on the skin. The disease is detected after relapse in long-ill patients.
- Typical. The most common form, it is characterized by the presence of scabies, itching and red rash. Localized between the toes.
- Incognito (neat disease). Looks like a typical shape. It develops in people who wash a lot. Small blisters appear on the skin.
- No moves. Appears as a result of the penetration of tick larvae. There are no visible scabies on the skin, although there are bubbles.
- Pseudo-scab. It is noted in patients infected from animals. Manifested by severe itching.
- Norwegian It occurs in people with weakened immunity (drug addicts, patients with tuberculosis or Down syndrome, etc.). Scabies, massive crusts, polymorphic rashes form on the skin. This type is the hardest.
- Scabies with pyoderma. A complicated form of the disease that occurs if a typical species has not been identified in time. Infected areas look like red spots, become painful and moist, an unpleasant odor appears.
How does scabies manifest under a microscope
An itch mite can be found at home by simply carefully examining the affected area. But in order to make an accurate diagnosis of what type of disease is present on the body, it is necessary to use laboratory tests, this is especially important with a poorly visible clinical picture. The following diagnostic methods are distinguished under a microscope, which determine how scabies can look:
- Microscopy of thin sections obtained from epidermis in the area of infected passages. This type of research helps detect itching..
- Analysis of the gradual scraping of the epidermis. It is carried out before the occurrence of blood.
- The preparation of the skin. This analysis is carried out using an alkaline solution. Helps identify the pathogen in the initial stage.
Photo: scabies mite in humans
An infectious disease like scabies can infect anyone, regardless of social status. We offer you to view detailed photos of this unpleasant parasitic disease in order to know exactly what the stages of scabies look like, as well as what symptoms remain on the skin for different types of diseases, and even differences in the forms of the disease.