- Why does the fungus develop between the toes
- What does the fungus between the toes look like?
- How to treat fungus between the toes
- How to prevent interdigital fungus on the legs
The fungus that affects the toes and foot is considered one of the most common types of skin diseases. The disease is infectious and develops in violation of personal hygiene rules, a sharp decline in immunity and the influence of other related factors. If treatment is started immediately, there is a chance to completely get rid of the problem..
Why does the fungus develop between the toes
Flexible between the toes can develop when favorable conditions are created for this, under which the multiplication of the infection begins rapidly:
- increased moisture;
- lack of personal hygiene;
- tight and uncomfortable shoes are worn;
- long-term use of antibiotics;
- contact with the carrier of infection.
When the fungus begins to develop between the toes, the first signs of the disease may be subtle, but they cannot be ignored. In the absence of timely treatment, the disease progresses rapidly, and the infection spreads to the nails, feet, and other parts of the body. As a result, getting rid of the problem will be much more difficult, long-term therapy will be required..
What does the fungus between the toes look like?
The fungal appearance of the disease manifests itself with the following symptoms:
- the skin begins to peel slightly, over time it will literally peel off;
- worried about severe itching, soreness, burning;
- the skin begins to crack and itch, redness, irritation, peeling, unpleasant odor appear;
- sweating increases several times;
- the skin of the feet becomes dense, firm;
- a painful bubble forms between the toes, which will soon burst;
- the epidermis between the toes begins to literally rush.
How to treat fungus between the toes
When the first signs of this type of disease appeared, a sick person must disinfect not only things on his own: every item that has been contacted is still being processed. Thanks to this, the infection will not spread further. This treatment is recommended to be performed at least once a week: this is the main condition in order to remove the fungus between the toes.
To quickly restore the body, the doctor prescribes the regular use of special therapeutic ointments, which should contain miconazole, tolnaftate. Therapy with these agents lasts several weeks, taking into account which stage of the disease has been determined. This is an important rule so that the body does not have time to adapt to one drug.
Strict adherence to all doctor’s recommendations will help prevent infection of healthy skin areas. Prescribed drugs are applied to infected areas until completely cured, then over the next few weeks, the drug is used as a prophylaxis. With the exception of ointment, special pills that kill the infection from the inside can be prescribed. Correctly choose a remedy for bending between the toes can only be a specialist after examination.
Systemic treatment of interdigital fungus on the legs
If a fungal infection occurs, the use of medications gives a chance to solve the main problem – to completely destroy the causative agent of the disease. The doctor prescribes the use of antifungal agents. How to treat a fungus on the legs between the fingers:
- Lamisil. This is an antifungal drug that has a wide spectrum of action. Designed for the treatment of various types of infectious lesions of the skin, as well as nails, hair, mucous membranes. Helps quickly relieve itching and inflammation..
- Exoderyl. An antifungal agent, the main active ingredient of which is naphthyne, which belongs to the group of allylamines. It is used to treat dermatological diseases. In the case of its regular application, the problem areas cease to itch and crack, the itch is removed.
- Nizoral. This antifungal agent has a wide spectrum of action. The drug is effective in treating skin lesions with a fungus. In case of its regular use, the skin ceases to peel, crack, scratch, healing is accelerated and diaper rash is eliminated, the infection is completely destroyed.
Local remedy for toe fungus between toes
During treatment, a variety of ointments, creams, solutions and sprays are used. If the infection spread and not only the foot, but also the nail was affected, there is a need for additional drugs. A specialist should prescribe all the remedies, but only after determining the stage of the disease. Solutions are no less effective than ointments, because they are able to get into the deep layers of the epidermis.
Fungal ointment between the toes
If the skin begins to peel off, this is the main sign of a fungal infection, the manifestations of which can be seen in the photo in specialized magazines and websites. To treat the disease, specialists often prescribe a drug such as Mikospor, which is available in the form of a cream and ointment. The product is designed for external application and its main active ingredient is bifonazole. A small amount of ointment is applied directly to the affected area..
Cream of fungus between the toes
Clotrimazole will help cure a fungal infection quickly. The antifungal synthetic drug is widely used during the treatment of dermatological diseases. If the initial stage of the development of the disease was determined in time, the drug helps to quickly get rid of the infection. The product is available in several forms, including in the form of 1% cream for external use.
Another remedy for fungus
When diagnosing a fungal infection, the drug Kanizon is prescribed for treatment. This is a synthetic antifungal agent belonging to the group of imidazole derivatives. It has a pronounced bactericidal, desensitizing and fungicidal action. The solution is applied in a thin layer directly to the affected area several times a day..
Treatment of foot fungus with folk remedies
A decoction of wormwood will help to quickly get rid of the fungus. To prepare the product, wormwood grass (500 g) is taken and boiled for 15 minutes in clean water (3 l). Then the composition is left for half an hour, so that it is well infused, filtered and poured into a basin. Then a warm bath is taken. This procedure should be performed before bedtime, after washing with soap and foot.
How to prevent interdigital fungus on the legs
To prevent infection with a fungus in the future, it is necessary to carry out procedures aimed at strengthening the immune system, take immunostimulants and vitamin complexes. It is important to carefully and regularly care for the skin of the legs, always use soap while washing, thoroughly wipe the feet. It is worth refusing to wear tight shoes made of substandard materials.
- Atopic dermatitis in children – treatment with folk remedies and medications. Causes and symptoms of atopic dermatitis in a child, video and photo
- Pityriasis versicolor – in humans, causes of occurrence, photo. Treatment of pityriasis versicolor at home with drugs and folk remedies
- Fungus on the fingers