- Causes of papillomas
- Symptoms of papillomas in intimate places
- Modern treatments
- How to get rid of papillomas folk remedies
- Prevention of papillomatous masses on the genitals
A kind of benign tumor, papilloma, is called a “wart” in everyday life. It protrudes above the surface of the skin, it is easy to hook it with nails or clothing elements, damage and cause inflammation. Papilloma in an intimate place requires a special attitude, launching a situation is fraught with serious consequences, up to oncology. Papillomatosis has a viral nature, occurs in men and women. From what papillomas appear on the body, read on.
Causes of papillomas
Genital warts appear due to infection with the human papillomavirus, often called HPV. The disease has a long incubation period, papillomas develop in intimate places when the carrier’s immunity drops sharply. Treatment of papillomatosis is combined with increased immunity. Risk factors for the appearance of papillomas in the intimate area are:
- genital infections such as herpes, chlamydia, gonorrhea;
- promiscuous sexual intercourse;
- violation of the microflora of the vagina;
One sexual contact with an infected partner with HPV in 60% of cases causes the disease, if the connection is constant – the risk is one hundred percent. The virus enters the body, enters the skin cells of the intimate zone, causing them to quickly divide and grow. A subtle outgrowth appears, gradually increasing in size. The virus remains in wet underwear for a long time, and you cannot use the same towel with the patient.
Symptoms of papillomas in intimate places
Papilloma also has other medical names: filiform wart, acrochord. The development of papillomas in the intimate area begins with a small nodule, gradually it grows, a thin leg becomes visible. Often, the neoplasm is extended, made oval, in rare cases it remains round, located on a thin leg. By these signs, the papilloma is easy to identify. There are several types of HPV, the course of the disease in men and women varies.
HPV infection sometimes occurs in men without symptoms, but if manifested, then by numerous warts on the head of the penis, its trunk, mucous membrane of the foreskin, scrotum, perineum or around the anus. These formations are called genital warts. They look like flesh-colored tubercles. Some types of the virus cause Bowen’s disease in men; a red velvety plaque appears on the penis. Another disease caused by HPV is a bowenoid papulosis. Yellow, pink or white plaques cover the head of the penis.
Papillomas and condylomas of the intimate zone sometimes give men unpleasant sensations:
- itching, soreness, burning;
- if the focus of infection is inside the urethra, urination is impaired (spattering, interruption of the urinary stream).
The danger of papillomatosis for women lies in the fact that it is often possible to detect a disease only by examining a gynecologist. Papillomas in the vagina can not be detected in another way. Indirect symptoms are excessive discharge, minor bleeding after sex, burning. Other places of localization of papillomas:
- labia minora.
Papillomavirus causes condylomas in women; they spread on the labia minora, in the vagina, in the cervical canal, around the anus. Genital warts can be seen immediately, and endophytic condylomas grow inward, into the depths of the skin, when examined, they are invisible. If genital warts are seen on the cervix or canal of the uterus, the prognosis is poor, the risk of developing oncology is high.
If papillomas or their signs are detected, you can not use methods such as bandaging the legs, removing the wart. Do not start treatment until the doctor confirms the diagnosis. There are about 40 types of HPV that affects the genitals, and at home it is not possible to determine what type of infection has appeared. One part of the viruses has low carcinogenicity, the other is highly likely to lead to cancer. How to treat papillomas on the body, a specialist will say.
Removal of papillomas in intimate places
Most genital papillomas are removable. Modern medicine has various options for this procedure. These include:
- Laser removal of warts from the intimate area. It is carried out in the acute stage. The wart is exposed to a laser, it removes the formation, regardless of the depth of the location. This method leaves no scars..
- Cryotherapy. The growths are frozen with liquid nitrogen and removed. This method acts on visible areas of the skin, in the vagina and cervix, its use is excluded.
- Radio wave removal. The device is used “Surgitron”, generating waves. They affect only intimate warts, without affecting healthy tissue..
- Electrocoagulation method, it is also electrodestruction. During it, the tissue of the papilloma is excised with an electric knife, with the simultaneous coagulation of the vessels (their union, gluing). The wound heals quickly without leaving rough scars.
- Surgical excision. A simple and reliable method is performed under local anesthesia. Warts in the intimate area are cut with a scalpel.
- Electrotherapy. Papillomas burn out by electric current.
Choosing how to treat papillomas in intimate places, one must take into account that there is no single approach to this issue in modern medicine, the doctor individually selects a method for the patient. If there are a lot of warts on the genitals and intimate areas, immunostimulants, antiviral drugs, cytostatics (anti-tumor agents that suppress wart cell division) are prescribed.
For immunity, they prescribe:
Cauterization of papillomas in intimate places is carried out by special medicinal formulations:
- “Superchistotel” – a mixture of alkalis, burning the wart tissue. The skin next to it is treated with a baby cream; 5 days later, a drop of medicine is applied to the formation. Gradually the wart will disappear.
- Solcoderm – acts like Superchistotel, contains an acid concentrate. There is a danger of burns, scar formation. For the cervix and vagina, Solkovagin is available.
- “Ferezol” is an oily liquid with the smell of phenol. This agent continuously lubricates the formation, for 10-45 minutes, depending on the size of the wart. If she has a thin leg, the drug is applied only to its surface. The procedure is safe to do up to 5 times, no more than once a week.
- “Condilinus.” Before its use, the skin around the papillomas is treated with petroleum jelly or zinc ointment, the product is applied twice a day, with an applicator. Apply 2 days, take a break 4 days. The course is repeated as needed..
It is important to remember that all of the above funds for cauterizing warts in the intimate area are used with great care only if the papillomas are localized on the skin, next to the genitals. Cauterizing compounds should not enter the mucous membrane. For more tender places, ointment from papillomas in intimate places is more suitable. In pharmacies are implemented:
- Oxolinic ointment. Antiviral drug with antiherpetic effect, used in the complex treatment of warts in the intimate area. Treat growths up to 3 times a day, from 2 weeks to 2 months.
- “San fen zhong.” A Chinese remedy that kills microbes, burns out the papilloma, apply gently to the affected skin, wash off after 3 minutes. Enough 5 treatments.
- “Stefalin” – an ointment on plant material, applied to the papilloma of the intimate area.
How to get rid of papillomas folk remedies
At home, papillomatosis is treated with folk remedies:
- Lubrication of the affected area with celandine. Course: twice a day for two weeks or longer, until the warts disappear. The tool helps against filamentous papillomas.
- Potato juice. Red potato is more effective against warts. Grate the tuber, squeeze it with gauze, drink the juice half an hour before meals, half a glass, two months. External use is allowed – process fresh juice of potatoes of the papilloma of the intimate area every day for a month.
- Garlic cream. Pass a few cloves through a garlic squeezer to make a teaspoon of gruel. Mix with two spoons of any cream, put on a bandage, for five hours fix on a papilloma with a band-aid, then rinse.
Prevention of papillomatous masses on the genitals
HPV refers to sexually transmitted infections, the main means of prevention for this disease is contraception. To reduce the risk of contracting papillomatosis, doctors advise:
- do not use other people’s washcloths and towels;
- observe intimate hygiene;
- if you suspect genital papillomas, immediately contact the clinic;
- boost immunity.