- How to treat osteochondrosis
- How to treat osteochondrosis
- Exercises for cervical osteochondrosis at home
- Treatment of osteochondrosis with medicines
- Massage for cervical osteochondrosis at home
- Manual therapy for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
- Blockade treatment of osteochondrosis
- Belt from osteochondrosis of the lumbar
- Treatment of osteochondrosis folk remedies
- The cost of treating osteochondrosis
This common disease affects the vertebral ligamentous apparatus. There are various reasons for the development of pathology, but all of them ultimately entail a violation of metabolic processes in the intervertebral discs. Any treatment for osteochondrosis is complex and should be prescribed by a qualified doctor.
How to treat osteochondrosis
An effective treatment for osteochondrosis will be, if agreed upon with a specialist, since self-selected therapy at home is often not so much useless as dangerous to health, as it causes an exacerbation of the disease. Conservative therapy of pathology includes the following components:
- drug treatment;
In addition to these methods, the patient is advised to observe bed rest during periods of exacerbation. If this is unattainable, doctors advise at least to reduce motor activity to a minimum and change the mattress to hard. To relieve pain and alleviate the condition of the patient, specialists can prescribe other procedures:
- methods of manual therapy;
- application of ozokerite;
- laser mls.
Treatment of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
The complication of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, which developed due to the lack of treatment, leads to a violation of blood circulation, as a result of which the brain experiences oxygen starvation. As a result of pathology, a person has migraines, blood pressure rises, vegetovascular dystonia develops, the heart and respiratory system suffer. With advanced cases of the disease, the spinal cord is compressed, resulting in death.
Treatment of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine involves the use of anti-inflammatory drugs that reduce the pain that occurs with radicular syndrome (pinched nerve). In addition, the doctor prescribes the patient to take B vitamins, drugs that stimulate blood flow, muscle relaxants and chondroprotectors. The latter contribute to the restoration of cartilage in the area of damaged vertebrae.
Treatment of the spine, in addition, includes physiotherapeutic methods. These include:
- electrophoresis (when exposed to electric current, the active substances of the drug are delivered to the right place);
- ultrasound (has analgesic, anti-inflammatory effect);
- laser therapy (using a special device improves blood flow, eliminates inflammation);
- magnetotherapy (effectively relieves swelling).
Treatment of osteochondrosis of the lumbosacral spine
A key symptom of a lower back lesion is pain, aggravated after sports or other physical exertion. They treat osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine using various techniques – physiotherapy, massages, exercise therapy, and the use of drugs. Doctors often advise supplementing therapy with traditional medicine. Surgical intervention for lumbar or sacral localization is used in only 10% of cases. With conscientious treatment of the disease, patients manage to relieve pain, avoid the appearance of hernias, and restore lumbar tissue.
Treatment of osteochondrosis of the thoracic spine
This kind of disease is not common. Osteochondrosis of the cervicothoracic region has similar symptoms with other pathologies, so the doctor conducts a detailed diagnosis before prescribing the appropriate treatment. Since there are a huge number of nerve endings in the sternum region responsible for the functioning of internal organs, thoracic osteochondrosis often entails a malfunction of the heart, respiratory system, and stomach.
If the patient does not have neuralgic symptoms, complex therapy is carried out anyway. Modern medicine has effective methods of treating the disease, helping to practically stop or significantly reduce the rate of destruction of bone tissues and joints. In order for the therapy to be as useful as possible, all the doctor’s prescriptions must be observed. This is also important, since the endocrine glands are located in the thoracic region, which ensure the normal functioning of human immunity.
When the doctor confirms the diagnosis, he draws up a treatment program. Complex therapy allows you to achieve a quick, effective recovery and includes the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory and other drugs, the method of blockade, the use of ointments and other local drugs, the implementation of therapeutic exercises, physiotherapy. Treatment for osteochondrosis may contain the following methods:
- vacuum therapy;
- laser therapy;
- dry stretch.
How to treat osteochondrosis
Treatment of the spine is aimed at relieving pain in the acute period of the disease, improving blood circulation, restoring or stopping bone destruction. If the patient has undergone a course of drug therapy prescribed by a doctor, the pain syndrome stops for a long time. Otherwise, ignoring the problem, relapse is inevitable. In addition, the likelihood of progression of pathology is high..
Exercises for cervical osteochondrosis at home
In addition to taking medications, physical education plays an important role in the treatment of the disease, which, when systematically performed, shows excellent results. Exercises for cervical osteochondrosis at home strengthen the muscles of the back, which reduces the load on the spine. In addition, exercise therapy stimulates blood circulation in the arteries and improves the flexibility of ligaments and muscles. In specialized institutions, the Bubnovsky apparatus is used for this purpose, but you can do without it. What exercises can be performed at home:
- Place your fingertips on your forehead opposite each other. Lightly press them on the head for 30 seconds. In doing so, try to resist backward movement by straining your neck.
- Sit on a flat surface, straighten your back, slowly tilt your head back, supporting the back of the head and chin with your hands. Lightly press on the chin, turning the head left, right, down, up. Repeat the described steps for no longer than a minute.
- The shoulders should be raised, trying to reach them to the earlobes. After slowly lower them to the usual place. Repeat the exercise for 15 seconds, after palms rub your neck.
Treatment of osteochondrosis with medicines
After the diagnosis, therapy follows, which can be either operative or conservative, depending on the severity of the disease, individual contraindications and other factors. Drug treatment of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine in most cases is more acceptable than surgery. Additional elements of therapy that accelerate the healing process are physiotherapy, manual techniques, and diet. Nevertheless, if treatment can be carried out without the latter, then therapy is impossible without medication..
Tablets for cervical osteochondrosis
As a rule, doctors advise drinking drugs during exacerbations of the disease. Tablets for osteochondrosis help get rid of the pain syndrome that develops as a result of compression of the spinal nerves and vertebral arteries. How to cure osteochondrosis with pills? The doctor, on the basis of the diagnostic results, prescribes a complex of drugs, each of which has a specific effect:
- Against inflammation. With the help of non-steroidal drugs, which are able to quickly anesthetize, the inflammatory process is suppressed, swelling is relieved. Pills for osteochondrosis of this group include Ibuprofen, Diclofenac, Nimisil, Ketanov. They should be treated 4 times a day with a large volume of water.
- Sedatives. Necessary to prevent neurotization, which can develop as a result of severe pain. For the treatment of osteochondrosis, herbal preparations are prescribed such as phyto-teas, motherwort tinctures, etc..
- Muscle relaxants. Used with diuretics. With their help, muscle hypertonicity and swelling are reduced. Representatives of this group of drugs are Midokalm, Furosemide, Tizalud, etc..
- Vitamins B. Required in the treatment of osteochondrosis of any localization. They help repair damaged nerve tissue. It is recommended to take multivitamin complexes daily for 3 weeks.
- Chondroprotectors. Means to help restore cartilage. Representatives of the group – Structuvit, Teraflex, Artra, etc..
- Medicines that improve the rheological properties of blood. Trental and Eufillin stimulate the nutrition of pinched nerve roots and improve blood supply to the brain, so dizziness and headaches cease with cervical osteochondrosis.
Ointment for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
An important component of the full treatment of cervical osteochondrosis is the use of local drugs. They are rubbed daily in the area of damage to the spine (where pain is felt). The most effective ointments for cervical osteochondrosis:
- Anti-inflammatory. The main component of such funds is non-steroidal substances, for example, diclofenac or ibuprofen. Ointment is applied several times a day until the pain syndrome completely disappears.
- Warming means. Contain bioactive constituents that have an irritating effect. Such ointments can be made on the basis of bee or snake venom, menthol. The consequence of their treatment of osteochondrosis will be an improvement in blood circulation, a decrease in swelling.
- Preparations with a conductive effect. Drugs like Dimexide help deliver other drugs deep into the tissue, so doctors prescribe their use in the form of dry dressings or applications.
Painkillers for osteochondrosis
The disease can manifest itself in different ways: weakness, drowsiness, blurred vision, impaired coordination. However, the main symptom of osteochondrosis is pain in the area of pathology localization. The doctor who confirms the diagnosis prescribes pain medication for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine or other areas of the spine. How is the drug selected:
- when soreness occurs less than 10 days ago, the doctor prescribes non-steroidal drugs such as Indomethacin or Diclofenac (they help relieve pain and suppress recent inflammation);
- treatment of pain that began 2 weeks ago requires the addition of non-steroid tablets with analgesics or painkillers such as Pentalgin or Tramadol;
- if the patient’s pain began more than 3 months ago, the doctor prescribes a complex of drugs – analgesics, NSAIDs, antidepressants (the latter are needed to restore the normal mental state of a person who has been suffering pain for a long time).
Massage for cervical osteochondrosis at home
Therapeutic procedures used in osteochondrosis include therapeutic massage. This method has a lot of useful properties, including toning the muscle corset, activating blood flow, strengthening intervertebral discs, etc. Massage from osteochondrosis at home can be prescribed for:
- disease prevention;
- for relieving pain during exacerbation.
Before starting the procedure, the specialist prepares the patient by lightly stroking the back (first in the area of the shoulder blades, then closer to the shoulders and neck). This movement is replaced by shaking, which lasts a couple of minutes, after which the massage procedure begins. With osteochondrosis, this method of treatment can cause severe pain, however, if the back was previously well prepared and relaxed, this can be avoided. The patient during the session lies on a flat surface. If the massage is carried out exclusively in the neck, the patient should sit.
Manual therapy for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
An effective method of treating the disease is manual therapy. It, in addition, should be used to prevent the development of complications of osteochondrosis. The technique is similar to massage, but it has significant differences: by means of the latter, muscle tissue is toned, and manual therapy has an effect not only on the muscles, but also on the vertebrae.
Manual therapy for cervical osteochondrosis involves the direct impact of a doctor on the affected vertebrae. Since the disease leads to impaired mobility and flexibility of the spine, as a result of which patients experience severe pain, this treatment method is indispensable (it helps to eliminate the negative consequences of the disease). After several sessions of manual therapy, vascular patency improves, inflammatory processes, cramps, swelling disappear.
Blockade treatment of osteochondrosis
To quickly alleviate the condition of a patient with osteochondrosis, painkillers are used. With their help, the drug is instantly delivered to the right place, due to which the pain syndrome is stopped in the shortest possible time. Blockade in osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, in contrast to drug treatment of symptoms, provides an operational effect. Active substances enter the bloodstream and are quickly delivered to damaged nerve endings..
With severe pain, the best solution to eliminate it is to administer the drug intravenously through a dropper. For the treatment of osteochondrosis, regardless of where the disease is localized, solutions of the following groups are used:
Belt from osteochondrosis of the lumbar
One of the most effective methods of treating the disease is wearing a special corset / belt. The effect of the use of such a tool is not manifested quickly, but has a strong severity. The belt from osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine distributes the load on the spine evenly, due to which the pain syndrome decreases, swelling passes. Products with a warming effect of dog hair are recognized as the most effective. You can buy such belts in a pharmacy, but first you should consult a doctor.
Treatment of osteochondrosis folk remedies
Unconventional methods of treating the disease can be used in addition to the main ones. As a rule, osteochondrosis – the treatment of which takes a long time – is carried out using local and internal agents. These include lotions, compresses, decoctions of herbs, etc. The most effective folk remedies for osteochondrosis:
- Ointment with honey. Need to mix 200 ml of bee product with? Art. vodka and 300 ml of radish juice. After thoroughly mixing the components, rub the mixture into the affected areas of the spine twice a day.
- Grinding with egg and vinegar. Connect 1 tbsp. l rye flour with a raw egg, 100 g butter and 1 tbsp. l vinegar, after rubbing this product into the back, where pain is felt as much as possible. Repeat the procedure 2 times every day until the symptoms disappear.
- Compress from a decoction of lilac for the treatment of osteochondrosis at home. Pour half a liter of vodka 1 tbsp. lilac flowers, infuse the liquid for 10 days, then strain and apply a handkerchief soaked in infusion to the affected area of the spine.
The cost of treating osteochondrosis
An important step in getting rid of osteochondrosis and subsequent recovery is spa treatment. In specialized institutions, a complex of measures is used to combat diseases of the spine, and similar therapy is prescribed after pathogenetic and etiotropic treatment (when the doctor determines the cause and symptoms of the pathology). The purpose of resort and sanatorium recreation is to consolidate the result and conduct rehabilitation after surgery or to eliminate exacerbation of osteochondrosis. Approximate prices for the treatment of osteochondrosis in the sanatoriums of Russia:
- “Spring”, Anapa – 1850 p./day;
- “Saki”, Saki – 2552 p. / Day;
- “Mountain air”, Sochi – 1550 rubles per day;
- “DILUCH”, Anapa – 2200 p./day;
- “Sanatorium them. Lermontov “, Pyatigorsk – 1730 p. / Day;
- “Assy”, Inzer – from 2100 rubles per day.
- Spinal hernia – causes and symptoms. Treatment, exercises, surgery to remove a herniated disc
- Atopic dermatitis in children – treatment with folk remedies and medications. Causes and symptoms of atopic dermatitis in a child, video and photo
- Fungus between the toes – photo. Effective treatment of foot fungus with ointments and folk remedies