- The causes of the disease
- The main signs and symptoms
- How and how to treat psoriasis in the initial stage
- Effective folk remedies for home treatment
- Features of treatment in children
- What does the initial stage of psoriasis look like – photo
A complex systemic disease that is accompanied by skin lesions is psoriasis. In a healthy body, cells live 30-40 days, then they are updated. With the development of psoriasis, the life of skin cells is 4-5 days. When they die, peeling, plaque, dryness, etc. The treatment of initial psoriasis is always easier, so it’s important not to start the disease. Therapies for the progressive phase are significantly different. About the treatment of only the initial stage of psoriasis, you will read in the article.
The causes of the disease
With psoriasis, the work of several systems is disrupted at once: endocrine, immune, nervous. Until the end, doctors did not find out the causes of this disease, nor did they invent a cure for psoriasis. Experts put forward such hypotheses for the development of the disease:
- Viral The causative agent of psoriasis can be retroviruses, which are inherited. In many patients, changes in peripheral lymph nodes were detected, which may indicate the viral nature of the disease.
- Immune With weakened immunity and violation of protective mechanisms at the cellular level, favorable conditions for the progression of psoriasis are formed. Among the causes of the disease, autoimmune aggression is also a process in which lymphocytes begin to attack their own healthy cells in the body..
- Infectious. Many researchers have been looking for causative agents of psoriasis. Epidermophytones, spirochetes, streptococci were suspected, but all assumptions remained incorrect. However, scientists have found that infectious diseases: SARS, influenza, tonsillitis are a push mechanism in the development of psoriasis. In 90% of cases, tonsillitis is associated with this disease..
- Genetic. Psoriasis is transmitted to the child from the parents. 60% of patients have relatives suffering from this skin disease. If mom or dad is diagnosed with psoriasis, then the risk of such a disease in a child increases by 25%, if both parents get sick – by 60%.
- Metabolic. Metabolic disorders (lipids, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals) can cause psoriasis. Patients often have disorders in the thyroid gland and other glands of the endocrine system.
The main signs and symptoms
This local disease is not contagious. Damaged skin, nails and hair. Small rashes appear on the epidermis, on which papules form over time – areas of red or bright pink that protrude above the skin. On top they are covered with silver scales (plaques). Papules may itch a little or not bother at all, peeling is imperceptible. First, the size of the affected areas of the skin is 1-2 mm, over time, their size is estimated at 10 cm or more.
Psoriasis is the initial stage: what parts of the body can the disease affect? The main symptoms of the disease of different localization:
- On the head. Red flaky spots with a lot of scales resembling dandruff cover the scalp. Hair is not involved in the pathological process. Patients have an itch. Skin lesions can spread to the neck and ears..
- On the face. At the initial stage, psoriatic plaques form on the skin around the eyes, on the eyelids, in the area of nasolabial folds and eyebrows. Psoriasis rarely affects the mucous membranes of the mouth, cheeks, lips, tongue, a little more often the contour of the lips.
- On hands. Single palms of red color appear on the palms and between the fingers. The back of the hand is affected much less frequently. If spots form at your fingertips, their sensitivity is lost over time. Psoriasis can go to the nails.
- On the elbows. At the initial stage, single elements of psoriasis appear, covered with silvery scales. Then they grow into a continuous affected area of the skin, from which the scales and thin film are easily removed. After this action, the affected area takes on a pink-red color, drops of blood appear on it.
- On foot. The skin of the foot and the back of the foot suffer. Symptoms are similar to those that occur with psoriasis of the elbows: at the initial stage there are small lesions that grow in large areas, there is a symptom of blood dew.
How and how to treat psoriasis in the initial stage
Cure Psoriasis Forever – How Real Is It? Unfortunately, while the answer is disappointing – this autoimmune disease can be corrected, but it is impossible to completely get rid of it. The treatment of psoriasis at the initial stage gives excellent results and allows you to get rid of visible manifestations of pathology. Traditional medicine uses ointments, creams, solutions, therapeutic ultraviolet radiation, systemic treatment with drugs. There are grandmother’s funds, but they do not give a stable result..
Patients with different types of psoriasis need to learn the basics of an alkaline diet. Patients should eat foods that alkalize the internal environment. Their share should be 65-75%, part of acidic food – 25-35%. General recommendations:
- A third of the diet is unprocessed vegetables and fruits. Include beets, cabbage, carrots, greens, cucumbers, onions, garlic, celery.
- Another third of the daily menu for psoriasis is complex carbohydrates and natural sweets in limited quantities. Eat cereal (barley, buckwheat), dried fruits (raisins, dried apricots, dates).
- The last part of the diet is animal and vegetable proteins. Eat lean meat, fish, peas, beans, seeds, eggs, nuts. Polyunsaturated fatty acids should also be on the menu..
- Drink at least 7-10 glasses of pure water per day. Prohibition of alcohol.
- For effective treatment, give up citrus fruits, fatty dairy products and meat, chocolate, red products. Use honey to a minimum..
- Sweets, spicy, smoked and sour foods are important to exclude from the diet, as they badly affect the skin. Salt should be reduced to a minimum..
The treatment of psoriasis in the initial stage is successful with the prescription of drugs. There are several groups of them:
Topical preparations: creams and ointments. Medicines are made up of water, an emulsifier and oil. They are enough to treat the initial stage of psoriasis. Effective creams with vitamin D:
- Akriderm, Betaderm. The skin should be treated twice a day, in mild forms, once every 24 hours. The duration of treatment with drugs is 2-4 weeks.
- Mesoderm. The frequency of skin treatment 1-2 times a day, the duration of treatment is 1-2 weeks, but not more than 3 weeks.
Ointments are hormonal and non-hormonal. The second group is safer, but not so effective. Specialists often prescribe such psoriasis drugs:
- Treatment with triamcinolone acetonide (Triacort, Kenalog, Fluorocord). Hormonal drugs are rubbed into the skin 1-3 times in 24 hours 5-10 days, a maximum of 25.
- Treatment with flumetazone, flucortonol, fluocinonide acetonide (Lokacorten, Flucinar, Flucort). Apply to the skin surface 1-3 times in 24 hours 1-2 weeks.
- Treatment for psoriasis with non-hormonal ointments: salicylic, Akrustal, Kartalik, Dayvobet. For each drug, a separate dosage and duration of use.
Tablets. Medication for psoriasis is often used to combat the progressive stage. Popular pills:
- Psorilom. They are the answer to the question “how to treat psoriasis on the head?”. However, the product is effective if skin lesions are not more than 20%. The course is 2-3 months, then a break for 30 days. Drinking tablets is recommended 30 minutes before eating or 60 minutes after, three times a day. The daily number of tablets is 8 pieces..
- Neotigazone. Used to treat advanced forms of psoriasis. The dosage for adults is 25-30 mg per day for 2-4 weeks, then increase the dose to 25-50 mg, drink for 6-8 weeks. The drug should be taken only as directed by a doctor.!
Systemic therapy. Its nature (dosage, duration of therapy) is determined only by the doctor for the treatment of advanced forms of pathology. One of the effective drugs for chronic psoriasis is Methotrexate:
- It accelerates cell division.
- Assigned intravenously.
Other powerful medications for treating psoriasis are drugs:
The complex uses:
- fatty acid;
- antiallergenic drugs;
- intestinal toxins.
What is psoriasis and how to treat it? The complexity of therapy is important. At the initial stage of psoriasis, this is proper nutrition, the use of local drugs and treatment with physiotherapeutic procedures. The latter are aimed at:
- decreased central nervous system excitability;
- normalization of the psychological state of the patient;
- decreased itching;
- acceleration of resorption of psoriatic papules.
- Great soothing treatment.
- Thanks to the full recovery of the body, papules are reduced in size, and the disease goes into remission.
- A psoriasis patient needs to undergo 8-10 procedures lasting 20-60 minutes.
- In the first sessions, patients are immersed in a superficial sleep, and then go into a deep.
- The affected areas of the skin are treated with x-rays, which accelerate the process of resorption of plaque psoriasis.
- The treatment method involves the use of soft x-rays.
- One session is carried out every 4-7 days, the total dose is safe (3.5-4 Gy).
- The skin is treated with ultrasound with a frequency of 800-3000 kHz.
- The procedure eliminates inflammation, itching and pain, reduces sensitivity to allergens and kills bacteria.
- The cycle of procedures covers 8-14 sessions, each of which lasts a quarter of an hour.
Among other physiological methods effective against psoriasis, it is worth noting cryotherapy, immersion in a magnetic field, treatment with current, and a laser. Treatment of psoriasis at home can be accompanied by baths with sea salt (5 g of salt per 1 liter of water, temperature – 37-38 ° С, duration 15 minutes, 15-20 daily sessions). With the onset of the disease, it is important to travel to sanatoriums and participate in wellness programs..
Psoriasis is effectively treated by treating the affected areas of the skin with ultraviolet light. The wavelength should be 311-313 nm, but a specialist can recommend a different radiation spectrum. The patient is immersed in a special chamber equipped with ultraviolet lamps. Before that, he takes photosensitizing drugs that increase the effectiveness of treatment. An effective method of UV therapy is PUVA therapy. The wavelength is 320-400 nm. To achieve a good treatment result, the patient undergoes 25 exposures, due to which 80% of the affected areas disappear.
Effective folk remedies for home treatment
At the initial stage of psoriasis, you can use folk recipes:
- Oil treatment of chicken eggs. To get half a glass of funds, you will need 20 eggs. Cook the product 15 minutes after boiling. You will need yolks. Mash them into gruel and fry in a frying pan without oil over low heat for 45 minutes. Transfer the prepared mass to cheesecloth and squeeze. Oil the affected areas 1-2 times a day until the symptoms of psoriasis are completely eliminated.
- Treatment of the initial stage with a complex ointment for psoriasis. Ingredients: 50 g of tar of birch, 20 g of solidol or petroleum jelly, 10 g of boric acid, 30 g of honey, 1 protein of chicken egg, 10 g of fish oil. Store the product in a dark corner. Lubricate papules 1-2 times a day.
- Celandine juice treatment. With fresh juice from the roots, treat areas of the skin affected by the disease. Do this at the initial stage every day for the whole summer for three consecutive seasons..
Features of treatment in children
Do not use folk remedies for a growing organism. They are not always effective, and delay in this case is completely unacceptable. When the initial stage of psoriasis occurs, parents should show the child to a dermatologist who will prescribe a comprehensive examination and treatment. If the disease has not spread much, children are prescribed ointments and topical skin creams: keratolytics and anti-inflammatory drugs.
Using tar-sulfuric or salicylic ointment, the upper layer of plaque of psoriasis is removed. To do this, make a bandage on the skin, impregnated with an active agent, which is removed after 3-5 hours. Then the child should take a bath with a succession – it will help to remove the crusts painlessly. The last stage of treatment – glucocorticoid preparations are applied to the skin in a dosage prescribed by a doctor. Children are prescribed antihistamines and vitamin complexes.
What does the initial stage of psoriasis look like – photo
The first stage of psoriasis is accompanied by damage to certain areas of the skin of the body. If you notice rashes in your body as in the photo, hurry to the dermatologist. No need to hope that the problem itself will be solved. This skin disease is complex, requires a quick and comprehensive treatment. The sooner a person comes to a specialist, the more favorable the outcome. Successful therapy leads to fast remission and restoration of quality of life..