- How to cure astigmatism in children and adults at home
- Features of the treatment of astigmatism
- How to check eyesight at home on a computer
Astigmatism disease is a violation of visual acuity due to deformation of the shape of the cornea, lens. This is due to a violation of the refraction of the rays that fall on the retina, and this leads to a fuzzy outline of objects. In the early stages, astigmatism can be treated at home. This is the best solution for people who want to perform vision restoration without surgery, but at later stages without surgery, the disease can not be cured. In international medicine, the disease is labeled MKB-10-H52.2.
How to cure astigmatism in children and adults at home
It is easiest to correct vision at an early stage of the disease, so it is important to diagnose it as soon as possible. A feature of the disease is its manifestation in children up to a year. It is difficult to notice that babies become an astigmatic, a high risk of skipping the development of the disease. Infantile astigmatism, usually congenital, is inherited. If one of the parents suffers from myopia (myopia) or farsightedness, you should regularly check the child for vision problems.
The disease is usually divided into three degrees. Astigmatism up to 3 D is considered weak, medium is in the range of 3-6 D, high is from 6 D. Regular checkups with an optometrist will allow you to correct your vision without using laser surgery. Treatment depends on the type of astigmatism, which is divided into corneal and lens. The second option is a less severe form, so many healed without surgery. In this case, glasses with astigmatism, lenses and drops will help in the restoration of the lens.
With astigmatic lenses
Vision correction can be performed using toric contact lenses. For the manufacture of take the same material as for conventional lenses. A special spherical cylindrical shape helps restore the lens. Lenses have two optical powers, one of which is aimed at correcting astigmatism along the meridian, and the second is at improving vision. You can purchase disposable or reusable contact lenses. The advantages of this method include:
- the ability to create better conditions for binocular vision (with both eyes);
- minimal manifestations of image distortion and prismatic effect;
- minimal image changes on the retina and fields of view.
The disadvantages of this method to improve vision, too. Regular wearing of lenses can provoke an inflammatory process, discomfort. In rare cases, the disease is further exacerbated, astigmatism progresses. This effect disappears after stopping wearing lenses. There are cases when prolonged use led to metabolic-dystrophic changes in the cornea.
Drops to improve vision
To strengthen vision with astigmatism, you can use drops for the eyes, including vitamin ones. The main purpose is to increase metabolism, blood circulation in the lens and cornea of the eye. The tool does not improve vision, but helps stop the progression of astigmatism. It is noted that drops are especially useful for myopic and far-sighted people. Among the popular medicines you can find such names:
Using exercises for the eyes
How to improve eyesight? In the early stages of the disease for the treatment of astigmatism at home, doctors recommend starting with charging for the eyes. This is the easiest way to return to normal vision without additional funds, which should also be used in the form of prevention of the development of the disease. You need to do at least 2 times a day regularly, repeat each exercise at least 6 times. Gymnastics for the eyes:
- Close your eyes, move them vertically, then horizontally.
- Without opening the eyes, rotate them in a circle, then open and repeat the movement. The first 6 times – clockwise, the second – against.
- Blink frequently for a minute.
- Bring your finger to the bridge of your nose, concentrate on it for 30 seconds.
- Choose two items. One should be close and the other far. Look at them in turn. It will make the muscle fibers of the eye work..
According to the Bates method
You can use the Beist method to get rid of astigmatism. Another version of gymnastics for the eyes, which was developed by an American ophthalmologist. According to the doctor’s theory, the problem of the disease lies in the uneven tension of the muscles of the eye. He explained this by the presence of myopia or farsightedness in all people with this problem. In the selection of exercises, Bates took as a basis the ancient Eastern systems of healing, which claim that the strength of the eyes is associated with the general condition of the body. Bates gymnastics:
- 100 big head turns.
- During turns, move your gaze across the page in small print between the lines, on each of which gently blink. Combine page glance with head turns.
- Blink gently and often for a minute.
- Do specialized exercises for shortsighted or farsighted people.
Folk remedies for the eyes
- “Water splashing” is a simple method for treating astigmatism at home. It is necessary to splash eyes with cold water 30-50 times. It will improve blood circulation, metabolism.
- Infusion on blueberry leaves. Stir 2-3 teaspoons of blueberry leaves in 1 liter of boiled water. Leave for 5-6 minutes, strain through cheesecloth. Use the infusion before meals throughout the day in equal portions.
- Infusion of eyebright. To treat astigmatism and improve vision, brew about 50 g of eyebright in 1 liter of boiling water. Let it brew for 2-3 hours and strain through cheesecloth. Drink 100 g 3 times a day strictly before meals.
Features of the treatment of astigmatism
Experts say that few people treat the initial stage of astigmatism (up to 0.5 D), it is present in almost all people, but it does not affect vision. As a rule, begin correction with the use of glasses, lenses or gymnastics for the eyes. Everyone who suffers from this disease is not allowed to read while lying down or in poor lighting. In addition to working on the eyes, you should strengthen your entire body: sports, proper nutrition (enough vitamins). Based on the type of astigmatism, a different treatment is prescribed.
With this type of astigmatism, a person does not have vision clarity either far or close. This is the most difficult pathology option for treatment. It is necessary to reduce the optical power under one meridian and increase in another, perpendicular to the first. Glasses are used for treatment in children; lenses are used in adolescence. Prescribed for permanent wear.
For mature patients, glasses with a combination of spherical, cylindrical glasses are selected. This allows you to adjust the optical power of the main meridians of the eye. The option with toric lenses is possible. The most effective treatment that will improve vision will be laser vision correction, but without disease prevention, relapse is possible.
Visual impairment, in which myopia is diagnosed, can trigger myopic astigmatism. It is important to detect the disease in the early stages so that the treatment is effective. To do this, you should regularly visit an optometrist. Parents should be especially attentive to their children. If you notice that the child is squinting, or looking at something, tilting his head, complaining of eye fatigue – take to the doctor.
In the first stage, for the treatment of astigmatism use exercises for the eyes, wearing lenses or glasses. As a rule, an operation to correct vision is carried out at high stages of the disease, because prolonged use of glasses, lenses can provoke headaches, dizziness. However, at the request of the patient, surgery can be performed in the first stage.
Unlike the previous, myopathic species, hyperopic is a far-sighted astigmatism. There is no exact data on the causes of its manifestation, but it is believed that the disease is transmitted by inheritance. This is one of the important reasons for parents with this disease to carefully monitor the health status of the eyes of their children. There are two types of this ailment:
- Simple hyperopic astigmatism. With one eye, a person sees well, and in the other, farsightedness is observed..
- Complex hyperopic astigmatism. With him, hyperopia develops in both eyes..
To correct vision, adults are prescribed to wear lenses or glasses while doing a certain job. Children need to wear them constantly to avoid the occurrence of asthenopia, strabismus or amblyopia. These methods do not cure the disease, they only improve vision while you wear lenses or glasses. Correcting astigmatism is possible only through surgery using the “alignment” of the cornea.
How to check eyesight at home on a computer
Each person can independently pass an astigmatism test if they are suspected of having this disease. This can be done right at home, sitting in front of the computer. This is not a 100% accurate method, but you should go through it to calm the soul. Before you will be a photo of a snowflake with rays of the same thickness. A person with healthy eyesight will see all the lines of a snowflake equally clearly, in detail. In the presence of astigmatism, one part of the image will be less clear than the other.