- First signs of appendicitis
- Symptoms of acute appendicitis
- Signs of chronic appendicitis
- Symptoms of appendicitis in pregnant women
The physiological structure of the female body is such that acute pain in the abdominal cavity can be a manifestation of a number of diseases. Symptoms of appendicitis in women can easily be confused with diseases of the reproductive system. Inflammation of the appendix (appendix) is a disease that requires immediate surgical intervention. In women, this pathology occurs almost twice as often as in men. If the abdomen begins to hurt, pay attention to the nature of the symptoms and localization. General well-being will help determine the cause of the disease.
First signs of appendicitis
In the early stages of inflammation, symptoms such as fatigue, loss of appetite, and poor health often appear. Few associate such sensations with an impending ailment, but they can help to quickly make a diagnosis and avoid complications. Have breathing pains? This may be the first sign of appendicitis. Unpleasant sensations in the pelvic area should alert. Several of the above symptoms immediately suggest the presence of appendicitis.
Symptoms of acute appendicitis
As a rule, they appear after 12 hours after the onset of inflammation and last up to two days. In the absence of surgical intervention, peritonitis begins to develop in the future. Separately, symptoms can be confused with food poisoning or an infectious disease. In women, diseases associated with genital inflammation are manifested. In order not to miss the alarming “bells”, it is important to be able to recognize the symptoms of acute appendicitis yourself.
An attack of pain with appendicitis is the first thing you should pay attention to. First, it is localized in the solar plexus or above the navel. It is dull, non-intense. Two hours later, it moves to the right side. It becomes stitching and burning. The location of the appendix in the cecum is different. Pain can be felt in the groin, lower back, and even in the hypochondrium. Accepted painkillers can block sensations and interfere with diagnosis..
Symptoms with appendicitis are the same as with an upset stomach. Nausea is a reaction to pain. Vomiting is single and does not bring relief. Possible intestinal upset. It manifests itself in different ways. Probably as frequent bowel movements, with the addition of liquid feces, and constipation. All of these symptoms may resemble stomach ulcers. However, if there were no problems before, you should consult a doctor as soon as possible.
In the appendix, the process of inflammation begins. Almost always, this is accompanied by a rise in temperature to 37-38 degrees. Sweating intensifies, chills begin. In this condition, you can not apply a heating pad to the stomach. Excessive heat will accelerate the inflammatory process. Do not take antipyretics before your doctor arrives. This will smear the overall picture of the disease..
Occurs in the case of a severe course of the disease or untimely appeal to the hospital. Peritonitis is a dangerous complication. The patient has involuntary muscle tension in the anterior abdominal wall. A white coating forms on the tongue, and the temperature rises above 38 degrees. The pain is noticeably dull due to necrosis of the nerve endings in the area of inflammation. There is a false feeling of improvement.
Medical diagnostic techniques
There are a number of symptoms characteristic of an acute abdomen. Adult appendicitis can be checked with one to choose from. Characteristic symptoms are indicative, such as Shchetkin-Blumberg and Obraztsova. They are more indicative and if they are positive, it is worth suspecting the presence of appendicitis in the patient. The rest provide additional information and help confirm the diagnosis..
- Symptom Promptova. With a vaginal examination, the cervix clamped by the fingers slightly fluctuates from side to side. If the patient has appendicitis, there will be no pain. In the presence of the inflammatory process of the appendages, on the contrary, they will be pronounced.
- Symptom Shchetkina-Blumberg. When pressing on the anterior abdominal wall, pain is noted. If you remove your hand and abdominal pain intensifies sharply, then the test is considered positive.
- Symptom of Jendrinsky. After pressing the stomach (2 cm below the navel) in the supine position, the pain when standing up intensifies.
- Symptom Obraztsova. The patient raises his right leg bent at the knee. If pain is felt when pressing on the right iliac region, then inflammation of the appendicitis is likely.
- Symptom Taranenko. The pain when turning from left to right side is noticeably worse.
- Symptom Michelson. Another author’s method is used to determine the symptoms of appendicitis in pregnant women. The patient flips to the right side. In this position, the uterus presses on the appendix. In case of inflammation, severe pain is felt.
Signs of chronic appendicitis
This option is rare, but stands out as a separate disease. Diagnosis is complicated by the unclear nature of the pain. They rarely appear and can intensify after eating or during menstruation. One of the signs of a chronic disease is considered a decrease in muscle tone on the right side of the abdomen. You can also feel discomfort when trying to raise your right leg. If you notice that she gets tired faster than the left, then you should immediately consult a doctor. If, after research, the diagnosis is confirmed, surgical removal of the appendix will be prescribed..
Symptoms of appendicitis in pregnant women
Pregnancy complicates the diagnosis. The longer the period, the more difficult it is to determine the true cause of the pain and conduct the operation. Some symptoms of appendicitis in pregnant women are normal signs of fetal development. Not always the expectant mother associates nausea and low temperature with the disease. Therefore, it is important to know how to recognize incipient inflammation. If there is acute pain in the abdomen that becomes aching, intestinal upset, other symptoms of acute appendicitis are observed – consult a doctor immediately.