- What is psoriasis?
- What does psoriasis look like on the head
- How to treat psoriasis at home
- Diet for scalp psoriasis
Many people face such misfortune as psoriasis. This disease is non-infectious in nature and is not completely treated, remissions are constantly alternating with relapses. In most cases, psoriasis appears on the head. It will be useful for everyone to know why this disease begins, how it manifests itself. There are many ways to get rid of this ailment, which causes a lot of inconvenience..
What is psoriasis?
A disease of an inflammatory nature, but not contagious. Often, inflammation on the head is only the initial stage in the development of more serious forms of psoriasis. Inflammation affects the skin along the contour of hair growth. With psoriasis, new cells grow on dead cells. As a result, crusts, tubercles appear on the head. These phenomena do not interfere with hair growth, but concern adults and children from an aesthetic point of view. Seborrheic psoriasis affects:
- earlobes and skin around;
- upper forehead;
Signs and first symptoms
You must know how psoriasis begins in order to consult a doctor in a timely manner if you suspect that you are sick. First, small spots appear on the head, red or pink. Sometimes they look like a simple rash. On them there is a keratinized film, which is better not to touch, so that the growths do not coarsen. There are mild and severe forms of the disease.
At first, the manifestations of psoriasis are invisible to humans. People turn to a specialist, as a rule, when spots, scales, already appear on the head, the skin begins to itch. Gradually, itching and inflammation in psoriasis will intensify. Dense crusts resembling flakes appear on the skin soon. If psoriasis cannot be cured, then keratinized plates will cover the entire head and the disease will spread to other parts of the body..
First of all, you need to understand why psoriasis appears. The impetus is always the violation of metabolic processes. Skin cells begin to grow and divide in psoriasis five times faster than in normal body conditions. Dead people do not have time to retire, new ones grow directly on them. This leads to the appearance of peeling, plaques, fusing into spots. Psoriasis can develop due to:
- frequent intense mechanical effects on the scalp (rough use of a comb, for example);
- the irritating effect of hair care cosmetics when it is improperly selected;
- allergic reactions;
- too dry scalp, dandruff;
- stress, depression;
- hormonal disruptions;
- the wrong diet;
- genetic predisposition.
What does psoriasis look like on the head
Each stage is characterized by its own skin lesion. At first she flakes a little, itches. Gradually, the earlier dander-like change turns into large thick plaques. Later they become like flakes of white color. They are replaced by large scaly red plaques, the skin becomes vulnerable to injury. It’s best to see what psoriasis looks like on the scalp in the photo..
How to treat psoriasis at home
This disease cannot be ignored, because it will not go away on its own. It will be possible to get rid of psoriasis on the head with the help of traditional or alternative medicine. Before applying this or that method of treatment, be sure to consult a doctor. As a rule, complex therapy is used. It is worth talking about the main treatment options for psoriasis.
Try the following recipes for psoriasis at home:
- Oil compresses. Mix equal amounts of olive oil with peanut butter. It must be heated and spread with massage movements on the skin. Top with polyethylene, wrap with a towel and leave overnight. Wash off the composition with apple cider vinegar.
- Onion compress. Pass a few onions through a meat grinder, wet your hair, rub the pulp into the skin. Cover with cellophane. After a quarter of an hour, rinse with tar soap.
- Golden mustache. Prepare a decoction from a leaf of a plant and a liter of water, rinse your head after each wash.
- Bone marrow. 0.25 kg boil in water. Strain the broth, add 1 tsp. alcohol. Dip a towel into the bone marrow broth, wrap it on a wet head and hold until completely cooled. Repeat several times before bedtime. Wash your hair in the morning.
- Egg ointment. In an egg shell, pour vinegar essence in a glass bowl, close tightly with a lid. Leave for a day. Then mash the egg with the shell, add a tablespoon of pork fat. Apply the resulting ointment to psoriasis affected skin for an hour. Then remove the composition with a soft rag and brush with baby cream.
Medicines with active ingredients to eliminate the symptoms of psoriasis on the skin:
- Skin Cap. Contains zinc. Removes inflammation, itching from the skin
- Libriderm Zinc. Shampoo based on pyrithione and allantoin. Heals, moisturizes the skin.
- Friderm Zinc. Relieves psoriasis symptoms, improves hair condition. Promotes skin regeneration.
- Psorilom. Shampoo with salicylic acid, zinc pyrithione, vitamins, plant extracts.
Tar shampoos effective in combating psoriasis:
- “Friderm tar.” It has an antifungal effect, normalizes the production of sebum.
- Shampoo grandmother Agafia “Tar”. At the heart of birch tar. Removes skin irritation.
- Algopix. Consists of juniper tar. Heals wounds, treats inflammation.
- “Tana.” Homeopathic shampoo with birch tar. Kills bacteria, normalizes the water-salt balance of the skin, improves blood circulation.
Antifungal shampoos used to treat psoriasis:
- “Nizoral.” Treats itching, peeling of the skin.
- Keto Plus. It will help moisturize the skin, relieve irritation, and remove crusts. The course of treatment is a month.
- “Sulsena.” Regulates the process of regeneration of skin cells, as a result of which dead skin is exfoliated faster. Normalizes tissue metabolism.
Manufacturers offer a ton of drugs to treat psoriasis. Among them are funds for indoor and outdoor use. The best result from psoriasis on the head will give a combination of those and other drugs. Preparations for oral administration are prescribed exclusively by a dermatologist after determining the severity of the disease. Formulations for external treatment of the skin will also help cure psoriasis..
Depending on the main active ingredient, the following skin products are distinguished:
- With triamcinolone. “Fluorocort”, “Nazacort”, “Kenacort”. Relieve inflammation, itchy skin.
- With flucortonol and flumethasone. Lorinden, Sinalar, Sinaflan. Prevent new crusts from forming.
- With hydrocortisone. “Hydrocortisone”, “Corteid”, “Futsidin.” Effectively combats skin inflammation, relieves pain. It is not recommended to use ointments for a long time..
- With mometasone. “Elokom”, “Silkaren”. Eliminate itching, exudate discharge.
- With clobetasol. Skin-Cap, Dermoveit. They are characterized by the fastest effect. The course of treatment lasts no more than five days.
In this category there are such preparations for the skin:
- Salicylic ointment. Relieves inflammation, itching.
- “Tsinokap”. It removes inflammation, peeling. Applied twice a day with a thin layer on the skin for a month and a half.
- “Losterin.” Contains naphthalan, urea, salicylic acid, D-panthenol, plant components. Used three times a day for two weeks.
- “Psoriatic.” Homeopathic medicine. Relieves All Psoriasis Symptoms.
- Magnispor. Ointment based on fat solidol, extracts of medicinal herbs, minerals, oils. It is applied every day 1.5-2 months.
Modern methods of treating psoriasis are very effective. Exposure to UV rays gives an excellent result, but sometimes hair makes it difficult to access the skin. Therefore, specialists have developed special ultraviolet combs. Rays, acting on the skin, relieve the symptoms of the disease. As a rule, the improvement is noticeable after 20 procedures. It is recommended to apply the technique in combination with agents that contribute to the removal of crusts. Duration of the first exposure to the skin – no more than half a minute with a subsequent increase.
Diet for scalp psoriasis
The principles of the diet for the disease:
- exclude allergens, spices, seasonings;
- refuse hot, smoked, canned food;
- do not cook dishes with mayonnaise, mustard;
- alcohol and carbonated drinks with sugar are strictly prohibited;
- eat dishes with vegetable oils, sea fish (boiled, stewed);
- include zucchini, bran, cereals and other high fiber foods in your diet;
- eat vegetables, fruits.
Serge, 35 years old: Recently, some rashes appeared along the forehead, but did not attach importance until the skin began to itch. Then crusts appeared. I went to the doctor and he said that it was psoriasis, but not yet started. The doctor prescribed several drugs and Skin-Cap shampoo. The result was not immediately noticeable, but after about two months the skin became normal.
Irene, 28 years old: We have psoriasis – a family disease, so when it appeared on the skin, I was not even surprised. At first I decided to try folk remedies, but neither onion compresses nor celandine helped. I went to the doctor, and he prescribed non-hormonal ointments. They really helped. If exacerbation of psoriasis begins, I immediately use tar tar shampoo.
Max, 48 years old: I have a very nervous job and, probably, psoriasis on the skin appeared due to constant stress. I regularly use shampoos: medicinal, antifungal, with tar. It is not possible to completely get rid of the symptoms. Periodically, everything starts anew. Probably, one should eat right, quit smoking, maybe then treatment will give a more stable result.