- Migraine during pregnancy
- Headache during early pregnancy
- Headaches during second trimester pregnancy
- Severe headaches during pregnancy
- Headache during pregnancy – treatment
- How to get rid of a headache during pregnancy
While a woman carries a child, she has a lot of health problems that are a cause for concern. A frequent companion during pregnancy is a headache of various etiologies. An unpleasant sign can overtake at any time, be periodic, permanent and so on. Why does it occur in women? What can pregnant women have from a headache?
Migraine during pregnancy
This type of pain has specific symptoms and a development mechanism. Pathogenesis is hypoperfusion of brain tissue, excessive expansion of cerebral vessels. Migraine in pregnant women is often hereditary, mainly manifested in one half of the head. Fear of light, nausea, excessive sensitivity to sounds, smells – all this manifests itself in most with an attack. A characteristic symptom of migraine is the appearance of an aura before the onset of pain. The main causes of migraine in pregnant women:
- psychological stress;
- change in weather, indoor climate;
- intake of certain food products, for example, hot spices, citrus fruits;
- hormonal changes;
- exposure to noise, light, unpleasant odors.
Headache during early pregnancy
After fertilization in the body of a woman begins a complete restructuring, a significant change in the hormonal background. For this reason, cramps also bother those who did not previously know about them. Very often, the symptom appears in the first 3 months. If the headache during pregnancy in the early stages, the woman can count on amelioration of the condition after the body gets used to the new condition. Other causes of pain during pregnancy:
- chronic fatigue;
- excess caffeine;
- lack of sleep;
- pressure problems
- the presence of diseases, for example, cervical osteochondrosis;
- symptomatic foods (coffee, red wine).
Headaches during second trimester pregnancy
An unpleasant symptom can appear both at the beginning of the term, and later. Causes of headaches during pregnancy in the second trimester:
- increasing load;
- weather changes;
- the use of cold food, caffeine;
- stress, depression;
- lack of water;
- lack of sleep;
- general fatigue;
- exposure to bright light;
- smoked air.
Severe headaches during pregnancy
The symptom is not dangerous if it is moderate. It should be wary of the appearance of severe headaches during pregnancy. At best, they are a manifestation of migraine, cause overwork or stress, a pungent odor, and bright lighting. In addition, a symptom may occur in the following cases:
- cerebrovascular accident;
- spinal diseases;
- renal pathology;
Headache during pregnancy – treatment
Many women are interested in how to treat a headache during pregnancy, because the choice of drugs is not great. Many medications that stop the symptom adversely affect the fetus, and therefore are prohibited for use. Doctors strongly recommend that you forget about such widely known drugs as Citramon, Depakot, Atenol, Fiorinal. How to treat a headache during pregnancy?
Pregnant Headache Pills
If the symptom cannot be eliminated by non-drug methods, after consulting a gynecologist, the pregnant woman can use pharmaceutical preparations. The following tablets from the head during pregnancy are considered relatively safe for mom, the fetus:
- No-shpa. The drug relieves spasm of blood vessels, helps with high pressure. No more than 3 pieces are allowed per day.
- Paracetamol. It is advisable to drink this medicine, not its derivatives. Allowed to use from the first trimester.
- Panadol. Paracetamol Medication Helps Effectively Relieve Low Pressure Pain.
- Nurofen The medicine can be drunk if a woman has previously used it, and the remedy has brought results. Limitation – allowed up to 30 weeks.
- Ibuprofen. It is rarely prescribed, mainly in the initial stages. It is recommended to use it with extreme caution..
Pregnancy headache patch
A reliable, modern, very effective way that women can use in position is adhesives. As a rule, they contain only plant herbs, essential oils, therefore they are safe for the fetus. The patch for headache during pregnancy has an instant effect, improving the condition of the expectant mother. To eliminate the symptom, the product must be glued to the back of the head or forehead, wait 10-15 minutes. 1 patch is allowed to use no more than 6 hours.
Folk remedies for headache during pregnancy
A healthcare professional may prescribe safe medicines to alleviate the condition, but alternative medicine methods can also be used. Herbs, aromatic oils, flowers, vegetables do not contain chemicals, can also quickly help relieve spasm, reduce pressure. Some folk remedies for headache during pregnancy:
- Lean against the glass. It should be cool. If the pain is due to nervous strain, it will pass quickly.
- A broth of hawthorn saves from dizziness. To cook it, take 20 g of fruit, 1 cup boiling water and cook for 10 minutes.
- Cabbage leaf saves from acute pain. It is necessary to bandage it to the forehead and wait for the result. If juice is released during the process, grease your wrists and ears..
- Well-being is noticeably improved if a piece of woolen cloth soaked in olive oil and vinegar is applied to the head. The ingredients should be mixed in the same proportion..
- Long-term pain will help eliminate the chaga extract, diluted with boiled water. Drink a big spoon every day.
How to get rid of a headache during pregnancy
Do experts strongly recommend avoiding medication? What to do? There are many alternative painkillers that can help women. How to relieve a headache during pregnancy? Recommendations:
- Wash your hair with warm water and a pleasant-smelling cosmetic..
- Try aromatherapy. It has been proven that with different pains, the aromas of lemon, mint, and pine have a beneficial effect on the human condition. To achieve a result, they must be inhaled or rubbed into whiskey. The fragrance bath shows good and fast results..
- Use metal, such as copper, for treatment. Try to attach coins from it to the frontal part of the head, wait 15 minutes.