- Treatment of fungal skin diseases
- How to treat fungus on the skin of the body
- Treatment of skin fungus with folk remedies
Various mycoses are a worldwide widespread problem: in every second patient, a dermatologist diagnoses a skin fungus. Such a disease can occur in any part of the body and is difficult to treat, accompanied by unpleasant symptoms..
Treatment of fungal skin diseases
Only with complex treatment can one get rid of a fungal infection caused by different types of pathogens. In order for the therapy to be effective, it is necessary to undergo an examination with a doctor who, according to its results, will be able to choose the right medicines. How to cure fungus on the skin of the body? For this purpose, simultaneously use:
- local antifungal medications;
- systemic drugs based on intraconazole, fluconazole, ketoconazole, clotrimazole or other active substances;
- glucocorticosteroid drugs;
- antibacterial drugs;
- physiotherapy (DMV therapy, electrophoresis, pulsed magnetotherapy).
How to treat fungus on the skin of the body
If the skin is affected by mycosis, it is impossible to delay the trip to the doctor, otherwise it will be very difficult to eliminate the consequences. The doctor will be able to choose the appropriate methods for treating the skin fungus. First, traditional medicine is used, since they more effectively fight the disease, quickly eliminating unpleasant symptoms and destroying the focus of infection. Modern treatment of mycosis of the skin of the body is carried out using such means:
- Ointments, creams. Helps to eliminate fungal spores in the initial stages of the development of mycosis of the skin of the body, while such local remedies are not effective enough for an advanced disease.
- Spray. Aerosols relieve symptoms of pathology well and are very convenient to use outside the house, so they are usually taken with them to work in order to be able to continue therapy.
- Immunostimulating agents. Since suppressed immunity is often the cause of infection with fungi, an important therapeutic measure is to restore the protective properties of the body.
- Broad-spectrum antifungal tablets / capsules. They destroy the infection from the inside, help to cope even with the most advanced cases of mycosis of the skin of the body.
Before starting treatment of the fungus of the skin of the body, it is necessary to determine the type of causative agent of the disease, so a dermatologist cannot do without diagnosis. After establishing the type of infection (yeast, yeast-like, candida, etc.), the doctor prescribes appropriate medications to the patient. Alternative medicine may be traditional medicine. You can get rid of the fungus only with regular use of antimycotic drugs for a long time (as a rule, therapy takes 5-8 months).
Pills for body skin fungus
For the most effective elimination of pathogenic fungal spores, which tend to spread throughout the human body, tablets are used. To get rid of mycosis of the legs, arms, back, neck, chest, these drugs help:
- Lamisil. To achieve a therapeutic effect, a treatment course of 2 months is required. Even a child from 2 years old is allowed.
- Nizoral. The active substance – ketoconazole – has a mycostatic and fungicidal effect. The drug is effective against almost any type of pathogen..
- Fluconazole Cheap antimycotic antifungal agent for skin of domestic production. It works even with advanced forms of onychomycosis and various types of lichen.
- Terbinafine. A systemic drug is used to treat microsporia, trichophytosis, extensive lesions of the trunk and extremities with mycosis.
Antifungal ointments for body skin
Local antifungal preparations for the skin can be used comprehensively or be the only therapeutic agent against fungal infections. The latter case is possible only when mycosis is affected by an insignificant area of the skin or the initial stage of the disease. Flaky, itchy spots are smeared with a thin layer of cream / ointment, usually 1-2 times a day. To do this, use:
- Ifenek. An ointment from a fungus on the skin of the body, in addition to the antifungal, has an antiseptic effect. Ifenek is applied directly to the foci of infection 2 times a day.
- Lamisil. Effective for the treatment of almost any mycotic diseases. The advantage of the drug is a relatively low price.
- Exifin. Cream for fungus on the skin of the body. Suitable as a therapeutic agent for fungal infections of the upper layers of the dermis of the body and head.
- Mycoseptin. The local drug has virtually no contraindications or adverse reactions, has a mild and gentle effect.
General action skin fungus
Systemic drugs are the main means of combating mycotic pathologies. Since the treatment should be comprehensive, at the same time they use local medicines that relieve the symptoms of the disease (itching, burning, etc.). In this case, therapy begins only after establishing the type of pathogen. In addition, mycoses are often accompanied by a bacterial infection, which is also taken into account by the doctor in the selection of effective therapeutic agents.
If the infection is in acute form, therapy begins with the neutralization of inflammation and elimination of excessive moisture in the affected dermis. For this purpose, solutions of the Castellani and Clotrimazole type are used. After drying of the skin, antiseptic antibacterial drugs are prescribed:
- 2% iodine solution;
- sulfuric tar ointment;
- salicylic ointment, pr.
Therapy of fungal pathologies will be most effective if you combine different antifungal drugs – this will avoid the emergence of resistance to drugs in pathogens. In addition to the listed funds, the patient is prescribed treatment for body fungus with systemic tablets:
Treatment of skin fungus with folk remedies
Such drugs should be used simultaneously with taking medications, since they can only alleviate the patient’s condition, but not eliminate the cause of the disease. For the treatment of smooth skin of the body using such recipes:
- Garlic cream. Sliced garlic clove with the same amount of melted butter. With the prepared mixture, treat the affected areas of the dermis daily.
- Soda baths. Is it worth adding to warm water? Art. soda. The procedure lasts at least 15 minutes.
- Onion juice. Lubricate the stains several times a day with fresh onion juice.
- Horsetail decoction. 2 tbsp. l brew herbs in a glass of barely boiling water. Wipe affected skin with liquid 2-3 times daily.
My fungus usually appears on the legs (between the toes). Acetic compresses help perfectly: itching passes almost immediately. The main thing is to start treatment of the disease in time, otherwise the fungus will spread further and without toxic pills it can not be removed.
Tatyana, 30 years old
After visiting the pool, her husband noticed light spots on her chest, but at first she did not betray this. There were no other symptoms. After they went with friends to the sea and a friend (she is a dermatologist) said that it was mycosis, which cannot be ignored. Cured quickly with Lamisil and Clotrimazole ointment, while spots on the chest disappeared within 2 weeks.