- Types of internal bleeding and their manifestation
- The main signs and symptoms
- First aid for internal bleeding
Detecting internal bleeding is very difficult. At the initial stage, its symptoms are very blurry, similar to signs of other diseases. What is wrong can be suspected of severe external injuries, but some chronic diseases also cause a similar condition. The danger is that a person does not always experience pain. However, if urgent measures are not taken, the life of the sufferer will be at risk. How to recognize signs of internal bleeding and how to help before the arrival of doctors? Read more about this in the article..
Types of internal bleeding and their manifestation
Significant internal blood loss occurs for two reasons:
- mechanical damage to internal organs due to shock, fall from a height, industrial injury, or even after clarification of the relationship with the help of fists;
- chronic diseases that lead to thinning of the walls of blood vessels, their rupture. At the same time, blood fills either natural (stomach, uterus in women, lungs), or a cavity created by it.
No matter how much blood is poured out, the body seeks to push it out. It comes out with the feces, the contents of the stomach, from the internal genital organs in women, is expectorated with sputum from the bronchi and lungs. However, do not think that the bleeding will stop on its own, the wound will heal by itself. At the first manifestations of internal blood loss, consult a doctor as soon as possible.
According to doctors, cirrhosis of the liver, ulcer, varicose veins of the stomach or duodenum provoke every third internal bleeding. In this case, the problem can be recognized by vomiting mixed with bloody clots of a dark, almost black color. Another characteristic sign of internal bleeding in the digestive system is stool, reminiscent of tar in color and consistency. It can appear in 1–2 and even in 9–10 hours after the onset of blood loss.
Otherwise, this kind of internal bleeding is called a stroke. In this situation, the liquid does not find a way out and accumulates in the skull. Blood clots can only be removed surgically. The danger of blood clots in the brain can not be underestimated: they can cause complete or partial paralysis, disruption of the organs for which the affected area is responsible, and even death. In addition to severe head injury, a stroke often leads to:
- high blood pressure;
- brain tumors;
- vascular aneurysm;
It’s about uterine bleeding. It can occur in women for various reasons. Changes in the hormonal background, tumors, ectopic pregnancy, miscarriage, detachment of the placenta during gestation, rupture of the uterus or ovaries – all these factors hidden from human eyes provoke internal bleeding. They can open after menstruation or during it. One of the signs of internal bleeding is that the blood comes out profusely in the form of large clots of a dark color. The process is accompanied by aching pains in the lower abdomen.
In the abdominal cavity
Powerful internal bleeding in this area is possible for various reasons:
- ectopic pregnancy;
- low blood coagulation.
Particularly bleeding of this type is made by the fact that a person experiencing acute pain in the peritoneum, in order to at least slightly relieve it, is forced to sit with his knees pulled to his chest. Most often, doctors face external mechanical damage:
- injuries to the abdomen;
- chest injuries;
- ruptures of internal organs: liver, ovaries, spleen.
In the organs of the respiratory system
The accumulation of blood in the lungs and its exit are associated with complications after some diseases (tumors in the chest, tuberculosis), with injuries of the ribs, heart and respiratory organs themselves. At the same time, along with typical characteristic are some specific signs:
- heart rate decreases markedly with heart injuries and increases if the lungs are affected;
- difficulty breathing, lack of oxygen if blood fills the pleural cavity;
- chest pains of various strengths are noted;
- characterized by restless behavior, distortion of facial features;
- cough is accompanied by the release of scarlet blood with an admixture of foam.
The main signs and symptoms
Along with specific experts, numerous common symptoms of internal bleeding are noted, regardless of which particular organ or part of the body is affected. These signs include:
- severe dizziness;
- inability to do daily business, weakness;
- unnatural pallor of the skin and eye proteins;
- apathy, drowsiness, inability to concentrate;
- nausea, vomiting;
- particularly severe cases are marked by confusion, inability to adequately perceive and respond to what is happening;
- with injuries incompatible with life, a person falls into a coma.
By some signs, you can judge which vessels are damaged. Capillary bleeding is very weak and does not pose a special danger to life. Parenchymal, in which all channels are involved, very long and abundant. Arterial is characterized by an ejection of blood of a bright red color, and it pours out jerkily. The main signs of venous bleeding are unhurried uniform flow of dark blood.
First aid for internal bleeding
It is difficult to determine the source of internal bleeding without examining a doctor. However, if you leave the sufferer without any help at all, the situation may noticeably worsen. A few simple steps will alleviate the condition of the victim and give him a chance for a successful outcome:
- try to provide the victim with peace and the greatest possible comfort;
- if by some signs you can assume that internal hemorrhage has occurred in the upper body, arrange the person to recline. Otherwise, lay on your back;
- make sure that the victim moves as little as possible;
- apply something cold (a bag of frozen food, cold water, ice cubes) to the place where, in your opinion, internal bleeding occurs;
- do not give the sufferer any medications, drinks other than water, carry out any procedures. What is necessary in each case, can only be determined by a specialist;
- make sure the doctor arrives as soon as possible.