The famous island of Mallorca for manyThe best place to relax. The combination of ancient buildings with modern buildings, enticing beaches, a variety of sea entertainment, historical places, friendly population, delicious dishes every year attract more and more tourists, whether family with children, a young couple or a group of friends.
Holiday in Mallorca
Snow-white beaches of the resorts of Palma Nova, PagueraWithout doubt, will like lovers of a quiet romantic getaway. All the beaches on the coast of Mallorca are free, the fee is only charged for additional services: umbrellas, pedal boats, sunbeds, etc. In total, the island has about 200 beaches, the most worthy of which have the Blue Flag Award for cleanliness and safety. Famous sandy beaches - Cala Mayor, Ferrera, Dor, Long, etc. The beach with pebbles is in Son Kalju. Numerous amusement parks, aquariums, water parks, moto-safari attract tourists of different ages, giving an unforgettable experience.
The tour desk offers many options for tours to explore the island's attractions. Among the most interesting places of the amazing island are:
- Palma de Mallorca - the capital of the island, which wasLaid down in the ancient times of the Roman Empire. Its main attractions are the narrow streets, which represent a labyrinth. Built in the XVI-XVII centuries. The cathedral of La Seu - the largest monument of Gothic architecture. It also serves as the burial vault of the local kings of Jaime II and Jaime III. The ancient castle of Belver at different times was also a prison, and a bastion, and a museum with a collection of classical sculptures of Cardinal Despucca, and a place for various entertainment events, for example, the festival of classical music.
- The extraordinary beauty of stalactites, grottoes, crystal clearness of underground lakes and the mysterious cave of the Dragon Cave is famous. The highest stalagmite in the world grows from the bottom of the cave of Art.
- Palacio de la Almudaina is the most ancient palace of Spain, here is the National Museum, the Royal courtyard with mythical sculptures, Arab baths, the Royal Garden.
- Built in the XIII century. Luke monastery is designed in the Renaissance style, on its territory there is a sculpture of the Holy Virgin Luke, a museum with exhibits of the prehistoric period.
- Alcudia is a medieval town surrounded by the ruins of a 13th century fortress and the ruins of the ancient Roman city of Pollentia, and the Albufera Natural Park is also located here.
Various routes of comfortable buses,Railway and sea transport allow to reach any part of the picturesque island, visit oak groves and pine forests, almond groves and olives, explore the valleys and bays of the Mediterranean Sea, the mountainous terrain. Very popular is car rental and a 24-hour taxi, although the cost of services is much higher, but is it worth arguing about the advantages of an individual approach to each client. If desired, each traveler can explore the ancient streets of ancient cities, fascinating the scenery of the island on foot or by bike.
The height of the tourist season is the periodJuly-September. In Mallorca at this time, mass celebrations and events are held. For example, from 8 to 15 August in the city of Cala d'Or are celebrations in honor of the patron saint of the sea, which end with a breathtaking bewitching fireworks show. Sailing regatta of the King's Cup "Copa del Rey" is held in the period from August to September.
A wide range of active entertainment, for example,Scuba diving or surfing, sailing or tennis, golf or yachting, are massively offered throughout the coast of the island. The most popular among fans to explore exotic flora and fauna are diving clubs in Alcudia, as well as in Santa Ponsa. The most favorable period for diving is September.
Budget hotels not higher than three stars are located onResort Arenal. Local bars and restaurants will be pleased with democratic prices compared to other places in Mallorca, which undoubtedly attracts a large number of young people. Among the best nightclubs there are Titos, Garito club, Puro Beach and many others.
Mediterranean, Catalan, Moorish,Traditional majors dishes are presented both in specialized restaurants, and in restaurants of mixed cuisine. The total number of restaurants on the island is more than 2,500. Among the many dishes of Mallorca are roast lamb, pork with cabbage, vegetable stew, paella - pilaf with seafood, snails. Alcoholic beverages are represented by local wines Binissalem and Felanitx, Sangria, popular with liqueurs, sherry, beer.
One vacation is definitely not enough to visit every picturesque corner of Mallorca. One can say with great confidence that the desire to return to the island will necessarily arise.