In medicine now there are many toolstreatment of various diseases. However, for such a rare disease as a disease of vitiligo, science knows very little. To understand what this phenomenon, it is necessary to understand the features of the manifestations of the disease and its causes. Visually vitiligo it looks like pigmentation disorders, is characterized by the formation of discolored spots on the skin. This property is called depigmentation diseases - disappearance of melanin pigments from selected areas of the skin. Let us see what is vitiligo and how to cure it?
The causes of the disease
Science does not know any exact causes nor the mechanism of vitiligo. It has been suggested that the appearance of vitiligo disease can be attributed to the following factors:
- exposure to certain chemicals or drugs;
- disorders of the autonomic nervous system;
- diseases of the endocrine organs;
- genetic predisposition;
- chronic diseases.
Some experts believe that the development ofVitiligo contributing factors that trigger other autoimmune skin diseases: immune disorders, combined with injuries, inflammatory and necrotic lesions of the skin, intoxication, infectious process. Emergence and disease associated with vitiligo parasitic infections, an imbalance of minerals, vitamins, iron deficiency, copper, selenium and zinc.
The main signs and symptoms
The main manifestation of the disease are white spotson the body. Outbreaks of disease can occur at any age, often in childhood and adolescence can be formed in all areas of the skin. The greatest risk the appearance of depigmented areas prone to those places where the skin is most injured - there are spots on the feet, knees, hands, elbows.
The foci of vitiligo broken sweating, skinIt becomes unable to normally respond to cold and heat. Hair bleached areas of the body in many patients, too discolor. Some stains can disappear spontaneously even without treatment, but the disease progresses depigmentation lesions may form on the ground recently, injuries, friction or pressure on the skin.
The initial stage of Vitiligo is expressed very weakly. It is characterized by small foci of depigmentation - small spots that appear to be a significant, but not particularly eye-catching cosmetic defect, which is easy to disguise clothing. Gradually, the bright spots on the skin increases, and combine to form large areas of milky-white color.
There are no troublesome symptoms of vitiligo diseasecauses, it is not contagious, but it is difficult to cure. Vitiligo patients perceived as a serious aesthetic defect, so the disease can cause severe psychological distress. After Sun colorless areas are becoming very visible, the affected area of the skin very sensitive to UV light and fast "burn."
Methods of diagnosis
Experts diagnosing vitiligoBased on available clinical, examining the characteristic lesions of depigmentation - white spots on the arms, legs, torso. When the diagnosis is almost never any difficulties significantly more difficult to identify the causes of vitiligo disease. If the dermatologist is not sure of the diagnosis, and suspects other skin diseases (herpes, psoriasis, atopic dermatitis), the patient is sent for additional examination.
Occurrence of disease contribute to a variety offactors, so its treatment requires a comprehensive approach. However, dermatologists there is no clear scheme and reliable methods of therapy of vitiligo, and remove stains. Most therapeutic interventions aimed at preventing progression of the disease and reducing the depigmented lesions on the skin.
Vitiligo disease develops under the influencemetabolic disorders, and therefore an important prerequisite for its successful treatment and get rid of spots is a special diet. The patient must be fed by observing the following rules:
- adhere to a fractional power mode;
- start each main meal with fresh vegetables and fruits;
- eat foods rich in copper, manganese, selenium - eggs, meat, sea fish, seafood, cheese, nuts, rose hips, wheat bran, legumes, cereals;
- refrain from excessively spicy food, alcohol, foods with preservatives, intermediates;
- It is not fried, and eat food, baked, steamed or boiled.
For topical preparations for the treatment of vitiligo, the following diseases ointments, creams, gels and lotions:
- hormonal ointments that slow the disintegration of melanin in the skin cells;
- medications that stimulate the production of melanin;
- drugs based on calcineurin inhibitors;
- cosmetics, masking white spots (Covermark cosmetics, Vitadye, means tanning or bleaching of the skin unaffected).
To use a hormonal treatment of vitiligopotent corticosteroids such as "Fluticasone" and "Fliksotid". They are used continuously for three months (once during the day) or six months with breaks: 15 days means is applied to the vitiligo patches, followed by a 15-day break, and so is repeated six times for six months.
To stimulate the synthesis of melanocytes (pigmentskin cells) in disease prescribe lotion vitiligo spots "Melagenin". The solution was applied to the depigmented areas of skin once per day using until the desired therapeutic effect. When you need to make a short break in treatment. Funds from vitiligo based on calcineurin inhibitors ( "Elidel", "Protopic") is used twice a day for six months.
Vitiligo disease requires an individual approach in the appointment of systemic medications. In the complex treatment of diseases of the following groups of drugs may be used:
- Photosensitizers. They increase the sensitivity to solar radiation. An example of such drugs is "Vitillo". It is taken continuously for six months, children use from 6 to 12 years - 1 tablet 2 times a day, adults - 1 tablet 3 or 4 times.
- Corticosteroids.0 These are preparations with hormonal action to help stop the progression of vitiligo. For example, Betamethasone and Dexamethasone. These drugs are taken at 5 mg daily dose of medication to a child is halved. Designate funds for a period of 6 months to 2 years.
- Immunomodulators. These funds are to stimulate and support the immune system. If vitiligo is preferable to use natural treatments - herbal remedies. Example - "Echinacea". Adults and children from 12 years of age should take 1 tablet 3-4 times a day. The continuous medication allowed for a period of no longer than 8 weeks.
- Vitamins, minerals, nutritional supplements. Patients administered ascorbic vitiligo, and pantothenic acid, vitamin B1 and B2, iron preparations, 1% copper sulfate solution. To determine what to treat the patient and to establish the exact dosage of drugs to treat the disease can be carried out laboratory blood tests.
Physical therapy is very effective in the treatment of vitiligo disease. The most effective forms of physiotherapy are:
- UV-B therapy - dosed UV exposure of affected areas using a special lamp;
- PUVA therapy - skin irradiation with long-wave ultraviolet radiation in combination with photosensitizing agents;
- laser therapy - the impact on the affected vitiligo skin with laser radiation of different power;
- electrophoresis lesion 0.5% copper solution.
After trying different methods of treating the disease and soand not finding how to get rid of white spots on the body, patients often use unconventional means. Traditional medicine includes many homemade recipes, is very good for vitiligo. The most effective are the following:
- Infusion of St. John's wort. Pour 1 teaspoon of herbs 0.2 liters of boiling water and infuse for half an hour. The resulting solution was taken after meals, three times daily. The course of treatment lasts 3 weeks. After it is recommended to do a week's break and then go through a second course of receiving funds.
- Ointment St. John's wort. Thoroughly mix the crushed grass with olive oil in a ratio of 1:10. Boil in a water bath, put to cool, then strain. Store the resulting cream should be in a dark place. Made therefrom compresses which need to impose on vitiligo lesions once a day for 30 minutes. The duration of treatment is 40 days.
- Infusion mountain arnica. 40 g of grass to fill in 0.4 liters of boiling water, leave for 20 minutes. Take 100 ml four times a day before meals.
- Packs of red clay and ginger juice. The components mix in equal parts. The resulting mixture was spread on a piece of gauze, is then applied to the affected areas of vitiligo. Hold compress on the skin until the vehicle is completely dry. Restrictions on the treatment no.
There are several time-tested andinnovative methods of surgical treatment of vitiligo, but they all have contraindications and do not guarantee a hundred percent elimination of the disease. To carry out operations on the skin of modern high-tech equipment is required, so the most effective of them require treatment in Moscow or in foreign clinics. Surgery in vitiligo may be as follows:
- Skin Grafts. The operation is performed in the absence of disease progression. Lesions are removed and in their place implanted healthy skin that is taken from other sites.
- The transplantation of melanocytes. Grown from the patient's pigmented melanocytes cells are placed in a special medium, which is then applied to the depigmented patches of skin.
- The autologous minitransplantaty. The skin lesions of vitiligo podsazhivayut mikrotransplantaty. This method is more complex than transplanting whole skin grafts, but differs fewer risks and side effects.
How to treat vitiligo in children
For the treatment of disease in a child are almostall methods that are prescribed for adults. The exception is systemic therapy with hormonal therapy. It is used only in the presence of severe indications on the minimum time in most low therapeutic doses. Children under 12 years are contraindicated sessions of the skin to UV irradiation and PUVA therapy.
According to the well-known pediatrician, the treatment of thisillness is important to take care of the child's psychological state. If peers teased him, and rude people are constantly considering spots on the skin, you should try to find the child's communication with other people suffering from vitiligo - this will help him to overcome emotional problems.
Prevention of illness
After a successful recovery from the vitiligo is important to follow preventive measures, which will not allow the disease to come back:
- carefully protect the skin from trauma, burns, cuts, insect bites;
- avoid wearing tight clothing, uncomfortable shoes, jewelry that can rub your neck or fingers;
- refrain from a long stay in the cold or in the sun, do not sunbathe, visit the solarium is not;
- eat right, keep an eye on the balance of vitamins and valuable elements;
- avoid contact with chemicals;
- undergo regular medical check-ups.
Photos before and after treatment of skin diseases
Understand how can improve skin conditionas a result of the treatment of vitiligo, you can view the pictures of people before and after treatment of the disease. Placed below images of areas of the skin affected by vitiligo, will give you the ability to roughly estimate the effectiveness of the therapy and help determine the strategy to combat this little known disease.
Maria, 27 years old: For the first time I had such spots on the back, and then - on the feet and palms of the hands, even when I was a child. I pricked intramuscular vitamin B, iron supplements given. The disease is stopped, and the second time became a little progress after about six months after pregnancy, but nothing happened. Who spots on the skin began to grow again until the prescribed vitamins, selenium and copper sulfate for 2 months of treatment. I'll see whether improvements.
Elena, 19 years: When the skin appear white spots, mother immediately took me to the doctors. Treated injections, pills, then phototherapy. A few months later they said that the progress of vitiligo is not, and it's OK. For prevention courses still gave some vitamins and minerals. Since then, nothing has appeared. I was told may not have these spots on the skin more than ever, because the time to cure the disease.
Eugene, 23 years old: I have vitiligo appeared after a course of injections of antibiotics. Dermatologist not appointed anything said that there is no treatment. I had to look normal doctor, a bunch of tests and analyzes took place, finally appointed treatment - vitamins, copper products and compresses Ammifurin spots. While the progress of the disease is not present, but the spots on the skin remained, and nothing they can not be reduced.