Mental Disorders invisible to the nakedI look, and therefore is very insidious. They significantly complicate the life of man, when he is not unaware of the problem. Experts studying this aspect of infinite humanity, claim that mental disorders are many of us, but does that mean that every second citizen of the planet need to be treated? How do you know that people really sick and he needs expert help? The answers to these and many other questions you will get acquainted with the following sections of the article.
What is a mental disorder
The concept of "mental disorder" encompasses a widerange of human mental status abnormalities. Problems with internal health in question, should not be taken as a negative manifestation of the negative aspects of human personality. Like any physical illness, a mental disorder is a violation of the processes and mechanisms of perception of reality, because that creates some difficulties. People faced with such problems, poorly adapted to the real conditions of life, and not always correctly interpret what is happening.
Symptoms and signs of mental disorders
The characteristic manifestations of mental disordersinclude behavioral / mood / thought, beyond the generally accepted cultural norms and beliefs. As a rule, all symptoms dictated depressed state of mind. In this case the person loses the ability to full implementation of the usual social functions. The total range of symptoms can be divided into several groups:
- physical - pain in different parts of the body, insomnia;
- Cognitive - difficulty thinking clearly, memory disorders, pathological unjustified beliefs;
- perceptual - a state in which the patient sees the phenomenon, which does not notice other people (sounds, movement of objects, etc.);
- emotional - a sudden feeling of anxiety, sadness, fear;
- behavioral - unjustified aggression, inability to perform activities of daily living, abuse of a mentally active drugs.
The main causes of disease in women and men
The aspect of the etiology of this disease categorynot fully understood, however, modern medicine can not clearly describe the mechanisms that cause mental disorders. Nevertheless, it is possible to identify a number of reasons, whose connection with mental disabilities scientifically proven:
- stressful life conditions;
- difficult family circumstances;
- brain disease;
- hereditary factors;
- genetic predisposition;
- medical problems.
In addition, experts distinguish a number of privatecases which are specific abnormalities, conditions or accidents on the background of developing serious mental disorders. The factors which will be discussed are common in everyday life, and thus may lead to a deterioration in people's mental health in the most unexpected situations.
Systematic abuse of liquordrinks often leads to disorders of the human psyche. In humans suffering from chronic alcoholism, constantly contains a large amount of decomposition products of ethyl alcohol, which cause serious changes in thinking, behavior, and mood. In this connection there are dangerous mental disorders, including:
- Psychosis. Mental disorder is attributable to a violation of the metabolic processes in the brain. The toxic influence of ethanol overshadows the patient's mind, but the effects appear only after a few days after the cessation. Man possessed a sense of fear or persecution mania. In addition, the patient may experience all kinds of obsessions related to the fact that someone wants to cause him physical or mental injury.
- Delirium tremens. Postalkogolnoe common mental disorder that occurs due to the profound disturbances of metabolic processes in all organs and systems of the human body. Delirium tremens is manifested in sleep disorders and seizures. These effects usually appear within 70-90 hours after cessation of drinking. The patient manifested mood swings of carefree fun to terrible anxiety.
- Rave. Mental disorder called delirium, manifested in the appearance of the patient unshakable judgments and conclusions that do not meet the objective reality. In a state of delirium in human sleep disturbances and photophobia appears. The boundaries between dream and reality become blurred, the patient begins to confuse one with the other.
- Hallucinations - vivid presentation, pathologicallybrought to the degree of perception of real objects. The patient begins to feel that the people around him and things rocking, spinning or even fall. The sense of the passage of time becomes distorted.
When a mechanical brain injurya person can develop a whole range of major psychiatric disorders. As a result, damage to the nerve centers run complex processes resulting in lowering of consciousness. After such cases often have the following disorders / conditions / diseases:
- Twilight state. There have, as a rule, in the evening hours. The victim becomes drowsy, delirium appears. In some cases, a person can sink into a condition similar to a screeching halt. the patient's consciousness is filled with all sorts of patterns of excitation, which can cause corresponding reactions from psychomotor disorders to brutal passion.
- Delirium. Serious mental disorder in which a person has visual hallucinations. For example, a person injured in a car accident, can see the dapper transportation of people and other objects related to the roadway. Mental disorders immerse the patient in a state of fear or anxiety.
- Oneiric. A rare form of mental disorder in violation of the nerve centers of the brain. Expressed in immobility, and mild sleepiness. For some time, the patient can be excited randomly, and then stopping again without moving.
Against the background of somatic diseases the human psycheHe is suffering very, very seriously. There are violations, from which escape is almost impossible. Below is a list of mental disorders that medicine considers the most common somatic disorders:
- Asthenic neurosis-like states. Mental disorders in which a person appears hyperactivity and talkativeness. The patient is undergoing systematic phobic disorders, often falls into a short-term depression. Fears, tend to have distinct shapes and do not vary.
- Korsakov's syndrome. The disease, which is a combination of a memory disorder with respect to current events, violation of orientation in space / area and the appearance of false memories. A serious mental disorder that is not treatable by known medical procedures. The patient constantly forgets about the events that have just taken place, often repeating the same questions.
- Dementia. The terrible diagnosis, stands for dementia. It is a violation of the psyche is often found in people aged 50-70 years who have a physical nature of the problem. The diagnosis of "dementia" put people with decreased cognitive functions. Somatic disturbances lead to irreversible abnormalities in the brain. Mental sanity person is not suffering.
Almost all people with epilepsy,there are mental disorders. Disorders that arise on the background of the disease, can be paroxysmal (sporadic) and permanent (permanent). The following cases of mental disorders encountered in medical practice more frequently than others:
- Mental attacks. Medicine identifies several varieties of this disorder. All of them are expressed in sudden changes of mood and behavior of the patient. Psychic seizures in people suffering from epilepsy, accompanied by aggressive movements and loud cries.
- Rolling (transient) psychicdisorder. Long-term deviations from the normal condition of the patient. Transient mental disorders is a prolonged fit of mental (as described above), aggravated by the state of delirium. It can last from two to three hours to whole days.
- Epileptic mood disorders. Typically, these mental disorders are expressed in the form of dysphoria, which is characterized by the simultaneous combination of anger, anguish, groundless fear, and many other feelings.
Cancers often leadsto changes in the human psychological condition. With increasing pressure increases formations on the brain, which is why there are serious deviations. In this condition, patients are observed unreasonable fears, delusional phenomena, anguish and many other focal symptoms. All this may indicate the presence of these psychological disorders:
- Hallucinations. They can be tactile, olfactory, auditory and taste. Such deviations are usually found in the presence of tumors in the temporal lobes of the brain. Often identified with them vegetovistseralnye violations.
- Affective disorders. Such mental disorders in most cases observed in tumors, localizing in the right hemisphere. In this regard, developing terror attacks, fear and anguish. Emotions are caused by infringement of brain structures appear on the patient's face: changing facial expression and skin color, the pupils constrict and dilate.
- Memory impairment. With the advent of this deviation manifest signs of Korsakov's syndrome. The patient is confused in the events that took place a while ago, asks the same question, loses logic of events, etc. Furthermore, in this state, a person frequently changing mood. Within a few seconds the patient's emotions may shift from euphoria to dysphoric, and vice versa.
Vascular diseases of the brain
Disorders of the circulatory system and blood vesselsimmediately affect the mental state of man. When the diseases associated with an increase or decrease in blood pressure, brain functions deviate from the norm. Serious chronic disorders can lead to the development of extremely dangerous psychiatric disorders, including:
- Vascular dementia. This diagnosis is dementia. By its symptoms resemble the effects of vascular dementia some somatic disorders that manifest themselves in old age. The creative thought processes in this state is almost completely extinguished. Man withdraws into himself and lost the desire to keep in touch with anyone.
- Cerebrovascular psychosis. The genesis of this type of mental disorders is not fully understood. This medicine is safe to call two kinds of cerebro-vascular psychosis: acute and chronic. The acute form is expressed episodes of confusion, twilight confusion, delirium. For a protracted form of psychosis characterized by a state of stupefaction.
What are the mental illness
Mental Disorders in humans can occur outsidedepending on gender, age and ethnicity. Mechanisms of development of mental disorders are not fully understood, so medicine refrained from concrete statements. However, at the moment clearly established the relationship between some mental disorders and age limits. For each age their common characteristic deviation.
In his old age against the backdrop of such diseasesas diabetes, cardiac / renal insufficiency and asthma develops a lot of variations of mental character. By senile mental illness include:
- Alzheimer's disease;
- Pick's disease.
Types of mental disorders in adolescents
Teenage mental disorders are often associated with adverse circumstances in the past. Over the past 10 years, young people often recorded following mental disorders:
- prolonged depression;
- bulimia nervosa;
- anorexia nervosa;
Features diseases in children
In childhood, we may also experienceserious mental disorders. The reason for that, as a rule, the problems in the family, the wrong methods of education and conflicts with peers. In the list below, are listed mental disorders that more often recorded in children:
- Down's syndrome;
- attention deficit disorder;
- mental retardation;
- developmental delay.
To which the doctor ask for treatment
Mental disabilities are not treated independently,so if you have any reason to suspect mental disorder requires urgent appeal to the psychotherapist. patient conversation with the expert help quickly identify the diagnosis and choose an effective treatment strategy. Almost all mental illnesses are treatable, if we look at the time. Keep this in mind and avoid delay!