This disease typically develops inthe lower back or cervical spine, is extremely rare in the breast. Hernia in the spine can affect any part of the back, the treatment can be conservative or operative (surgery). On the effectiveness of therapy affects the timeliness of referral to a specialist.
What is a spinal hernia
This pathology is characterized by impaired whenwhich displaced intervertebral discs, which causes a person severe pain, numbness in various parts of the body, weakness. The role of this part of the spine is very important: they are the shock absorbers that soften the load when driving, ensure the flexibility of the ridge. When deformation patient immediately feels the discomfort begins to suffer.
Intervertebral disc has a fibrous outerring which consists of collagen fibers and an inner part - the nucleus pulposus. In recent years the main burden lies with the person committing the different movements, weight lifting. Fibrous ring should hold the core in place, but if it does not, it is shifted and formed intervertebral hernia. The disease becomes a consequence of a long process of disc degeneration: it loses a lot of water from the inside, which makes it very fragile. There are two stages of the formation of a hernia:
- Protrusion. U disk starts to form gryzhevidnaya base, the inner fiber of the fibrous ring is damaged, but no shell rupture. The movable element is formed, but retained the nucleus pulposus. At this stage, you can cure the disease without surgery.
- Entruziya. The second and final stage of formation of the vertebral hernia. Nucleus pulposus exited the boundaries of space due to damage to internal, external fibers of fibrous ring. In some cases, treatment includes surgeon intervention.
From what appears herniated spine
As a rule, preceded by the development of the diseasespinal cord injury as a consequence of infection, physical trauma, metabolic disorders, infections, degenerative disc disease. Spinal hernia significantly manifested at the moment when the pressure is formed inside the intervertebral disc. Until then all the symptoms can be mistaken for a manifestation of other diseases. There are the following main causes of a herniated disc:
- diseases of the spine (scoliosis, osteochondrosis, lordosis, etc.)
- injury, microtrauma;
- causing deformation of the spine motion of the body;
- poor diet;
- excess body weight;
- sexual characters - male pathology is diagnosed more often;
- hard physical labor;
- Heredity - congenital spinal column;
- Pregnancy - creates additional load on the intervertebral discs, which provokes the strengthening of physiological lordosis;
- sedentary lifestyle (sedentary work);
- the presence of various abnormalities of connective tissue.
Types of spinal hernias
There is a general and a more precise classification of this pathology. Typically, first determine where the hernia is localized on the back:
- 4% of cases occur in the cervical spine. Patients complain of pain in the neck radiating to the arms, shoulders, felt headaches, numbness of the fingers, blood pressure increase, dizziness.
- 31% falls on the thorax. In this case characterized by persistent pain in the chest. Typically, the disease is on the background of vertebra curvature.
- 65% of cases occur in the lumbar region. Stronger starts to hurt during exercise, giving radicular pain in the buttocks, back of the thigh, lower leg. There may be a reduced sensitivity of the lower extremities, tingling, numbness, muscle weakness. In advanced, severe cases of lumbar hernia can develop problems with defecation, urination, paralysis of the lower limbs occurs.
It is characterized by the protrusion of the nucleus in the pathology of inter space, so there are the following types of spinal hernia:
- Protrusion - protrusion of less than 3 mm.
- Prolapse - protrusion of 3-5 mm, show clinical symptoms of the disease.
- Developed a hernia. Bulging disc is equal to 6 mm, there is a rupture of the fibrous ring, the outside leaves the nucleus pulposus, disc sequestration occurs.
In medicine also generate thrust protrusion of a hernia. This is called the "topography" of hernia, there are the following options:
- front - is the most favorable, there are no symptoms;
- Lateral or side - protrusion comes from one of the sides of the intervertebral disc, typically through the spinal nerve roots;
- rear - bulging occurs in the spinal canal (back), causing its compression, this option is considered the most dangerous, difficult;
- SHmorlja hernia - protrusion occurs vertically up / down in the body or below- the overlying vertebra.
Symptoms of spinal hernia
Symptoms of the disease are not immediate, insome cases, the first stages are without symptoms. The symptoms of herniated discs will vary depending on the department in which the formation of the protrusions. The main complaint from patients - a sharp, severe pain. Provoked it fallen disc that puts pressure on the nerve root. Each of them is responsible for the work of a particular organ, so the loss of a vertebra affects the spinal cord, which are next to the nerve endings.
spinal hernia - Symptoms in women
The disease is rarely seen in women,it is diagnosed more often in men between 30 and 60 years. The hernia manifests itself back immediately, symptoms develop gradually. As a rule, in the early stages it felt quite faint signs: not aching pains, slight dizziness, backache when lifting heavy things. Most patients do not pay attention to it and carry out self, provide a backbone calm, expecting that she will pass the problem.
Even minor manifestations of the disease havecause a person to think about their nature, to be examined. It should be immediately note the following spinal hernia symptoms in women, in time to begin treatment:
- insomnia, neurasthenia, decreased performance, expressed fatigue;
- migraine, headache, dizziness;
- infringement of visual function and other diseases of the eye;
- hypertension, pressure surges;
- loss of taste;
- purulent inflammation of the tonsils;
- tinnitus (periodic or permanent);
- nausea, vomiting;
- pain, weakness of the forearm;
- numbness of the thumb, pain in the biceps, the outside of the elbow.
- discomfort in the blades, shoulders;
- thyroid disease;
- burning, pain in the heart, the chest;
- there are persistent pain in the thoracic region.
- hemorrhoids, diarrhea, constipation due to violations of transportation of blood, nutrients;
- inflammation of the uterus, ovarian pathology;
- muscle atrophy, numbness, asymmetry of the body appears;
- Bladder stones are formed;
- arises when bending, extension or flexion of the back pain;
- descending pain in the lower extremities;
- increased dryness / sweating some parts of the legs.
spinal hernia - Symptoms in men
In this disease there is no gender differences inmanifestation. Symptoms of spinal hernia in men are the same, with the same symptoms that occur in women. Depending on the localization of protrusions will hurt or that part of the back, of course, manifest pathology of internal organs. The only difference is that men suffering from vertebral hernia more often than girls.
How to recognize a spinal hernia
The initial stage of the disease can be similar todiseases of other organs, so people rarely realize that the problem is in the spine. Suspected formation of protrusions can only qualified specialist. The main task of the person in the event of the above symptoms - to apply to the clinic, and not to carry out self. Diagnosis of a herniated disc include:
Only with the timely detection of problemsspine treatment will be most effective. The sooner the patient go to the hospital, the prognosis is favorable. The doctor after diagnosis can appoint adequate therapy, which the patient has to perform in the whole volume. If we neglect the medical therapy, physical exercise - the disease will progress.
spinal hernia treatment
The choice of therapy depends on the stage of the disease form. For example, if during the pathology occurs without complications, the treatment is directed to intervertebral hernias arresting further damage of the intervertebral disc. Please write out non-prescription medicines, if they do not have the desired effects, the doctor may prescribe stronger tablets (analgesics such as codeine). In the first stage can be identified such treatment stages:
- observance of rest, bed rest;
- the use of pain medication to relieve the patient's condition;
- performance of physical therapy;
- if necessary, a visit to physical therapy.
If after three months no painterminated manifested neurological deficit syndrome, numbness, perineum, reduced potency in men, is appointed by surgery. Surgery - a last resort, because complications often occur, not highly effective. The transition to this method should only be in the presence of threats to human life.
spinal hernia treatment method for Bubnovskogo
One of the areas of the spine therapy -strengthening of the muscular system, the disc can not fall and did not occur pinched nerves. Treatment of spinal herniation by Bubnovskogo method is based on a gymnastic complex, which the author has developed, observing the patients with different pathologies of the spine. The name of this technique - kinesitherapy, it is aimed at the muscles surrounding the spinal column itself vertebrae joints. Gymnastic complex is needed to solve the problems with lack of movement (physical inactivity).
Activation of muscles, speed up metabolism,circulatory assist to take the correct position of the vertebrae, and eventually begins to resolve a hernia. For each patient, the course selected individually, taking into account the localization of the hernia, the physical characteristics of the patient's body. Strengthening of the muscular system contributes to easing the pressure on the intervertebral disk, returns mobility, flexibility.
What physiotherapy in spinal hernia
When drug therapy can help to stoppain, a person appointed by physiotherapy. Sent it eliminate bulging, intervertebral spacing. The most effective are the following physiotherapy in spinal hernia:
- manual therapy;
- electrophoresis, phonophoresis, UHF;
The exercises of the spine hernia
For each person a set must be selectedindividually, taking into account the particular stage of the disease. Doing this should be a doctor or a coach with a medical background. The exercises of the spine hernia should not form the load on the spine, so work with a worsening in the vertical position is unacceptable. Training should be directed to the spine stretching, strengthening the muscular corset around him.
Prevention of spinal hernia
To treat the disease, kindlycarry out preventive measures. Herniated intervertebral disc is formed by a lack of human activity, decrease in muscle tone. This applies to the majority of office workers, people whose labor activity is connected with the computer. Prevention of herniated discs - to strengthen the back muscles, the immune system, avoiding back injuries. Sports should not generate excessive strain on the spine. Well suited for general strengthening of the body: