Most people with a cold faceinflammation of the sinuses, which can sometimes turn into a serious illness - sinusitis or views:. sinusitis, sinusitis, ethmoiditis, etc. Let us consider what is sinusitis and how to treat it?
What is sinusitis
Infectious-inflammatory chronic or acuteadnexal disease nasal cavities often called sinusitis. Inflammation at the same time affects the epithelium of the mucous membrane of any of the paranasal sinuses (sinusitis). This process can cause allergy, he can still occur as a complication of bacterial, fungal, or viral infections. Usually, sinusitis often accompanies rhinitis, so the disease is also called rhinosinusitis. Depending on the location of the inflammatory process are the following types of the disease:
- etmoidit - pathological process which occurs in the nasal mucosa, located in the ethmoid;
- sphenoiditis - an infection of the sphenoid sinus;
- sinusitis - inflammation of multiple maxillary paranasal cavities;
- sinusitis - inflammation of the nasal frontal sinus.
Sinusitis - symptoms and treatment of its differentassuming some form of the disease: acute or chronic - disease complex. This division caused by varying the duration of the disease. Treatment of acute type takes 2 months, from a chronic disease can be a long time to get rid of, but at the first cold it will come back again. Chronic allergic form often faced by people with weak immune systems.
Sinusitis - Symptoms
Inflammation of the mucous membrane of the nasal sinuses accompaniededema. The glands begin to actively produce a lot of mucus, which, when congestion in the sinuses paranasal cavities condenses. Sine while fully cleaned cease, resulting in disrupted natural ventilation and oxygen deficiency occurs. In the axils arise favorable conditions for the growth of conditionally pathogenic flora, which causes the infectious process. Depending on the distribution and forms a sinus infection - symptoms is important to know everything - evident:
- runny nose;
- rapid fatigue;
- pain in the head (cephalalgia);
- loss of appetite;
- raising the temperature;
- sleep disorders.
Local symptoms of sinusitis:
- loss of smell;
- nasal congestion and runny nose;
- sneezing, cough;
- difficulty in nasal breathing;
- dryness of the nasal epithelium.
The border between normal and signs of acutebacterial form of the disease is carried out depending on the intensity of symptoms. Acute sinusitis is repeated signs of normal, but appear sharper. Patients in the treatment of this form of the disease may need expert help, as the home of the disease will not work to get rid of. In acute sinusitis becomes difficult to breathe, there is a violation of the sense of smell and can still occur:
- feeling of pressure around the eyes;
- fever low temperature;
- profuse discharge from the nose;
- strong pain.
Symptoms of chronic stage right orleft-hand sinusitis include all signs of the acute phase of the disease. The disease is considered chronic if symptoms persist for more than an illness of eight weeks, the usual methods of treatment are ineffective or this deterioration was preceded by other inflammatory disease of the nasal cavity. Symptoms of sinusitis in a manner similar to the first manifestations of the acute stage of the disease sinusitis: severe headache. Chronic sinusitis is accompanied by the following symptoms:
- dry cough, worse at night;
- abundant secretions - may be mucous, purulent, scanty;
- difficulty breathing and severe nasal congestion - based on the form of the disease, can be one-sided and double-sided;
- painful sensations throughout the body.
Symptoms of sinusitis
The inflammation of the paranasal sinuses,occurs when complications of influenza, scarlet fever, measles, called sinusitis. In addition to general signs of intoxication, the patient concerned about pain in the cheeks and the area of the affected sinus, radiating to the temple, forehead or upper jaw, with pain on palpation only intensified. There are such early symptoms of sinusitis:
- it becomes impossible to breathe through the nose;
- appears watery eyes;
- when catarrhal sinusitis suffers murky and viscous serous discharge;
- a night cough;
- pronounced swelling;
- there is often a rise in temperature;
- there is a fever.
Front - symptoms
The inflammation of the paranasal sinuses frontal flowingheavier than other types of sinusitis is called sinusitis. Patients with suffer because of unbearable intense head pain. When accumulation of pus headache intensifies, it weakens it after draining sinuses. If the disease is not cured in a timely manner, you may develop complications - meningitis. The disease is sinusitis - its symptoms are known - are characterized by:
- Pain in the eyes;
- severe swelling of the mucous membrane;
- difficulty breathing;
- swelling of the brow area;
Sphenoiditis - Symptoms
Inflammation of the sphenoid sinus is rarein medical practice, called sfenoiditom. Generally, this disease is accompanied by a lesion of ethmoid sinuses. Clinical disease is manifested by pains in the parietal region, neck, head and eye socket. The illness can affect the optic nerves, causing decreased vision. This disease is sphenoiditis - here it is necessary to determine the symptoms with your doctor - evident:
- the swelling of the front wall of the sphenoid sinus;
- feeling an unpleasant smell;
- raising the temperature;
- purulent mucous secretions abundant;
- general weakness.
Sinusitis - Treatment
When inflammation occurs,sinus many interested in the question: how to treat sinusitis? In moderate and mild disease patients do not need hospitalization, all medical activities are carried out under the supervision of a specialist. Treatment of severe sinusitis in adults require regular inpatient therapy. It might look like this:
- appointed antipyretic drugs (Nurofen) to reduce the temperature;
- reception of antihistamine drugs in the presence of allergies;
- appoint vasoconstrictor sprays or drugs to eliminate edema;
- prescribe antibiotics if there is a suspicion of sinusitis;
- child rhinitis appoint spray (beclomethasone, fluticasone);
- in chronic phase used physiotherapy and spa treatment;
- surgery may be the presence of pus.
What to do in the sinus
Often due to inflammation and edema of nasal mucosathe accumulation of mucus that causes the development of such complications common cold as sinusitis. How to cure chronic sinusitis? To achieve a result, treatment in adults should only be carried out under the supervision of an otolaryngologist. The doctor can make a diagnosis and determine the presence of inflamed sinuses using rhinoscopy, X-ray, MRI, ultrasound. The scheme of treatment of exudative sinusitis involves the use of:
- vasoconstrictor drops;
- tablets sekretoliticheskim and mucolytic action;
- the ineffectiveness of drug treatment appointed puncture - puncture and insertion of a needle into the maxillary sinuses with removal of pus and followed by washing with a special solution.
Front - treatment
If there is inflammation of the frontal sinus many patients are interested in how to treat sinusitis. Typically, an effective treatment of the disease is carried out in a hospital conservative methods:
- appointed vasoconstrictor drops (Naphthyzinum, Tizin) and nasal sprays (Kameton, Bioparox);
- the acute form being treated with antibiotics (Cefazolin, Sporideks, Amoxicillin);
- receiving antihistamines (Suprastin, Tavegil);
- for pain medications used homeopathy (Sinupret, Sinuforte);
- can be used in home heating of rice.
Ethmoiditis - treatment
Inflammation of the mucous membrane of the nose and ethmoidethmoiditis often occurs in adults or in children of preschool age. Parents with wondering how to cure sinusitis, in order to avoid further complications. To fully recover from ethmoidal disease, should immediately after diagnosis to start complex treatment. Ethmoiditis - treatment is carried out only under the supervision of a physician - involves the use of:
- combined special preparations (Rinofluimutsil);
- vasoconstrictive drops (xylometazoline);
- turundas cotton impregnated with a special solution of adrenaline;
- antihistamines (Tsetrin, Aerius);
- UHF in the affected area;
- antibiotics (cefixime) assigned when the bacterial nature of the disease;
- nebulizer with a special drug solution.
Sinusitis Treatment folk remedies
Many sick sinus inflammation is notalways turn for help to specialists. They try to fix any signs of bad illness, while wondering what to treat sinusitis in the home. Generally, treatment begins with a nasal washings. To do this, use a blower or a conventional plastic spray bottle, which is filled with a saline solution. For washing it is necessary to bend over the bathtub and pour the contents into one of the sinuses. There are many ways on how to treat sinusitis folk recipes:
- to get rid of the chronic form of the disease should be 3 times per day for two weeks to eat half a cup of honey with cranberries;
- treatment of sinusitis involves chewing small pieces of honeycomb;
- use inhalation with boiled potatoes, which is necessary to knead and breathe on his steam, covered his head with a towel.