Broadly speaking dermatitis - skin inflammation. This is the name assigned to a variety of skin diseases. They appear, usually by contact of human skin with an allergen and is a delayed hypersensitivity reaction steps. Therefore, contact dermatitis (ICD-10) - a kind of collective term for chronic or acute diseases of the skin. This group includes herpetiformis, seborrheic, atopic dermatitis and so on. Predisposition to the manifestation of such allergic reactions every person.
What is allergic contact dermatitis
The stimulus can affect the skin of the twoways - by direct contact and through the blood. The first option - it is contact dermatitis, the second - drug reaction. For example, when the skin irritation after applying the cream apparent, this first variant, if the tablets after ingestion - second. The contact-allergic dermatitis manifests itself not so fast, only after several contacts with the stimulus. It may require up to several weeks for the formation of the inflammatory response.
The inflammatory reaction of the skin not associated withthe intensity of exposure to the allergen, that will not do the same to other people. Area covered by the disease will not necessarily coincide with the contact area. There are three forms of contact dermatitis: acute, subacute, chronic. It can manifest itself in various parts of the body, not excluding the eyelids, ears, penis, stomach.
In a typical contact dermatitis symptomsIt occurs almost immediately after the first interaction with the allergen, and the affected area of the skin corresponds to the area of contact with an irritant. An example of this variant of the disease can be called a chemical or thermal burns, abrasions, frostbite. Prolonged contact with the allergen develop a chronic form of the disease. It is manifested in the form of a thickening of the skin cyanosis, congestive edema.
Allergodermia in acute appearance ispronounced swelling with a bright red skin. In place of the manifestations of the disease appear bubbles, which at some point opened, but remain in the form of weeping erosion (soak). When attenuation of skin inflammation are scales, crusts, often called eczema. Usually, dermatitis appears on the hands, waist, on the face, armpit, ear lobes. For a simple form of the disease is characterized by the following symptoms on the skin:
- in areas of interaction with the allergenic substance reddens the skin, there is itching, swelling;
- the appearance of the affected area of bubbles filled with a clear liquid inside;
- at the opening of the bubbles is painful erosion of the top layer of the skin;
- after decrease inflammation at the site of the lesion is yellowish crust.
An allergic dermatosis(Allergic) may be under the influence of almost any substance. The cause of skin disease becomes not so much the pathogen as an individual person's susceptibility to it. Experts were still able to identify a certain group of stimuli that are increasingly becoming the cause of contact dermatitis:
- Nickel. It is widely used for making ornaments, jewelry, dentures, coins.
- Latex. Present gloves, toys, condoms.
- Household chemicals. The various components of detergents, washing powders, etc.
- Cosmetic products and decorative cosmetics.
- Antibiotics or hormones, which are part of medications (ointments, creams).
- Other synthetic materials used in tailoring.
- Chemicals, for example, ink, paint, adhesive.
Dermatitis contact appearance can be confused withother diseases. Externally, it can be similar to fungal infections and skin lesions or herpes virus. In certain cases it is confused with lichen planus, or psoriasis, but they are easily eliminated by using skin biopsies. An important factor in the diagnosis of the disease becomes localized outbreak response, a form of inflammation. The photo below shows how the contact dermatitis.
How and what to treat atopic dermatitis at home
Treatment of this disease is necessarily beginswith the fact that you need to get rid of substances that cause dermatosis. Timely implementation of this paragraph largely determines how long passes allergic dermatitis. If a substance that provokes inflammation of the skin, connected with professional activity, you should use personal protective equipment. Treatment of the disease can be carried out with the help of medicines (tablets and ointment), or folk remedies.
- Broth bath of chamomile and succession. Take 4 tablespoons of chamomile, succession, pour 2 liters of boiling water and let them configure themselves for at least two hours. Add bath according to the water volume. For children - to the eye, about cup, adult full suite of about 0.5 liters.
- St. John's wort. Take 20 grams of funds and pour olive or linseed oil (200 ml). Two weeks to press the mixture, strain and smear the inflamed areas of skin.
- Potatoes. Grate the potatoes, apply to the affected areas of skin dermatitis.
- Celery Root. Pour finely grated root with cold water. Infuse for 2 hours and consumed 200 ml per day.
Drug treatment of the disease is carried outointments for local impact and tablets for the general. The first method helps to relieve and soothe inflammatory effect, accelerate the recovery of the skin tissue. Use ointments with corticosteroids or compresses with drilling fluid. In the acute form in the course are the tablets of antihistamines groups, hormone pills, injections of calcium chloride is carried out intravenously. Any means of therapy for contact dermatitis is described below should only be administered a physician diagnosis.
- "Advantan". Ointment for atopic dermatitis is smeared with a thin layer on the inflamed area of skin without rubbing. The average course of treatment - 3 months, for children - 1 month. Assign children older than 4 months.
- "Lokoid". Use 1-3 times per day applied to the skin massaging movements, spreading a thin layer. In the week should be used 30-60 g of funds. If you exceed this dosage developing addiction or side effects.
- "Elidel". 2 times a day an ointment rubbed into the damaged areas of the skin until completely absorbed. Use the tools to the complete disappearance of the symptoms of the disease.
- "Zyrtec". 7 is produced in tablets or packages in the form of drops. For withdrawal symptoms enough 1 tablet every 2-3 days. The drug has a prolonged effect, it has a slight sedative effect. Contraindicated for pregnant girls and nursing mothers.
- "Zodak". Action is maintained for 24 hours. Adults are recommended to take 1 tablet in 24 hours, children under 12 years - half a tablet 2 times per 24 hours.
- "Aerius". The recommended dose - 1 tablet per day before or during meals.
Features of treatment
Contact dermatitis may occur isdepending on the gender or age, but prevention, treatment will be different in children and adults. Treatment of the disease depends on the specifics of the perception of the course, so it is very important to him under the supervision of a physician. The specialist will monitor the reaction of the body, the flow of the disease, monitor the effectiveness of treatment.
The treatment of contact dermatitis in adults hasthe same testimony, the main of which - the elimination of the source of allergies, medical appointment rate. The difference in treatment - only when a woman's pregnancy. In this case, the prescribed medication topical. When using the total value of the tablets need to pay attention, that would not have been a part of the allergen. For safety health better eliminate tablets which have an effect on the digestive tract and stomach. It is recommended to follow a special diet.
Atopic dermatitis is very common in childrenoften. The reason becomes interaction with an irritant. In newborn skin it has a special sensitivity, and immunity is not yet well developed, so the disease occurs especially painful. To cure contact dermatitis in infants is not very difficult, it often takes place by itself, but the symbiosis with other infections (Staphylococcus aureus) can get complicated course of the disease.
Most medications are not recommendeduse up to 6 years old, so for the treatment of allergodermatita should increase the amount of water treatments, walks in the sun. Be sure to find the cause of the disease, try to replace synthetic or uncomfortable clothing. At the time, refrain from using children oils, better use boiled vegetable.