Lice or pediculosis - parasitosisskin and hair. It is useful to know how it may appear, because it is transmitted from person to person instantly. Symptoms of lice, methods of treatment and prevention of - important information for parents and children, because children are at risk.
What is pediculosis
Many wonder: lice - what is it? On his doctors and medical professionals are responsible that this disease, which is caused by parasites - lice. They settle on the scalp, feeding on human blood. In appearance lice are small insects without wings of different shapes. They have legs and a small mobile proboscis. Carriers and lice infestation sources deemed homeless people with poor hygiene.
Types of lice
The size of a human head lice are small, with aboutsesame seed. They are painted in gray-brown in color, have a 6 feet by which quickly moved through his hair. If the louse drank blood, it becomes red or black. Lice feed on all the time, so as not to die. Insects lay their eggs oval yellowish no larger than a millimeter, from which after a week there is a new individual.
Otherwise, the eggs are called nits, are easily confused withdandruff, but unlike her, they firmly adhered to the base of the hair with a special substance. They can not shake off the hair, so carefully combed out the nits after treatment. In person can live head, pubic and body lice, each of which is different in size and cluster sites.
Dark colors, long belly lice differ inhuman head. They are called the head, because they focus on the hair, the females are larger than males. This type is characterized by rapid reproduction. After laying the eggs to the maturation of the female reproductive capacity is just 16 days, but under adverse conditions - a month. The head louse is extremely productive - for the life that lasts up to a month, she lays 80-100 eggs. It turns out that on the day she lays 3 eggs, which quickly turn into adults and exasperate the patient.
Stages of the life cycle of the human head louse, which causes head lice:
- 1 mm egg develops week;
- 3 nymph stage, on which the future of the insect grows, sheds, turns into a nymph of the first age of 3 days, 5 second is an 8 - third;
- adult stage of the insect - the nymph molts and is ready to breed, to mate with males it begins immediately after leaving the nymph.
Darkish color with a wide greatly shortenedabdomen pubic lice are ploschitsam. Their area of habitat - the groin, buttocks, armpits, eyebrows and eyelashes. Differ pubic insects from the head structure of the legs, but their development cycle is similar view of the same breeding conditions. Females lay up to 50 nits are hard to feed on blood, form the nymphs of the first, second and third order, then hatch into the adult - adults.
On his robe and on his chest hair live wardrobeslice. They look like headphones, but differ yellowish color with no black spots on the abdomen. These lice lay more than 300 eggs in her life, characterized by high resistance to cold and starvation. Destroy nits, nymphs and adults can only be boiling. Biting insects wardrobes similar to scabies, blood turning point in the follicles and inflame.
Where are the lice on the head
Ill just lice: Lice infest hair due to close contact with each other or with other people combing combs, using accessories for hairstyles. In kindergarten, a child can become infected by other children through games, fights - lice jump from man to man. Infected adult head lice can be even in public transport or at public events. Cootie transferred through clothing or bed linen, pubic - actively propagated among those who rarely change underwear, lice can be transmitted through sexual intercourse, shared pools.
Symptoms of lice
If lice study - what is it - then you can face the problem of its symptoms. Symptoms of the disease are:
- itchy scalp - occurs due to contact with the wound saliva of the parasite that causes irritation;
- child or adult is constantly itching, because the number of lice increases;
- in daylight and close examination of the scalp visible nits;
- pubic and wardrobes insects leave blood points on the skin, which if untreated, becomes dry and like a floured.
Diagnosis of head lice
In the case of the question: pediculosis children - what it is, parents may suspect the disease in specific symptoms. Diagnosis of the disease makes a dermatologist, he also appoints the medication. The basis for diagnosis are complaints of itching, scratching the scalp, body and pubic area. At the reception, a doctor will examine hair, if found nits and scratching prescribe treatment of lice.
Lice Home Treatment
The first rule is to get rid of liceCareful hygiene using special shampoos, conditioners and lotions. They must be used according to the instructions for the children to use their own dedicated funds. The best way to treat lice on children and men will shave nalyso those places where there were lice - not for the insects that will cling with the smoothness of the skin, so when there is no possibility of a parasite, they will die.
Girls with long hair will carefullycombing and treatment lotions, and women - chemical staining dye. From lice will only boiling and special handling of clothing and bed linen. If you find lice of one member of the family should be treated all the others, because the risk of transmission of parasites is great. You also need to treat all bedding, linens and clothing. After the treatment should be carefully ironed all seams iron.
Modern medicine offers many effective remedies for head lice that a doctor prescribed:
- head of the parasites will help special comb, shampoo, lotion malathion, permethrin drugs, 20% of th water-soap emulsion of benzyl benzoate and Pedilin;
- from pubic insects help emulsion Medifoks or benzyl benzoate at a concentration of 20%, Lontsida solution or aerosol Para-plus Spray Pax;
- Permethrin means, phenothrin wipe the scalp, then do not wash 2.5 weeks to produce the effect;
- Reed shampoo, Anti-bit is applied according to the algorithm for 10 minutes, wash off, the course of treatment - 10 days;
- lice medications should not be used during pregnancy, eyelashes and eyebrows - this is used for a simple pair of tweezers or the extent of smearing Vaseline;
- crusts removed after lice salicylic, boric or sulfur-tar ointment.
Lice Treatment folk remedies
People have always used traditional medicine to cure head lice. Here are a few recipes for pest control:
- lubricate the scalp with kerosene or oil, polyethylene zakutyvanie - it's effective, but threatens the emergence of dermatitis, burns hazardous;
- Use broths beets, tarragon, rosemary, vinegar - they are supposed to wash the hair, but the approach is ineffective and costs over time;
- spread scalp dust or treat dichlorvos - brave in the fight against lice at risk of serious poisoning.
Prevention of head lice
A popular question: Adult lice - what it is, can not be overlooked on the prevention of the disease. It is better to prevent disease than to get rid of parasites and treat the consequences. The basic rule is considered hygiene - only wear clean clothes, bedding changed regularly, to take a shower. It is not necessary to give their combs, hair clips to other people, do not try on other people's hats. To prevent recurrence of lice should be included in everyday life use of tea tree oil, lavender, carefully ironed clothes.