In ancient times we practiced bone setters,that could cure a number of diseases of the spine and "rouse" even disabled. In modern medicine, such specialty is officially called the masseur manualshchiku and sphere of activity - intensive care extensive abnormalities of the musculoskeletal system.
What is chiropractic
Alternative therapies in modernsociety of them attract, found its most ardent supporters. Almost every educated person knows that such manipulation, and how effective this technique in practice. Unconventional treatment is practiced in all countries, to successfully eliminate the disease of various origins of the spine, it is an effective prevention of the pathologies of the musculoskeletal system.
The technique is as follows: first with the spinal column removed the functional block, then apply the symptomatic treatment of relaxation methods. Simply put, that's what makes the manual therapist: first of all in relieving acute pain, followed by a number of therapeutic interventions to prevent a second relapse.
How useful manipulation
Currently, there are several copyrightmethods that can return the patient to the joy of movement, life without pain. The use of manual therapy is obvious, since after the first session the patient is experiencing a welcome relief. It is necessary to take the full course, to get rid of the disease, and then to maintain its state preventive measures. Resulting from the manual therapy effect is delayed for a long time, doctors are three main effects:
- Peripheral. Improvement of blood circulation, restoration of soft tissue, oxygen transport to the cells, cells infected update features, normalization of physiological fluids.
- Neurophysiological. Restoring the passage of nerve impulses, the normalization of nerve function.
- Psychophysiological. Systemic effects throughout the body, not just on its individual portions, bracing effect.
Who is the manual therapist
Doctor manual therapist with a degree inHe is a certified neurologist and orthopedist. However, in practice longer works hands - acts directly on the pathology of lesions, removes acute pain. Such broad specialists are turning adult, but his specialization extends to the treatment of the younger generation. Manual massage - the basis of intensive care, but one procedure is not enough. It takes a full course, to fix the result.
That treats chiropractor
Such a specialist is engaged and back problemsspine, from the neck and ending with the loin, of course. To him seek the help of a graduated acute pain of unknown etiology. Chiropractor treats discomfort, but the main thing - to find and efficiently eliminates congenital or acquired problems.
Positive dynamics providedthat a person will adhere to all medical recommendations. Manualshchiku works with the spine and joints, but this does not prevent him from efficiently restore function of the digestive tract, endocrine, nervous and respiratory system. In addition, improving the patient's emotional sphere, the internal organs and the brain, strengthens the immune system and stimulates the function of the circulatory system.
As a chiropractor treats
Manual therapy successfully combines copyrightstechnique with the passage of the massage course, physiotherapy and reflexology. Such an integrated approach to ensure successful treatment of vascular dystonia, scoliosis, migraines, herniated discs, osteoarthritis, muscular-tonic syndromes and beyond. The principle of manualshchiku - to determine the cause of the disease, eliminate it, and the symptoms present in the patient's life. Soft manual therapy - is a gentle method that effectively treats diseases of the musculoskeletal system, acts systemically.
The methods of manual therapy
Manualshchiku depending on the clinical pictureselects manual methods impact directly on the center of the spine pathology. That helps with some diseases, ineffective in others. Therefore own methods as claimed in practice. The basic methods of manual therapy detailed below, complement the existing direction of official medicine. It:
- Arthro-vertebral therapy. Treats painful joints, promotes their distance from each other. It uses a more intensive massage, which is called traction push. Manual therapy restores the function of the spine disk apparatus inhibits the pathological process of compression of the nerve endings.
- Myofascial therapy. Restores reflexes and muscle fascia. This assignment is appropriate when large pathologies of the vascular system, diseases of the joints and connective tissues, neurological pathologies.
- Visceral method. Treats such organs as the lungs, intestines, liver, spleen, myocardium, reproductive system, kidneys. The clinical picture often involve soft manual techniques. Manual therapy can be the primary method of treatment without taking the pills.
- The cranial technique. Treats diseases associated with the brain, affects the joints of the skull, the neck muscles. It is also called cranio-sacral technique, and resort to in case of frequent dizziness, decreased concentration and memory, migraine attacks, impaired intracranial pressure.
Manual Therapy Techniques
It is known many techniques for the successfultreatment of the spine and its departments. Selecting an individual, manipulations are carried out punctually at intervals of 1-3 sessions a day. Reviews positive patients, but in many respects the result depends on the professionalism and experience of the osteopath. Basic techniques of manual therapy with a brief description is as follows:
- Jog mobilization. Manipulation with manual therapy carried out directly on the affected joints. In this way, the doctor broken or displaced discs, violates the integrity of the exostosis, removes subluxations articular structures.
- Rhythmic mobilization. There are three types of procedures with a clear definition of the method of exposure. Stretching technique suitable surfaces of the joints, rotating - inserts a connecting structure, compressive used when it is impossible to use the above methods.
- Positional mobilization. Smooth muscle tension in the joints, restoration of functional reserve, with the exception of complications of treatment of the musculoskeletal system.
- Postisometric relaxation. Intense muscle tension effectively combined with their subsequent gradual dilation. The pain quickly goes in the lumbar, thoracic, cervical and other parts of the spine.
Indications for manual therapy
If acute pain lastsextended period of time, and the effect of analgesic medications short-term, it is recommended to urgently visit manualshchiku. However, there are some indications of manipulation, which make such treatment may be appropriate. These are the following diseases of the spine:
- intervertebral hernia;
- low back pain;
- frozen shoulder;
- protrusion of the intervertebral disc;
- flat feet;
- epicondylitis shoulder;
Manual therapy - contraindications
Reviews of the procedure are positive, but not allit can be put into practice, to use in the process of recovery. There are medical contraindications for manual therapy, which cover such clinical pictures:
- inflammation of the joints, the spinal cord;
- bleeding tendency;
- thrombosis of the vertebral arteries;
- previously transferred a heart attack or stroke;
- open soft tissue wound;
- anatomical features of the spine.
Chiropractic is not a free service. The prices depend on the city receiving a specialist, his professionalism and reputation in a given direction, the level of private clinics. You can contact the Community Health Centre, which is carried out inexpensively manual therapy. In commercial institutions, medical centers and the price is much higher.