One of the common skin infectionsShingles is a disease that affects one or more areas of the skin. There are different types of this disease. Lichen planus in humans is a chronic inflammatory process. It is characterized by eruptions on the mucous membrane of the mouth and on the skin. It accounts for 2.5% of depriving among dermatological diseases, and 10% - in cases of oral lesions. Outwardly, it looks like a small shining, pinkish-red nodules polygonal shape, in the center of which there is a cavity.
The causes of the disease
The main reason for the emergence and developmentdiseases are considered to be violations of the human body itself. We are talking about metabolism and the regulation of immune processes, because of which is shown inadequate response of tissue cells to external stimuli failure. Increased risk of lichen planus like under the influence of specific environmental factors and the characteristics of the patient.
There described familial cases of the disease,It is suggesting a genetic predisposition, transmitted from parent to child. The basis is an autosomal dominant pattern of inheritance: abnormal gene derived from a parent does not make children carriers, but increases the risk of lichen planus. The concept of the disease at this stage involves a combination of several groups of factors:
- Endogenous factors: immune problems, neurological disorders;
- genetic predisposition;
- exogenous factors: viruses, toxic and allergic conditions.
In the case of neurological disorders rashoccur under the influence of strong emotional experiences, neuro-reflex therapy, suggestion under hypnosis. This suggests the importance of these conditions during the development of the disease. If a patient came lichen planus in the mouth, the fore allergic factors, problems with metabolism.
The defeat of the oral mucosa is not rare lichenfollowed by stomach and bowel disease: these patients revealed associated colitis and gastritis. Pathology of the pancreas or liver also provoke the development of disease. Physicians have noted that precede the appearance of red flat zoster in humans in the oral cavity may mechanically damaged mucosa. Pathology of the teeth also play a role.
Modern chemical compounds usedindustrial or home, have an effect on the development of the disease. This happens because of the simplest allergic mechanisms that trigger the appearance of the lesions. The cases when as allergens began to act antibiotics and other drugs. This gives grounds to speak about the appearance of red flat lichen as an allergic reaction to the chemicals.
Forms and red lichen symptoms
Having dealt with the fact that such zoster, is stillpay attention to its various forms. When combined with comorbidities this pathology may be atypical. In this case, unlike the typical lichen planus may be no obvious symptoms. In this case, diagnosis may be difficult. Doctors currently allocate such basic forms of lichen:
- Warty. It manifested in the form of warty growths on the skin. The plaques are reddish-brown or purple color, and their surface is covered with small warts with thickened horny layer of the skin. typical small nodules may be present next to their red lichen.
- Bubble. Rare variant manifestations of this type of lichen. Lesions appear as small blisters filled with a colorless liquid (sometimes with blood). They appear as the background of the plaques or nodules, and without prior symptoms.
- Pointed. In addition to the typical lesions observed eruptions, which have the form of the cone, and at the top there is a small spike. This option is found in lesions of the hair follicles.
- Annular. When the size of the pockets of rapidly increasing, while the central part is already beginning to heal, is obtained visually as if the ring. After healing, it remains in the center of a different color skin. This form of lichen planus may superficially resemble not only ring but also garlands, semicircles, arcs. Most often this type appears in men in the groin. Externally, it is confused with syphilitic rashes, causing incorrect diagnosis and therapy.
- Erosive and ulcerative. It affects the mucous membranes, and the most difficult to treat. There is on the lips, in the mouth and may turn into ulcers. Lesions covered with patina or film. If they are removed, the bleeding occurs. Ulcers are few, small, do not cause the patient's subjective feelings. During treatment lesions disappear, but after cessation of treatment the disease can develop again in the same place.
- Atrophic. In the first step does not differ from the typical form of red lichen, but healing of plaques in situ skin is keratinized. More often develops in the limbs bend locations. On the hair of the body parts of this form is spot baldness.
- Sclerosing. With the growth of plaques or papules occur sclerotic changes. In this form of lichen planus can cause atrophic alopecia in areas of scalp. It occurs very rarely.
Diagnosis of the disease
In a typical course of disease inDermatologist will not have problems with the diagnosis. External manifestations of red lichen can be confused only with syphilitic rashes, but for analyzes and detailed examination, the difficulties in determining the cause of the foci will not. The main features in the formulation of the diagnosis, doctors take into account the following symptoms:
- color of the lesions;
- misuse of their shape;
- in the center of plaques and nodules small depression;
- symptom Wickham (papules surface has a fine reticulation);
- on the affected skin is not bleeding.
These attributes will be enough to distinguish redlichen planus from psoriasis or syphilis even without analyzes. This process is complicated if there are eruptions on the mucous membrane, in which case the herpes can be confused with lupus erythematosus, leukoplakia or syphilis. The diagnosis is carried out by process of elimination of these diseases in laboratory studies tests. Itself does not give red lichen specific changes in urine or blood. Can help doctors detailed survey of the patient, which will identify the factors contributing to the development of pathology.
Localization of lesions
The disease has a typical localization regionlesions. Lichen planus appears in a person's mouth, on the bend of the elbow, on the genitals (in the head of the penis or the labia), under the arms, on the back, hips, abdomen, legs, nails. Accompanied by precipitation in most cases itching. If the disease progresses, new plaques appear on any scratches, bruises, fractures and other injuries of the skin.
How to treat lichen planus
This type of disease refers to a chronic, butbenign (often asymptomatic), which sometimes do not require systemic treatment. In the case of atypical manifestations and its chronicity of the disease, successful treatment depends on an integrated approach. Lichen planus requires the appointment of an individual course of therapy with the use of modern methods and tools. From what factors trigger the development of lesions depends, than to treat ringworm in humans.
Due to the fact that the essence of the very red flatdepriving unclear until the end, it all comes down to the most symptomatic treatment. It aims to eliminate certain manifestations of the disease and help to cope with itching. For example, in lesions of oral administered oral antiseptics, corticosteroids ( "Beclomethasone", "Triamcinolone" "Betamethasone" "Prednizol") and "Azathioprine". Following the appointment of the course can be treated planus at home.
To completely cure the disease, in addition tosymptomatic treatment is necessary to find and eliminate the causes of the factors that have influenced its appearance, regularly carry out procedures to strengthen immunity, improve mental state. All this is part of a complex therapy, which is designed to not only rid you of symptoms of red lichen, but also help to avoid its recurrence. Appointed such treatment the doctor individually after a detailed interview and examination of the patient.
Effective folk remedies
- Tar. Take 2 eggs, 150 grams of birch tar, fresh domestic cream 100g, mix and rub into the affected area until the disappearance of the external manifestations. Pre inflammatory foci wipe hydrogen peroxide.
- Vinegar. In the affected area 5-6 times a day to make a compress of undiluted apple cider vinegar for 10 minutes. Use long red shingles will not work.
- Calendula. Take 10 g of calendula flower clusters and grind them, grind 50 grams of vaseline. Salve affected skin places several times a day until the disappearance of lichen.
Prevention of disease
Due to the lack of a clear and unambiguous reasonsDevelopment planus, there is no single effective method of prevention of the disease. Doctors recommend to approach this issue comprehensively, to protect themselves from severe emotional distress, harmful chemicals, strengthen the immune system. In cases with lesions of the oral cavity should be promptly resolve all the problems with teeth and gums.
signs of a flat red lichen
Red Shingles is a very commoninfectious disease among people of all ages, accompanied by a rash on the skin and constant itching. Some people are embarrassed to go to the doctor and expect that the problem will take place itself, which is fundamentally not true. If you have any lesions should immediately consult a doctor, dermatologist. But not everyone understands that they have emerged lichen planus.
What is lichen planus people - photo
There are different types of stripping, which differby color, shape, area of the lesion on the skin or mucosa. It is accompanied by a change in the disease areas of pigmentation of the skin, peeling and itching. All this applies to herpes zoster, pink, red, color, type of ringworm of the disease. Below are photos of lichen planus.