The emergence of many diseases is not fullystudied - medicine has yet to answer the difficult questions. For example, hygroma: how the disease can occur, how dangerous it is, what are the effects of different treatments, whether education can dissolve itself? Learn all aspects of the disease.
Hygroma or ganglion called benignswelling in the form of cysts (code ICD-10), inside which accumulates serous viscous liquid resembling a jelly-like consistency muddy substance interspersed with mucus. Cysts near the small joints such as finger hygroma, contain impurities of blood, and in large (knee, elbow, shoulder, ankle, wrist) is present along with cholesterol crystals. The neoplasm is always near the joints, density is soft to dense flexible.
Why does hygroma? By the end of it yet to be determined. There are two possible options:
- Hereditary predisposition.
- The investigation of repeated injuries.
Hygroma - what is it, like runsdisease? Without inflammation, but it looks ugly, delivering primarily aesthetic inconvenience. Pain starting to bother only if education is growing strongly and is adjacent to the nerve endings. Sometimes it may be in breach of sensitivity. There is no danger to the patient's life and health are not hygroma. They never transformed into malignant tumors.
In most cases, localization hygroma following joints:
- The wrist is localized to the back of the handon the rear of the transverse ligament. Cyst wrist easily visible under the skin, if it is located above the bundle. If the cyst is a ligament, it becomes noticeable when highly flexed the hand at the wrist. Rare find cases where the bumps appear on the palms near the thumb.
- On the outside of the phalanges.
- On the inner side of the tendon at the fingertipsflexor sheaths. Typically, these bumps are larger than the backs, often grow into two phalanges. Hygroma with localization are painful such as increase in size, they begin to compress the nerve fibers, causing severe pain, resembling in character neuralgia.
- On the lower extremities cyst can grow inankle (the front outer surface) on the foot (the back surface of the metatarsal and toes), knee (hamstrings), the tibia. Soreness and inflammation that occur when the squeezing and rubbing cysts shoes.
Indeed, the development of this disease directlydue to both the joint and the tendon. Hygroma of the tendon or joint ganglion - are one and the same concept. If the joint is injured, the articular (synovial) fluid ends outside the bursa and accumulates in the capsule, eventually becomes thick and viscous. Ganglion capsule and maternal joint cavity linked fistula.
capsule cells - degenerate degenerated,there is metaplasia, which is expected to cause the disease. As a result, metaplasia appear spherical and fusiform cells. Construction of the first capsule filled with the second liquid which subsequently flows into the extracellular space. Cavity is not completely emptied, in any case there are degenerative tissue which then begin to grow again. Conservative treatment is ineffective due to frequent relapses.
Hygroma - Causes
According to the clinical data causes hygroma is called:
- frequent injuries of joints and tendons;
- Chronic bursitis and tendovaginitah;
- wearing incorrect dentures uncomfortable shoes.
It is believed that the hereditary factors occupythis list of the leading position, with women after childbirth sick about three times more often than men. Most cases of disease falls on the young age of 30 years. Children and the elderly periarticular nodules will not get any (although there are exceptions), but in pregnancy hygroma often tormented woman.
Hygroma - Symptoms
As mentioned above, hygroma does not itselfIt shows until it is small in size, but if the growth of education begins, the patients complain of a dull pain in the joint. This happens because the increase in size capsule at the site of anastomosis begins to delay the bursa, especially when exercising. Nearby vessels and nerves are compressed.
Symptoms hygroma are as follows:
- Disturbed skin sensitivity. Perhaps numbness (paresthesia) or in front of the increased sensitivity of the skin pain (hypersensitivity).
- Neuralgic pain.
- Venous stasis.
- Thickening and roughness and redness at the site of cyst formation.
It should be with extreme caution inhygroma on the fingers, knee, forearm - it places an increased possibility of injury. bag casing as a result of a blow or fall can reveal, and the contents of a long period of time will leak out and into the surrounding tissue, increasing the risk of developing other hygromas. In the worst case, a wound infection, abscess, and other adverse effects. Can hygroma dissolve itself? No, because it is necessary to treat hygroma clearly if it is uncomfortable.
Hygroma - treatment
Should appoint Before treatment hygromato make a diagnosis, to eliminate the possibility of cancer, as well as to differentiate from the ganglion artery aneurysm and natёchnogo abscess. For inspection of the arteries is best to undergo magnetic resonance imaging with contrast. Probably, the doctor will ask to make X-ray or ultrasound. Treat ganglia conservative methods can, if it is possible for a long time to ensure peace wrist or leg, bursa to once again not to injure.
For all the variety and popularity of conservative methods of treatment, they are ineffective, the disease recurs. The most popular methods of medical treatment are:
- healing mud;
- paraffin wraps;
- ultraviolet irradiation;
- puncture with removal of liquid;
- injections of corticosteroids and hormonal ointment.
hygroma treatment without surgery
An alternative method is conservativehygroma treatment without surgery using a laser, and endoscopy. This little traumatic methods of removing the ganglion. If endoscopy is a small incision and recovery after surgery is faster. If the surgeon decided to remove a cyst, he appointed a planned operation, made the following analyzes required to identify all irregularities that may be a contraindication for surgery with anesthesia:
- blood sugar;
- test for syphilis and hepatitis, HIV ..
The most effective way to treat ganglionIt is a complete excision of the capsule. A surgical procedure is carried out under local anesthesia. Lasts procedure for an hour, then the patient is sent home. Large complex formations are treated in a hospital. After opening the cavity inside everything is thoroughly washed, not to leave any cells altered tissue to prevent recurrence. The incision is sutured, drainage and putting the wound tightening the pressure bandage (tourniquet with duplikatury). For such action indication is great hygroma on the large joints.