A complex systemic disease, whichaccompanied by a lesion of the skin - is psoriasis. In a healthy body cells live 30-40 days, then there is their update. With the development of psoriasis skin cells life is 4-5 days. When they die, there are peeling, plaques, dry, etc. Treatment of psoriasis is always the initial stage is made easier, so it is important not to run the disease. Methods of treatment in progressive phase differ significantly. On the treatment of only the initial stage of psoriasis you look at the article.
The causes of the disease
In psoriasis disrupted severalsystems: endocrine, immune, nervous. By the end of the doctors have not figured out the cause of this disease is not invented a cure for psoriasis. Experts put forward the hypothesis of such disease:
- Virus. The causative agent of psoriasis can be retroviruses, which are inherited. In many patients, the changes were detected in the peripheral lymph nodes, which may indicate a viral nature of the disease.
- Immune. With weakened immunity and the violation of protective mechanisms at the cellular level, favorable conditions for the progression of psoriasis added. Among the causes of the disease are also listed autoimmune aggression process by which cells start to attack the body's own healthy cells.
- Infectious. Many researchers have sought psoriasis agents. Epidermofiton suspects, spirochetes, streptococci, but all assumptions were incorrect. However, scientists have found that infectious diseases: SARS, flu, sore throat are jogging mechanism in the development of psoriasis. In 90% of cases the disease is accompanied by tonsillitis.
- Genetic. Psoriasis is passed to the child from the parents. In 60% of patients have relatives suffering from this skin disease. If mom or dad diagnosed with psoriasis, the risk of a disease in a child increases by 25% if both parents are sick - 60%.
- Metabolic. Metabolic disorders (lipids, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals) can cause psoriasis. Patients often occur in disorders of the thyroid gland and other endocrine glands.
The main signs and symptoms
This local disease is not contagious. Damages the skin, nails and hair. In the epidermis there are small rash, which after a time are formed papules - lots of red or bright pink, protruding above the skin. From above they are covered with silvery scales (plaques). The papules may itch a little or not at all bother peeling unnoticed. First, the size of the affected areas of skin 1-2 mm, over time their value is estimated to be 10 cm or more.
Psoriasis is an initial stage: What areas of the body can affect the disease? The main symptoms of the disease in different locations:
- On his head. The skin of the head scaly red patches covered with a lot of flakes resembling dandruff. Hair is not involved in the pathological process. In patients experiencing pruritus. Skin lesions may spread to the neck and behind the ears.
- On the face. At the initial stage of psoriatic plaques are formed on the skin around the eyes, on the eyelids, in the area of the nasolabial folds and eyebrows. Occasionally psoriasis affects the mucous membrane of the mouth, cheeks, lips, tongue, lips outline a little more often.
- On hands. On the palms and between the fingers occur solitary papules red. The back of the hand is affected much less frequently. If spots are formed on the tips of the fingers, over time, lost their sensitivity. Psoriasis can go on the nails.
- On the elbows. At the initial stage of single elements having psoriasis, covered with silvery scales. Then they grow up in a continuous affected skin with scales that are easily removed, and the thin film. After this action stunned by area receives a pink-red color on it appear a drop of blood.
- On foot. He suffers from the skin of the foot and the back side of the leg. Symptoms are similar to those that occur in psoriasis elbows: in the initial stage there are small lesions, sprawling in the vast areas, there is a symptom of blood dew.
As treat psoriasis than in the initial stage
To cure psoriasis permanently - how is it really? Unfortunately, the answer is disappointing - it is an autoimmune disease can be corrected, but it is impossible to completely get rid of it. Treatment of psoriasis in the early stages gives excellent results and allows you to get rid of the visible manifestations of the disease. Traditional medicine uses ointments, lotions, solutions, therapeutic UV irradiation, systemic treatment agents. There babushkiny means, but they do not provide a stable result.
Patients with different types of psoriasis need tolearn the basics of the alkaline diet. Patients should eat foods, alkalizing the internal environment. Their share should be 65-75% of the acidic food - 25-35%. General recommendations:
- One-third of the diet - raw vegetables and fruits. Include beets menu, cabbage, carrots, greens, cucumber, onion, garlic, celery.
- Another third of the daily menu for psoriasis - complex carbohydrates and natural sweetness in limited quantities. Eat cereals (barley, buckwheat), dried fruit (raisins, dried apricots, figs).
- The last part of the diet - animal and vegetable proteins. Eat lean meat, fish, peas, beans, sunflower seeds, eggs, nuts. Polyunsaturated fatty acids also have to enter the menu.
- Drink at least 7-10 glasses of pure water a day. Alcohol is banned.
- Effective treatment refuse citrus, fatty dairy products and meat, chocolate, red products. Honey drink a minimum.
- Sweet, spicy, smoked and sour dishes is important to exclude from the diet because they are bad for the skin. The amount of salt should be reduced to a minimum.
Treatment of psoriasis in the early stages passes when assigning drugs. There are a number of groups:
Topical preparations: creams and ointments. Medicines composed of water, oil and emulsifier. They are enough to treat the initial stage of psoriasis. Effective cream with vitamin D:
- "Akriderm" "Betaderm". The skin should be treated twice a day, in milder forms of 1 per 24 hours. Duration of treatment drugs - 2-4 weeks.
- "Mesoderm". The frequency of treatment of the skin 1-2 times a day, the duration of the treatment - 1-2 weeks but no longer than 3 weeks.
Ointments are hormonal and non-hormonal. The second group is more secure, but not so effective. Experts often prescribe such drugs for psoriasis:
- Treatment of triamcinolone acetonide ( "Triakort" "Kenalog" "Ftorokord"). Hormonal treatments are rubbed into the skin 1-3 times in 24 hours of 5-10 days, a maximum of 25.
- flumethasone Treatment fludkortonolom, fluocinonide acetonide ( "lokakortena" "flutsinar" "Flukort"). Apply to skin surface 1-3 times every 24 hours for 1-2 weeks.
- Treatment of psoriasis not hormonal ointments: salicylic, "Akrustal", "Kartalik", "Dayvobet". For each drug -Seperate dosage and duration of use.
Pills. Treatment of psoriasis drugs often used to fight advanced stages. Popular tablets:
- "Psorilom". They are the answer to the question "what to treat psoriasis on the head?". However, the agent is effective if the skin lesions are not more than 20%. Course - 2-3 months, then a break for 30 days. It recommended tablet drink for 30 minutes before a meal or after 60 minutes, three times a day. The daily amount of pills - 8 pieces.
- "Neotigazon". It is used to treat advanced forms of psoriasis. Dosage for adults - 25-30 mg per day 2-4 weeks, and then increase the dose to 25-50 mg, drink 6-8 weeks. The drug should be taken only as directed by a doctor!
Systemic therapy. Her character (dosage, duration of therapy) defines only a doctor for treatment of advanced disease. One of the most effective drugs for chronic psoriasis - "Methotrexate":
- It accelerates cell division.
- Administered intravenously.
Other powerful drugs for the treatment of psoriasis - preparations:
The complex is used:
- fatty acid;
- Allergy means;
- preparations for removing toxins from the intestines.
What is psoriasis and how to treat it? Important complex therapy. At the initial stage of psoriasis is a proper diet, the use of local products and physiotherapy treatment. Recent focus on:
- decrease in excitability of the central nervous system;
- normalization of the psychological state of the patient;
- reduction of pruritus;
- acceleration of resorption of psoriatic plaques.
- Excellent treatment with a calming effect.
- Thanks to the full restoration of the body's papules are reduced in size, and the disease goes into remission.
- Psoriasis patients need to go 8-10 minutes duration 20-60 procedures.
- At the first session the patient immersed in shallow sleep, and then go into the deep.
- The affected skin is treated with X-rays, which speed up the process of absorption of psoriasis plaques.
- The method of treatment involves the use of soft X-rays.
- One session is held once every 4-7 days, the total dose of radiation is safe (3.5-4 Gy).
- Skin treated with ultrasound vibrations with frequencies 800-3000 kHz.
- The procedure eliminates the inflammation, itching and pain, reduces sensitivity to allergens and kills bacteria.
- The cycle covers procedures 8-14 sessions, each of which lasts fifteen minutes.
Among other effective against psoriasisfiziometodov worth noting cryotherapy, immersion in a magnetic field, current treatment, laser. Psoriasis treatment at home may be associated with reception of sea salt baths (1 L of water 5 g of salt, temperature - 37-38 ° C, duration 15 minutes, 15-20 daily sessions). With the advent of the disease it is important to go to a sanatorium and participate in wellness programs.
Psoriasis is treated effectively by treating the affectedUltraviolet skin areas. The wavelength should be 311-313 nm, but the specialist may recommend another emission spectrum. The patient is immersed in a special chamber equipped with ultraviolet lamps. Before that, he takes photosensitizing drugs that increase the effectiveness of treatment. An effective method of UV therapy - PUVA therapy. the wavelength is 320-400 nm. To achieve a good outcome of treatment, the patient takes 25 exposures, whereby 80% of the affected areas will disappear.
Effective folk remedies for treatment at home
In the initial stage of psoriasis can use the popular recipes:
- Oil Treatment of chicken eggs. To get half a cup of funds require 20 eggs home. Cook the product for 15 minutes after boiling. You will need the yolks. They knead into mush, and sauté in a pan without oil on low heat for 45 minutes. Cooked weight shift onto the cheesecloth and squeeze. Oil smear the affected area 1-2 times a day until complete elimination of the symptoms of psoriasis.
- the initial treatment of complex ointmentpsoriasis. Ingredients: 50 g birch tar, 20 g of grease or petroleum jelly, 10 g of boric acid, 30 g of honey, 1 egg protein, 10 g fat fish. Keep the vehicle in a dark corner. Lubricate papules 1-2 times a day.
- Treatment of celandine juice. Fresh juice of the roots of the treated skin area affected by disease. Doing this at an early stage but daily throughout the summer season, three in a row.
Features of treatment in children
Do not use folk remedies againstgrowing organism. They are not always effective, and the delay in this case is absolutely unacceptable. In the event of an initial stage of psoriasis parents must show the child a dermatologist who will prescribe a comprehensive examination and treatment. If the disease has not spread much, children prescribed ointments and creams for topical skin: keratolytics and anti-inflammatory drugs.
With tar-sulfuric acid or salicylic ointmentremove the top layer of plaque psoriasis. To do this, make a bandage on the skin, impregnated with an active agent, which is removed after 3-5 hours. Then the child has to take a bath with a string - it will painlessly remove the crust. Last stage of treatment - the skin is applied to drugs with corticosteroids at the dosage prescribed by the doctor. Children prescribed antihistamines and vitamin complexes.
What is the initial stage of psoriasis - photo
The first stage is accompanied by psoriasis lesionsindividual body skin. If you notice an eruption as in the photo, rush to the dermatologist. Do not be vain to hope, though she dare challenge. This skin disease is complex, requires a quick and comprehensive treatment. The earlier a person goes to a specialist, the more favorable will be the outcome. Successful therapy leads to rapid remission and restore quality of life.