Redness of the skin occurs in many people andIt considered common. This is not a separate disease and frequently a symptom of another disease. flushing of the skin indicates a problem with the human autonomic system. This phenomenon is not contagious, but man creates some discomfort in life inconvenience. Ignore these symptoms should not be, because they can indicate serious pathology to be treated. Often there is congestion in women after age 40, but occurs in infants, men.
What is the flushing of the skin
flushing of the skin causes an increase orblood flow to the overflow portion of the human body, because of which there is a clear redness. The name is composed of two Greek words: "blood" and "super". Literally translated as the disease "congestion". Given the affected area, are two types of congestion: focal and widespread. They differ by the following features:
- Focal hyperemia manifested in the form of individualspots on different parts of the body because of the sores, ulcers, gastritis, duodenal ulcer or gastric. This type of congestion may occur in inflammation of the pancreas or after surgery on it.
- Common hyperemia manifested in different parts of the body (including mucus) in succession or simultaneously covers a larger area than alopecia.
Symptoms and signs of congestion
Sometimes flushing can be confused with other skin diseases that have similar symptoms, such as hyperthermia. To diagnose the disease you need to pay attention to the following manifestations:
- Redness of the skin accompanied by fever. For example, a person describes that "skin burns" on the face.
- Bright, rich color redness.
- Reddish lesions appear unnatural and painful.
- Inflammation of the long runs, is permanent.
- Peeling of the skin, especially in the soles, palms of the hands.
It is noted that in some cases hyperemiamay be loose, it occurs in the form of spots. Hiding symptoms include acceleration of blood flow through the arteries and veins, vasodilatation (varicose veins). Often reddening cheeks occurs in newborns, babies yearling that is often the result of improper feeding or a reaction to milk. To experience is not necessary, it is not a sign of congestion.
This type of congestion occurs on the background of the activeblood flow through the arteries due to a problem with the outflow of venous blood. Against the background of its accumulation occurs reddening of the skin or internal organ, increase in tissue turgor, fever, lymph formation and acceleration of lymph flow. This is due to a sharp decrease or increase the tone of the vasoconstrictor and vasodilator nerves.
Flushing is a consequence of this kind ofdisorders of blood outflow through the vascular system because of compression of the venous wall or weakening of the heart muscle. Symptoms of the disease will slow blood flow, which may stop altogether for complications. Against the background of venous congestion begins anoxia of tissues, which leads to tissue edema, increased vascular permeability.
- Reactive hyperemia. It appears when the blood supply to the tissues cease for a period of a few seconds to a couple of hours, and then restored inflows and increases in 4-7 times the norm. This increase is maintained for the time that he was away.
- Active hyperemia. When switching fabric in active state (muscle contraction, intense mental activity) increases the blood flow to the tissues. This is due to the acceleration of metabolism due to the need for more nutrients. This happens due to increased blood flow in the expansion vessel.
- The temporary reddening of the skin occurs when the jumpbody temperature, burst emotional state, increasing the intensity of physical activity, mechanical action on the skin (flushing reflex). Usually manifested in certain areas locally.
- The disease can develop against the background of other ailments.
The worst manifestation of the disease is consideredredness of the skin. Calling this may several reasons, for example, an emotional outburst (blushing in shame) and physical activity (running, jumping, and other cardio). Flushing of the face in men occurs much less frequently than women and usually indicates the presence of other diseases. Possible causes of such manifestations of redness of the skin on the face:
- Manifestation of the disease in the nose area, eyelids and around the eyes, cheeks indicates possible presence of systemic lupus erythematosus.
- When scarlet fever can diffuse redness of the skin around the mouth.
- In various cases, the disease becomes a symptom of such diseases:
- diffuse toxic goiter;
- chronic sinusitis.
Flushing is localized not only on the face, but also inneck, arms, legs, chest. The cause is the same - accumulation of blood in the arteries and veins of the poor outflow. In men, these symptoms may be a manifestation of severe rosacea disease. It is characterized by persistent illness subcutaneous vascular lesions. Localized redness at disease of the nose, cheeks, chin or forehead.
Treatment hyperemic skin
Treatment of the disease is assigned a dermatologist afterexamination, investigation can be administered if necessary. After that the optimal course be possible to assign that consists of simple rules, which include:
- the exclusion of any means for skin care with a drying effect;
- use of protective ointment, cream;
- use a soft sponge in the processing of the affected areas with warm water;
- administration of drugs to normalize the blood circulation.
In the event of the disease there are a number of contraindications, which fits all. Most of them belong to the field of personal hygiene. If skin flushing should be avoided:
- strong wind;
- paraffin masks;
- face massage;
- steam baths.
To prevent disease, it should benormalize the bowels, stomach via exclusion of food spices, spicy foods, caffeine and taurine, alcohol. Wash is recommended only warm (not hot or cold) water then blotted movements to remove moisture from the face. After this light, stroking movements apply a protective cream.