Inflammatory skin diseases are mostdifferent nature, but by one of the actuators is a pathological process saprofitovoy fungus flora. He lives on the skin of each, but under favorable conditions for reproduction causes seborrheic dermatitis on the face. What to do in such a case, because the look is so important for a person? The instructions below will help to understand how to get rid of seborrhea in infants and adults.
What is seborrheic dermatitis
The term "dermatitis" is meant an inflammationskin due to the effect of provoking factors, such as mechanical or chemical stimuli. Further, the cause may be a matter of vegetable or animal origin. Seborrheic dermatitis of the skin is not contagious. It is connected directly with the sebum production is increased due to the malfunctioning of the glands.
The symptoms of seborrheic dermatitis
In seborrheic dermatitis, fungal bacteriaonce in the sebaceous glands of the skin, leading to inflammation, their decomposition products and further aggravate the situation. Often a complication of the disease becomes clogged pores that leads to acne and purulent formations. It affects the eyebrows, forehead, nose, wings, cheeks and behind the ears. In addition, notes the following symptoms of seborrheic dermatitis on the face:
- itching sensation, which is enhanced with the release of sweat;
- redness and irritation of the skin;
- peeling flakes of white or yellow color;
- tenderness and sensitivity of the skin;
A distinctive feature of seborrheic dermatitis is that medicine can not safely be called the reasons for the defeat of their skin. There are the following accurately studied factors:
- Heredity. The function of the sebaceous glands of the skin is written in the genetic code, so seborrheic dermatitis runs in families and appears frequently with relatives.
- Hormonal disorders. Enhanced synthesis in the body of the male sex hormone androgen is a stimulant increased sebum production. This explains why men suffer illness often. Women infected with seborrheic dermatitis, when the number of female hormones such as estrogen.
- Diseases contagious or infectious nature. Among the diseases that are the cause of seborrheic dermatitis of the face, marked tumor, epilepsy, diabetes, stress and fatigue.
How does the fungus on the face
The main manifestation of seborrheic dermatitisperforms scaling, well-marked on the skin. For this reason, the disease is often confused with psoriasis, but the knowledge of the differences of these diseases makes it easy to separate them. For seborrheic dermatitis of the skin face is characterized by:
- Clear boundaries of the lesions.
- Lack areas without scales.
- Color scales yellow and greasy appearance.
- Psoriasis is characterized by the following:
- skin lesions have irregular borders.
- There have been areas where the skin is not peeling.
- The scales are dry and have a silver hue.
Seborrheic dermatitis on the face shownespecially enlarged pores. In addition, changing the color of the epidermis, it becomes similar to an orange peel, and even thicker. A person becomes an unnatural shine, shiny. Joining seborrheic dermatitis on the skin infection is expressed as acne, black spots or comedones. If infection spreads to the scalp, the strands quickly oily, stuck together and strongly shine.
Dry seborrheic dermatitis often developsdue to violations of the immune system, high physical or emotional stress, and stress. This form of skin infection leads to disruptions in the natural exfoliation process of cells. It is manifested as an increased peeling of the epidermis. The scales at the same time changing its color from white to yellow. This effect is often manifested on the eyelashes and eyebrows.
seborrheic dermatitis treatment
As with any disease, therapy is directedfirst to eliminate seborrheic dermatitis provoking factor. If the cause lies in other ailments, it is necessary first to cure them, otherwise you can only remove the symptoms of seborrhea, but it will soon be back again. Seborrheic dermatitis of the skin requires a consultation with a dermatologist and endocrinologist. In addition, inspections are not excluded gastroenterologist, a neurologist and an andrologist or gynecologist.
For more effective exposure therapy you need to follow a few simple rules when seborrheic dermatitis of the skin:
- Avoid harsh products for facials.
- Among cleansing the skin means a person chosen gels andlotion with anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal action. These components include salicylic acid, tea tree oil, lithium salts, ketoconazole.
- Limit the application to the skin means having in its structure alcohol.
Ointments and creams
Among external preparations, the following hormonal, immune stimulating or antifungal ointment for the face:
- "Elidel". It refers to the immunostimulant group. It is indicated for short-term or long-term treatment of eczema in adults or grudnichka. Only newborns face fungus can be treated by this means no sooner than they reach 3 months. It is necessary to distribute a thin layer to the affected areas up to 2 times daily. Then gently rub the movements until completely absorbed.
- "Elokim". Ointment for seborrheic dermatitis of the group of hormonal agents. Shown in inflammation and itching with dermatoses. The tool is applied a thin layer on the damaged site only 1 time per day.
- "Nizoral". Cream belonging to the group of antifungal. Indications are ringworm, seborrheic dermatitis, skin candidiasis. It should be applied depending on the affected area one or two times a day.
Among tablets stand exposure methodseveral groups of drugs. The first are antibacterial drugs, for example, "Doxycycline". Assuming it can both adults and children from 12 years. Dosage amounts for them on the first day to 200 mg, divided into 2 doses. In the following days, it must be reduced to 100 mg. Stand out even more effective drugs:
- "Loratadine". Antihistamine tablets or syrup that is suitable for children. It has antipruritic effect in seborrheic dermatitis. For adults and children from 12 years daily dose is 10 mg, and one-time reception. Child from 2 to 12 years of age should be reduced to half this amount. Price of tablets from 15 p.
- "Multitabs". Vitamins with seborrheic dermatitis. Showing to replenish the stock of minerals and trace elements. They include vitamins such as A, B, D and E must Take 1 tablet daily. The dose is intended for adults and children from 4 years. Price from 600 p.
Recipes informal medicine offer different ways to combat seborrheic dermatitis:
- Honey and water. Connect the components in a ratio of 1 to 9. The finished solution, wipe the affected skin, gently massaging it. Rinse residues means only a few hours.
- A decoction of oak bark. About half an hour boil a mixture of ground bark and water, taken in the ratio of 1: 5. In the finished broth stir for 1 hour. L. honey. Clean damaged areas, washing away the remnants of tools in 2-3 hours.
- Insist on the basis of the collection of herbs. In equal parts, take the flowers of calendula, chamomile and plantain leaves (1 tbsp. L. Per cup of boiling water). Pour into a thermos and leave for the night. Treat dermatitis affected areas of the face in the morning and evening after washing.
Diet for seborrheic dermatitis
Dietary food for the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis of the skin involves the exclusion from the diet of precipitating factors, such as:
- Strawberry Raspberry;
- fish and seafood allergies to them;
- fast food;
- pickled and smoked products;
- drinks - coffee, tomato juice, soda, alcohol.
Proper diet with seborrheic dermatitis include:
- Vegetables - cabbage, carrots, zucchini, squash, beets.
- Fruits - apricots, apples, pears.
- Cereal - oatmeal, buckwheat, barley.
- Egg yolks.
- The meat - chicken, goose, liver, lungs, tongue, heart.
- Reviews of treatment
Tatiana, 35 years: With seborrheic dermatitis fighting constantly, but as soon as I cease to smear cream, the symptoms come back immediately. A few weeks ago began to add tea tree oil in a cleanser and shampoo, so as not to spread the disease on the scalp. It helped!
Alexander, 43 years: From ointments and creams clog the pores even more, so I'm using pills. Copes with itching with seborrheic dermatitis "Loratadine". In addition, occasionally I drink vitamins for overall strengthening of the body. The main thing - do not leave without attention to yourself, and to be treated in a timely manner, then the symptoms of seborrheic dermatitis on the skin no longer appear.