Intracranial tumors are common. Of the 1,000 oncology 15 - with a similar localization. Intracranial space-occupying lesions threaten the health and life of humans. If time does not begin treatment, the consequence - the inevitable death.
Causes of brain tumor
The disease is primary or secondary. If there oncology, blood flow carries cancer cells throughout the body, it begins to develop a secondary disease. It is not regarded as independent. The causes leading to the emergence of the primary disease, insufficiently studied. The only established the culprit of disease - radiation. The remaining risk factors do not have full scientific evidence in neurology.
Causes of brain tumors:
- Heredity (Gorlin syndrome, Turco).
- Papillomavirus type 16, 18.
- Age features (for children 3-12 years old, adults over 45).
- Violations of fetal development.
- The radiation (electromagnetic, radiation).
There are other factors that trigger the developmentneoplasms. Primary brain tumors often appear later inflammatory processes in the body, lowering immunity. The foregoing factors are generally not give rise to malignancy volume, but may become a catalyst under certain circumstances related.
Classification of tumors
Neoplasms of the brain make up 5% of allhis defeats. They are grouped by grade, localization (stem, hypothalamus, cerebellum), histologic composition and other properties. Based on the histology, brain tumors are divided into 4 groups. Each code is assigned to the ICD. According to statistics, 60% of tumors are cancer.
Classification of brain tumors by name diseased tissue:
- Neuroma. Education in cranial and paraspinal nerves.
- Meningiomas. Neoplasms in the meninges.
- Neuroepithelial Education:
- glial education;
- anaplastic ependymoma;
- pineoblastoma et al.
Benign brain tumor
Such diseases (dermoid cyst,cystic-solid tumors and others.) require no less attention than cancer. The tumor in the brain can be benign or malignant, but this division is very conditional. The volume of the cranium is small. The cells were benign, growing closely surrounding tissue. Because of this, rising intracranial pressure, significant damaged nerve centers.
Benign brain tumors, as well asoncological disease is dangerous for the human body. Regardless of the species, it requires time to identify tumors of the head, begin to heal the sick. In this case, often given a positive outlook. Half of all benign tumors can be successfully treated, but if nothing is done, there is a possibility of its transformation into oncology.
Malignant brain tumor
Cancer prone to sprawl, rarely curable. Weather is always serious. No effective methods of cancer prevention, it is difficult to diagnose and cure. The bulk of education is divided into 4 classes. The greatest threat is brain cancer stage III and IV. It is growing rapidly, often becoming multiforme. Unlike cancer elsewhere in the body, a malignant brain tumor is not prone to metastasize. The rapid spread of abnormal cells in the body is not excluded.
Brain tumor - symptoms
The disease manifests various symptoms. It all depends on the lesion, the size of tumors. The main symptom is considered to be pain. Observed and other signs of brain tumors:
- Pathology of physical activity;
- high pressure (intracranial, ocular);
- loss of vision and hearing;
- depression, euphoria;
- loss of appetite, and others.
Swelling of the brain - the symptoms at an early stage
Often the occurrence of disease does notappears. Often the disease is detected experts accident (during tomographic studies at autopsy). The first signs are perceptible when overgrown tumor in the head begins to compress the surrounding tissue. Under the influence of intracranial neoplasms developing hypertension (high blood pressure).
Symptoms of brain tumors in the early stages as follows:
- pain (80%);
- blurred vision (70%);
- dizziness (50%);
- convulsions (30%).
Headaches with brain tumors
Cephalalgia (headache) - commonstate. The question arises as a headache with a brain tumor. To distinguish this symptom manifestations of other pathologies can only know its signs:
- constant pain have pulsing character;
- It increases the intensity by changing the position, coughing, blowing the nose, low voltages;
- pain gets worse in the morning, weakened during the day;
- intensity as migraine;
- painkillers are ineffective.
The manifestation of symptoms is amplified in the morningwatch because in the tissues of the affected organ, per night accumulates fluid causing swelling. Often the headache is accompanied by confusion, fainting and other symptoms of a brain tumor. No need to spend time on the traditional methods of treatment. If the symptoms do not disappear within three days, you should immediately consult a doctor.
Brain Tumor - Diagnosis
First performed neurological examination. The doctor will check the functioning bodies, whose activities are dependent on specific brain regions. Neurological examination conducted research:
- reflexes (knee, pupillary, corneal, etc.);
- tactile sensitivity;
- motor functions;
A further diagnosis of a brain tumor is performed using:
- Different types of radiological studies (CT, MRI, pneumography, angiography). So determine the exact location, direction of growth of tumors, histological structure.
- PET (positron emission tomography). The method helps to identify the degree of development of brain tumors.
- Neurosonography - US varieties. It makes the child, if the child is one year old.
- SPECT (single photon emission CT).
- EEG (electroencephalography).
- MEG (magnetoencephalography).
- Lumbar puncture, which is designed for the study of cerebrospinal fluid.
- Biopsy - obtaining a sample of tissue for examination under a microscope. This analysis allows us to determine the type of neoplasm cells.
Removal of brain tumor
Priority method of treating a disease -surgical intervention. Due to the isolation of brain tumor drugs do not reach the target. Drug therapy is used only for the temporary relief of the patient's state of health, together with surgical methods. There may be complete, partial or two-stage removal of education. If it is impossible to completely eliminate the tumor, such as cancer, unresectable neoplastic last extent to facilitate patient applied palliative surgery, reducing tumor and fluid pressure on the brain.
Removal of tumors is carried out as follows:
- stereotactic method;
- Endoscopic craniotomy;
- getting rid of the individual cranial bones.
Surgery to remove a brain tumorpasses with the use of advanced surgical techniques. Perhaps a non-invasive and minimally invasive procedures. This reduces the risk of complications and improving prognosis. To remove a brain tumor often used radiosurgery (gamma knife and cyber). With irradiation destroyed the tumor cells without damaging healthy tissue. After removal of the patient education is assigned a course of rehabilitation.