Urea and creatinine - the final products of decaysubstances. They stand out through the kidneys in the urine. The first indicator is also used to neutralize the ammonia - an extremely hazardous substance for us, so reducing its level is a sign of intoxication. Let's find out why it is so important to know the level of both blood parameters.
Why carry out a blood test for creatinine and urea
Without urea will not work to bring the finalmetabolic decay products. By the way there are many functions of urea and creatinine is in the blood, it can be determined by normal body and whether any disease. Figuring creatinine level will reveal the presence of lung inflammation, problems with the thyroid gland, intestinal obstruction, disruption of the liver, diabetes.
urea content analysis donethe diagnosis of liver cirrhosis, kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, toxic lesions and hepatitis. But the determination of creatinine concentration analysis is done:
- to see the negative effects of drugs;
- to monitor renal function prior to and following surgery;
- in the treatment of urological diseases and pregnancy;
- to oversee how the protein synthesis in the body.
Analysis, done correctly, will show whether the kidneys are functioning normally:
- Blood Urea synthesis is the resultsquirrel. Secreted by the liver, it promotes the concentration of urine. The kidneys clean the blood from her, so its high content indicates a failure of the treatment and renal function.
- Creatinine is the result of protein breakdown. Therefore, athletes who consume more protein, the rate is too high.
Exact figures are not available definition of the norm, asthey are individual. There is only the extreme limits for which it is better not to go. In the adult is 2.5 - 6.4 mmol / l. The same situation with creatinine, but we must remember that if you consume a lot of protein foods, even if you have a reduced performance, their values can be in the normal range, which is 50 - 115 mmol / l.
The rate depends on many factors - gender, age, affect performance on sports, taste preferences in food:
- In infants, it is 1,2-5,3 mmol / l.
- Children under 14 years will be the norm concentration of 1,8-6,5 mg / dL.
- To give up to sixty years is acceptable content of 2.3 - 6.6, and for men - 3,7-7,4 mmol / l.
- For people over the age of sixty years - from 2.8 to 7.5 mmol / L. On the performance impact sports, taste preferences in food.
If the blood in excess of urea, it is worthattend - kidney disease in the list of reasons in the first place. Increasing evidence of high levels of residual nitrogen. If a person has chronic renal failure, the blood will be such indicators: 40,0-50,0 mmol / l. Very high numbers, such as 49,8-81,0 mmol / l and above, are observed in acute renal failure. Reduce the indicators can be folk remedies or medications.
Performance may be slightly changed due toindividual to individual, but diseases such as renal failure, clearly lead to an increase in the level of this indicator. If the work is defective kidneys, increases the residual nitrogen level in the bloodstream. Increased concentration can cause suspicion of pneumonia, liver, jaundice leptospirosis, jaundice, typhoid.
Reducing the level of urea - a rare phenomenon. The reason for it can be a starvation diet, vegetarian lifestyle, providing a large number of plant foods, but does not allow the consumption of fish, meat, dairy products, ie protein. Low levels of it can be during pregnancy, when a woman's body a lot of protein consumed in the development of the child after dialysis.
If the blood urea decreased, you should beatalarm - failed in the liver. The list of reasons even cirrhosis, hepatic coma, poisoning by arsenic or phosphorus, excessive fluid intake, hepatitis (such its variants, such as hepatodystrophy necrosis of the liver). This can occur in acromegaly, ie excessive growth of certain body parts at extremely high levels of growth hormone.
Where and how to analyze urea and creatinine
Before you take the analysis, you need at leasteight, and best of all twelve hours of fasting. It is necessary to give up coffee, tea and juice, drink only water. Timely handed analysis and identification of anomalies will allow time to take action and prevent the development of diseases. Make a procedure can be in a laboratory at the clinic.