Only a few decades ago,ultrasound doctors did not know, today they are sent to analyze almost every patient to clarify the diagnosis. The patient can only follow the recommendations of the physician and carefully prepare.
How to prepare for an abdominal ultrasound
Some people believe that the accuracy of ultrasound dependsonly by medical staff skills and originality of equipment. To a large extent correct statement, but it is often difficult to interpret the results can be seen from the patients with overweight or due to ignorance of the patient. Yes, an important part of the front abdominal ultrasound - preparation of the patient.
medical requirements will be conditioned by what authority you need to enlighten on the equipment screen:
- The examination of the pancreas or the stomach necessary to abandon the foods that cause fermentation in the gut.
- When the doctor wants to see the bladder, the prostate, the gall bladder, you need to drink 0.5-1.5 minutes before taking it 60-120 minutes before drinking.
- Evaluate the health of the mammary glands only 1-2 weeks after the beginning of the menstrual cycle.
- By examination of the lymph nodes, heart, liver, kidneys, it is not necessary to prepare the thyroid gland.
Remember that before you start to prepare for the USabdominal organs. be sure to inform the doctor about the presence of serious chronic diseases and medication, including oral contraceptives. From most of the drugs have to be abandoned. The only exceptions are "cordial" medicines. In this case, you can simply alert the diagnostician.
Preparing for an abdominal ultrasound in adults
Besides the basic medical aspects, before undergoing analysis with ultrasound on any internal organ is necessary:
- At least 2 hours before the procedure to give up tobacco, including no smoking electronic cigarettes.
- If diabetes was diagnosed before you study, ask the doctor to test for the morning hours. Patients with such problems should not be too long to indulge in food.
- Report sonologu if was made chest x-ray and rectum. In this case, before the surrender other tests will take some time.
- In adults, preparation for abdominal ultrasound also implies abandonment of antispasmodics. For this purpose is better to ask for advice from your doctor.
How to prepare for an abdominal ultrasound woman
Usually a woman does not make any preparationscertainly. A slightly different preparation for ultrasound of the abdominal cavity in women with only 1 to 13 weeks of pregnancy. It involves a certain diet for at least 2 days. It is advisable to exclude gas-forming products from your menu:
- carbonated drinks.
Starting from the 14th week of pregnancy and up to thebirth, before preparing for the ultrasound of the abdomen (even if the purpose of the study is included in the inspection of the liver and kidneys), relies in the morning and the night before not to eat. Otherwise, the food remains in the gut can distort the overall picture. This point is especially important when sonolog wants to look at the bile duct.
Abdominal ultrasound baby - Preparation
If all adults understand how to prepare the child for an abdominal ultrasound for many parents a mystery. In fact, even for the smallest-diagnosticians, scientists have developed a few rules:
- To the procedure, babies are allowed on an empty stomach, that is, Mom should miss one feeding.
- Older children, this interval is increased to 4 hours. It is impossible to drink for 60-80 minutes before examination by a doctor.
- The main rule on how to prepare for an ultrasound of the abdominal organs of a child under 14 years of age is: no food for 8 hours and a complete ban on drinks before taking the diagnosis.
What can you eat before the ultrasound of the abdominal cavity?
To avoid errors in interpretation, a few days before delivery of the analysis of a patient doctor will prescribe a special diet. Sample menu will consist of the following list of products:
- boiled beef;
- chicken without skin;
- steam fish low-fat varieties;
- boiled egg;
- oat, barley or buckwheat.
Strict preparation for ultrasound of the abdominal cavity organsconsiders and the fact that you need to eat in small portions with an interval of 2-3 hours. Drinks are allowed only after an hour from eating. At the same time, one should not drink sweet soda, coffee or tea with sugar, kefir or yogurt, or other sour-milk products. Drink warm water.
Regarding whether it is possible in front of the abdominal ultrasoundcavity, each qualified expert will tell you that the study relies on an empty stomach to do. Otherwise, your stomach just do not have time to digest the food, the monitor image distorted, and the result will be inaccurate. The only exception is the case where the analysis will be carried out in the afternoon period: may be a light breakfast.
Can I drink the water in front of abdominal ultrasound?
The use of liquid before the procedure is anothera controversial moment of preparation. Answer unequivocally what to drink - tea or water - it is impossible, without knowing the situation, no self-respecting doctor can. Much will depend on the purpose of the study
- If you want to see the condition of the bladder, prostate and kidney, before the procedure you need to drink about 3 glasses of still carbonated beverage.
- When watching the heart, liver, arteries and lymph nodes, there is no need to drink liquids.
- The same rule applies to the organs of the digestive tract.
Can I drink before an abdominal ultrasound for children? Teens and preschoolers to hike to the hospital may be a few glasses of water. Babies who suffer from constipation for four days gives a couple of tablespoons of dill waters. Adults clean the intestines to help a glass of honey water with lemon. Take it must be for 2 days before the expected date.
What you can not eat in front of abdominal ultrasound
In addition to the list of permitted food andbeverages, medical diet will contain a list of prohibited products. Basically it is the food, which can cause bloating and flatulence. The list of what can not be eaten before the ultrasound, small, it includes:
- any soda, coffee and alcohol;
- cottage cheese, sour cream and other dairy products;
- yeast pastries, fresh bread;
- fatty fish fillets, meat and offal.