Profiteroles with custard - easy and delicious dessert. Profiteroles - small (less than 4 cm in diameter), culinary specialties of the French choux pastry with various fillings.
Ingredients - 8 servings
Wheat flour 210 gr
¼ teaspoon salt
Eggs 4 pieces
Gelatin 5 g
Cream 35% -s' 200 ml
Vanilla Pod 1 piece
Egg yolk 6 pieces
How to cook the custard profiterole
1.Zamochit gelatin in a small amount of water. In a separate saucepan, mix milk, 100 g of cream and vanilla bean, cut in half. At the request of you can get vanilla seeds and add them to the milk mixture. Bring to a slow boil.
2. Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks mix (previously separated them from protein), 135 g sugar, 70 grams of flour and a pinch of salt. Slowly pour in the milk mixture, as follows vymeshivaya to avoid lumps. If desired, it can be done in a blender.
3. Pour the mixture into a saucepan. On low heat to heat the sauce, constantly interfering, until the mixture thickens and surface bubbles are formed. It takes about a minute. Stir gelatin and immediately remove from heat, so that the mass does not overheat. Pour into a bowl and cover with foil so that it fits snugly to the sauce. Hide in the fridge for 3 hours. If lumps in the sauce still formed, it is rubbed through a sieve after it cools down.
4. For the test, in a small saucepan warm 1 cup of water and melt 90 g butter, cut into small cubes. Reduce the heat to low, add 140 grams of flour and ¼ teaspoon salt. Stir and cook until the dough until it begins to easily keep up with a skillet, about 1 minute. Transfer to a large bowl. With the mixer, enter the 4 eggs one at a time, stirring well. Cover with foil to cool for 1 hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 220 C. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Put the dough into a pastry bag with a round nozzle. Squeeze small balls on the prepared baking sheet, leaving between them of about 1 cm. The top of trample wet fingertips.
6. Bake until golden brown, about 23 minutes. Remove from the oven, pierce each ball with the tip of a knife, let cool.
7. For caramel sauce, 265 g sugar and 1/3 cup water heat to simmer until until the sugar dissolved. Increase the heat, and without interfering with more caramel to cook a beautiful amber color. From time to time, the edge of a saucepan can be lubricated with silicone brush dipped in water. Add 100 grams of cream, butter, how to stir whisk and remove from heat.
8. The cooled cream in a pastry bag to pass. Fill the profiteroles with cream and dip each in caramel sauce.