The child may develop allergic reactionsOn any external stimulus - dust, food, surrounding objects of everyday life and animal hair. This can occur at any age as a result of immature digestive system, reduced immunity or individual characteristics of the body. Of course, this pathology requires treatment. How is allergy manifested in children, and by what method can you determine the source of the disease?
Allergies in the child - provoking factors
Allergic response of the immune system in children occurs as a result of contact with allergens. For the convenience of diagnosis of the disease, they are divided into several categories:
- Household allergens - dust, cosmetics and household chemicals.
- Food allergens - exotic fruits, seafood, honey, synthetic additives in products.
- Pollen allergens are pollen of trees, flowers, grasses.
- Medicinal allergens - all drugs, including homeopathy.
- Epidermal allergens - a protein present in animal hair, dandruff, insect life products.
- Infectious allergens - spores of fungi, viruses, parasites, bacteria.
Allergy in children manifests itself in different ways. It can be a rash, cough, asthma attacks, flatulence, rhinitis, puffiness, itching, wheezing, dermatitis.
Allergies in the child - laboratory methods of diagnosis
The most reliable way to determine the cause of an allergy is a laboratory study:
- Allergoproby - an informative skin test "inVivo ", which allows to clearly identify the pathogen. The procedure involves applying to the skin area or mucous allergens-provocateurs with further study of the response of the body. Allergic tests are shown after 3 years and are conducted by an allergist in the conditions of a medical institution.
- The blood test for the level of immunoglobulin IgE -An informative and safe method for studying venous blood. He has no age restrictions and is shown to children from the fifth day after birth. At the same time, there is no risk of developing an acute allergic reaction to the allergen, as in allergic tests. In this way more than 200 kinds of antigens are determined.
Before carrying out both procedures, the child should be at least 7 days on a sparing diet, physical and emotional stresses must be excluded.
Allergies in a child - definition of an allergen without laboratory tests
If it is not possible to carry out skin tests or take blood from the vein, you can try to find out the cause of the allergy yourself:
- Keeping a food diary. This method will work if the food-borne allergy. On the advice of an allergist, all potential allergens are removed from the diet, and then one is offered to the child one at a time. In this case, parents should record the reaction of the body to each product in the diary.
- Alternate elimination of contact antigens. It is important to determine what has changed in the environment 5-10 days before the onset of allergies, and then isolate the child from this object. And it can be a washing powder, shampoo, a toy, furniture, mold, paints and even new utensils, therefore it is necessary to take into account any trifle.
- Seasonal manifestation of allergy. If the allergy is manifested in the spring-summer period, it is necessary to exclude the influence of pollen of plants.
It is very important to find the source of allergens in time,Which affect the immune system of the baby. The method of waiting or ignoring the problem will lead to the transition of the disease into a chronic form, which can doom the child to lifelong treatment for allergies.