The etiology of this disease can be verydiverse: parasitic, viral, bacterial. And first, who to contact - a gastroenterologist. If there are problems with the small intestine, it determines the cause and prescribe a course of procedures that will help avoid severe complications as well as the chronic form of the disease. However, in the umbilicus pain can be caused by other reasons.
With what may be related abdominal pain?
- The attack of appendicitis. Constant pain near the navel or the upperhalf of the abdomen. Sometimes it spreads throughout the abdomen or in the right iliac region. Address to the doctor necessarily, since a state of neglect appendicitis poses an immediate threat to life.
- small bowel volvulus. Manifested by sudden sharp pains observed in the navel area, at least at the bottom or right side of the abdomen. It is also an early sign of colon volvulus is vomiting.
- intestinal colic. Abdominal pain diffuse nature with no clear localization occurring shortly after a meal.
- aortic aneurysm. Deep, aching pain occurs in the abdominal region, accompanied by discomfort and throbbing. Possible spread to other areas (chest, sides and lower back).
- Umbilical hernia. Abdominal pain that occurs during exercise or coughing. Accompanied by a protrusion of the navel, and sometimes nausea and vomiting.
- cancer of the small intestine. At the initial stage of the disease manifests itselfcolicky pain in the navel area, bloating, stool disorders (constipation or diarrhea), nausea, vomiting. It is a fatal disease and to delay the treatment is not a specialist. Timely detection of cancer of the small intestine to treat.
- Abdominal migraine. Most are children, usually pre-school age. The disease is manifested severe paroxysmal pain in the navel area, as well as nausea, vomiting, flatulence, bloating, diarrhea.
Any pain that appears in the abdomen near the navel- A kind of signal the body the disease. Do not self-medicate and to take all sorts of painkillers, there must be a medical examination.