The life of every cell in our body can notwithout oxygen. But just enough to breathe. The oxygen to be delivered to each cell. During this process corresponds to hemoglobin that carries oxygen from the lungs to the cells, and then the resulting carbon dioxide moves back to the lungs, where it then is exhaled.
When the hemoglobin level falls, cells begin to experience oxygen starvation. For women, the rate of 120-150 g / L, for men - 130-170 g / l.
Falling levels of hemoglobin up to 100 g / l is dangerous to health, and 80 g / l or less - dangerous for life.
Lowering the levels of hemoglobin are usually associated withinsufficient use of iron products, as well as deficiency of vitamin B12 and folic acid, which are responsible for the synthesis of hemoglobin.
Signs of low hemoglobin:
- with the cardiovascular system: Heart palpitations, weakness, dizziness, headache, fainting.
- external signs: Fragility and nail separation, pale, dry skin, cracks in the corners of the mouth, severe hair loss, early graying.
- by taste and smell: The desire to eat non-edible substances (clay, lime, ground) and products in raw form (cereal, pasta, pastry); people with low levels of hemoglobin often smell like acetone, gasoline, paint and so on. d.
Every 6 months to hand over a common blood test, which will allow time to detect a decrease in hemoglobin.
How quickly pick up the hemoglobin in the blood
To raise the level of hemoglobin, it is necessary to observe the following doctors' recommendations:
- Products included in the diet, which increase hemoglobin;
- Add food menu, rich in folic acid (lettuce, parsley, spinach, nuts, seeds);
- eat the recommended foods with fruits and vegetables, in which a lot of vitamin C (increases the absorption of iron in two times);
- deleted at the time of treatment drinks containing tannins and polyphenols that interfere with iron absorption (coffee, tea, cola);
- dairy products should be eaten separately from iron (the time difference must be at least 2 hours);
- moderately heat treatment product used, since high temperatures are destroyed micronutrients, ideally cook in a steamer.
Earlier doctors to increase blood levels of hemoglobin were advised to include in the diet more pomegranates, apples, buckwheat, now they recommend to "lean" on meats and seafood.
Of animal origin body metabolizes to 20% iron, from plant foods - no more than 7%.
Folk remedies to increase hemoglobin
Raise the level of hemoglobin in the blood in twoways - by taking iron supplements and folk built on a balanced diet. If the first is appointed only by a physician and a strong fall in hemoglobin, the second way you can assign itself. We have selected the best folk remedies to correct hemoglobin levels in the home, whose effectiveness has been confirmed by doctors.
Wheat germ. 50 g wheat germ is almost completely covers the daily requirement of iron and folic acid. Start eating sprouts with 2 teaspoons. per day, gradually increasing the daily dose to 3-4 tablespoons.
vitamin mixture. Take equal quantities of walnuts,dried apricots, raisins, prunes - all of these products contain a lot of iron, and thus increase the hemoglobin. Crush everything with a blender with half a lemon, add honey to taste, stir. The resulting mixture was stored in the refrigerator, using 2 tablespoons three times a day.
Vegetable juice. Good folk remedy under reduced hemoglobin becomes a daily intake of fresh squeezed juice from the beets and carrots. However, the daily iron requirement it does not fully cover.
A drink from the hips. To prepare the drink, chop Article 1.5. l. dry rose hips, put the mixture in a thermos, zaley cup of boiling water and leave to infuse overnight. In the morning drain the drink, add honey to taste and lemon juice. Drink every morning before breakfast, 1 glass.
Medications to increase hemoglobin
One of the available pharmaceutical drugs ishematogen. It actually increases hemoglobin in blood, but the iron content of not more than beef liver portions. Other drugs prescribed for hemoglobin levels fall below 100 g / l and only physician. These include: Irova, Heferol, Ferrogradumet, Sideral and others.
Never appointed herself drugs. Only your doctor will choose the right medication and dosage.
At home, the same conditions on their own you canincrease the hemoglobin level with iron-rich foods. Eat right and balanced way, and in a couple of months, you will notice that your hair will stop falling out, nails become strong, improve the general condition and his face shine health.