Survey of the gynecologist - is not so bad, butit is very important for a young girl. The doctor will assess the development of the sex organs, timely detect any abnormalities in their development, detect inflammation or infectious disease. In addition, the gynecologist will advise on the issue of protection from unwanted pregnancy and will choose the appropriate method in a particular case.
The first gynecological examination is carried out in 14-16 years. Better - before the start of sexual activity, and certainly after.
In any case to go to a gynecologist necessary?
- If menstruation began before 9 years;
- If you have not started menstruating before the age of 16;
- With an irregular cycle in the first two years after the start of menstruation;
- If heavy bleeding and pain in the critical days;
- If you have discharge, itching and redness in the area of the labia majora, lower abdominal pain.
How to prepare for a visit to the gynecologist?
- On the day of visit to the doctor is required to take a shower without the use of funds for personal hygiene.
- Go to the toilet. Examination of the full bladder is not only difficult examination, but can also cause pain.
- Take along a diaper, which is placed on the seat before him to sit down.
What questions will ask the gynecologist?
The doctor will ask about your menstrual cycle: when the first period, the duration of each cycle began, when they were the last time, if a regular menstrual cycle.
Ideally, you want to have a calendar, where you will observe the duration of critical days. So you're always sure to answer all questions accurately and gynecologist without hesitation.
Also a gynecologist will ask questions about sexual activity: if you live in it, from what age and the beginning of what methods of contraception you are protected.
What is a pelvic exam?
- The survey begins with a correct assessmentdevelopment of sexual organs. With the help of gynecological mirror, which is introduced into the vagina, the doctor will examine the vaginal mucosa and cervix. If you still do not live sexual life, the doctor will not introduce gynecological instruments, and will only smear.
- Inspection includes bimanual examination underwhich two fingers of one hand inserted into the vagina and the other hand to feel the belly. It is necessary to evaluate the status of the ovaries, uterus and fallopian tubes. It examines those who are already sexually active lives. Otherwise verification genital development is conducted through a rectal examination (as in the first case, but longer fingers are introduced into the vagina and the anus).
- Vaginal smears for further laboratory analysis.
- Examination of the mammary glands. This inspection is to detect tumors and seals. The survey includes feeling the breasts and nipples going-over.
Perhaps, that's it. And do not be afraid gynecological chair, whether you're in it is properly positioned for the first time - the doctor will tell you how to do it. Since the onset of sexual activity to be screened regularly, every six months. From the genitals health depends on the ability to be a mother in the future.